My Long Distance Relationship Story and Why It Didn’t Work For Me.

xButterflyKisses87x

Distance may work for SOME but it didn't work for me.

I was young and naïve at the age of 19; I wasn’t really looking for love, or let alone a relationship that one April Fool’s day we found each other online. I feel that because we met on April fool’s that it wasn’t meant to be.

One day a few months later, I had this strange new weird feeling about him before I met him in person, I somehow knew he was the one, or so I had thought. I reacted on that feeling and had asked him if he would marry me.

One time he tried to come up where I am since we were quite far he got denied at the boarder because apparently he had lied even though he did want to move up where I am to be with me and get married and all.

Fast forward, he had cheated on me in regards to that but I forgave him stupidly.

He had started to become different eventually with time. He and I had phone sex a lot of the time because distance being an issue.

He became more demanding requested things I never felt comfortable with or capable of doing so I over time grew tired of it and just lied and said I had been playing when I wasn’t, I had been acting it out he completely fell for it and believed I was.

I must admit I felt terrible for deceiving him like that but I also felt like I couldn’t just tell him that I didn’t like feeling pressured like he had made me feel.

In times of needing a partner to discuss things, I felt like I could never talk to him because he always just said “ok” so it felt like I couldn’t talk to him when I needed advice or just someone to be there, I really felt like I had to hold everything in.

I often felt trapped nearing the end of our relationship because he blackmailed me into staying in the relationship even though I wasn’t happy. I admit I strayed so yes I cheated, I felt bad but I also felt good about it because it got me out of what I considered to be hell.

9
8

Most Helpful Guy

• Guanfei
    LDR almost never work. I've been on the internet for a very long time, and I've seen one working, so far. And dozens failing.
    My opinion is simple: don't try a LDR. It will break you, as it broke me years ago.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

88
  • HOAAH
    LDR can work if you both want to end up married very shortly after meeting, well at least that is how it was with me. We wanted to be together/married and we got married after 6 months of meeting on facebook (we were dating one in the states and one was overseas in Italy)
    • Congrats!

• My guy just turned out to be a complete idiot tho 😖

• DizzyDesii

Wow thats great! We’ve been together a year now and we have problems but still hope to marry when i move with him sometime next eyar

• DiegoO
    LDR, it didn't work for me neither but none of us had the money to see each other. There is the legal part also, what you are gonna say to the authorities of your partners country? (if you live in different countries) I came to know my LD partner?

It's complicated and you both have to know what you are doing.
  • Bloodflows15
    I’ve had a lot of failed long distance relationships. But it’s the only way I can date people, as I have mental health issues and I live in a small town that doesn’t have much young people, let alone lesbians, and I go to a alternative school. So I just keep trying them out, hoping one day I can find the girl I want to go meet and build a life with. I’d love to have children someday 💙
  • Soft4u
    It wasn't good from the start, a successful relationship takes a lot of work, there's no way of doing that in a LDR. The only way a LDR might work is if you're in a solid relationship that's grounded before it goes long distance.
    • DiegoO

Not really. A LDR can work. With all the technology available it's much easier than any other time. The problem with LDR is that they can result in disaster if none (neither your partner not you) have what it takes to end the distance and take to the next level.

• DiegoO

nor you*

• surferfelix
    Seems like you are throwing the whole concept off based on a personal experience. Respectable though.

They aren't easy, and I don't think it works for most but i've seen it working for some
    • Hence the why it didn’t work for me After that I pretty much was scared of it. But there’s idiots either way tho

• desidoll
    LDR is tough if both of you are financially unstable. I wouldn't recommend anyone to get involved in it unless they are people who could hold commitment without cheating their partner who lives in another part of the world. Even if it is successful, one of you have to move/migrate to your partner's country which would be something that you really need to think further. I speak based on my experience. I'll need to leave my family soon and they are madly sad about it. I feel bad but there is no way for us to be together if I don't migrate. He cannot move to my country for some reasons.
  • Krumpir
    Poor you. I believe nothing will happen like that to me
  • 2plus2is4
    yeah um
    so what mmorpg is your pfp?
  • Emma_240302
    Now I’m scared of a long distance relationship
    • Doesn’t mean they all turn out that way. It was my own personal experience but it’s definitely better to have a up close boyfriend

• smilingsunshine
    Long distance is so very hard
  • CT_CD
    Interesting myTake
  • sophieea
    Don't know why
  • Anonymous
    Sorry that happened to you. It doesn't have to be a long distance relationship to be a horrible relationship though, believe me...
    • Yea I know that too, but this was my experience long distance but I understand

• Anonymous
    Cool
  • Anonymous
    It's like you're a female version of meI Except she didn't cheat but I did.
    I can't even blame anyone but myself. I was about to buy a ring, but I can't. The guilt! So I told her everything. She was the only girl that made me think about marriage and i blew it.
    • Undress

do you regret it? would you ever be with her again, and did you ever love her?

• Anonymous
    Move on