Letter from my Ex

Letter from my Ex

Letter from my Ex

Dear Sweetheart,

I've gone over in my head a million times what I wanted to say to you. There is just no perfect way to say it. What I did to us was wrong. I was wrong for hurting you. I knew three days after I left that I had made the biggest mistake of my whole life.

Letter from my Ex

I don't expect forgiveness or even a sympathetic response from you. I know you think I don't care about you, never loved you, and lied to you about a lot of things I said. I know you think I've forgotten about our time together all the memories we had and the amazing love we once shared. None of that is true, here's what really happened.

Letter from my Ex

What happened is,

"My anxiety got the best of me, I panicked and I ran. I thought to myself, that there was no way I could be all you deserved in a partner. There is no way I could give you all that you deserve in life because you are the greatest woman I have ever met. I am just an average guy I am nothing speacial and even if I would do my very best for the rest of my life it would never be good enough, at least not in my eyes. Because you deserve everything and more that this world has to offer."

Letter from my Ex

I'm sorry

"I was too proud to tell you I was afraid of failure in our relationship. Even worse, I was to big of a coward to talk with you about my insecurities, about never being good enough for you and that I thought eventually we would end up separating because I just couldn't cut it as your man. Instead of acting like a man, I ran like a bitch. I can't say I'm sorry enough and I can't undo my horrible mistake. I want you to know how my life is going now."

Letter from my Ex

At this time

"Every day when I wake up I reach for you but your not there. I close my eyes for a few moments and pray this is just a bad dream and any moment I will wake up and see you beside me. I make coffee every morning then poor it out because the smell in the house helps me to pretend you're still here and everything is fine."

Letter from my Ex

"When I go grocery shopping I buy all the things you like and keep them in the fridge until they go bad. Seeing your brand of tea and juice helps me to imagine you are not gone but still here with me. Sometimes, when I cook I set you a place at the table or make you a plate. I just tell myself that you're running late from work or at the gym that night."

Letter from my Ex

"I talk to you when I am pretending you are here with me. It gives me comfort and peace in my life that is now just pure sadness. I don't enjoy doing anything anymore even things I used to love doing. It's gotten to the point I feel no joy in anything just anger or sorrow. I thought I had suffered from depression before but I was very wrong."

Letter from my Ex

I miss you

"I miss you so much I've tried to mock some of our dates we had in the past. I actually go to Dave and Buster's about every week play the Jurassic Park Game and pretend your beside me. I went to the old movie theater alone the one that replays older movies and bought two tickets to a movie we watched together last year. I try to relive the moments we had together. Those moments looking back now are priceless and my idea now of true happiness."

It's gotten bad for me

Bad to the point I began seeing a psychiatrist because I found myself thinking of suicide or harming myself. I took time off work because of my mental health situation and the debilitating feelings. Feelings that I now have after making the biggest mistake of my life in leaving you.

Letter from my Ex

Wanted you to know

"I had to tell you this stuff because I didn't want you thinking I was running around happy or had forgotten you. I'm actually at the worst place I've ever been in my whole life. Everyday the guilt gets worse and I feel like I'm slowly suffocating. Please don't blame yourself for anything you did nothing wrong. I hope you read this and believe me when I say I love you, I miss you, and I will never forgive myself for doing this to you......"

Letter from my Ex

To My Friends

This MyTake was written to tell the few people on GAG who have supported me and been there for me the past few months why I have decided to make the decision I have made. I love you all

These were parts from a letter I received last week. The letter I thought would never come. If I'm letting anyone down I'm sorry but,

I have to follow my heart.

It's just who I am.

#WowgirlRocks

Letter from my Ex
22
13

Most Helpful Guy

• MustachePenguin
    Wow Girl, you're a strong and powerful woman. You are braver than most other women I've seen here on GaG. You deserve the best! I hope things get easier for you soon.
    Is this still revelant?
    • Thanks for that I really appreciate the support from you and everyone here

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

1321
  • OlderAndWiser
    I don't want to make any assumptions. How have you decided to respond to this letter?
    • Wowgirl30q

Delta

• Delta as in the symbol for change, or Delta as in the airline. meaning that you are going to fly to where he is to visit him?

• Wowgirl30q

#2 answer

• SydneySentinel
    💔💔 You are stronger than you realize. Love you.
  • I'll just say that sometimes people fuck up. It doesn't sound like the guy betrayed or lied to you. Did he?
    If that man actually means what he said; if he realizes what a treasure you are and knows how badly he messed up, he might be worth a second chance. That's up to you to decide.

You're strong and wise, Wowgirl30q. Follow your heart. Whatever decision you make will be the right one.
  • eviegurl
    Wow that's a little over the top wasting food. And all that crazy from someone who doesn't know either person this sounds like you should have a tazer handy or mase or something scary obsessed
  • nerms123
    Dang if someone wrote me that stuff I’d go back to them. Unless they beat me or something then no. But otherwise yeah!
  • LovingNerd
    Ummm...

Okay...

I believe the effort was genuine, however...

As a guy that has made knucklehead mistakes in a past relationship, an authenticate letter of apology does not include groveling.

Read between the lines, and the message is there.

I wrote a letter like this to an ex, and had my therapists read it before I mailed it. "Start over. Don't patronize her. Don't dig up the past. Don't explain poor behaviors. Never grovel. Bad form. Bad letter. My advice, do not mail it."

A few more months of therapy, counseling, retreats, recovery sessions, I sent the following letter:

(Paraphrasing)

Jennifer, I hope this letter finds you doing well and prospering.

I am attending therapy, learning about my shortcomings, digging into my past, and finding growth and healing and letting go of the thinking errors that ultimately ended our relationship.

I am on a new path, one of self awareness, self examination, self growth, and making smarter choices, stronger connections with others, and showing up with authentically without a mask, without fear, and with a greater appreciation of others.

As for the past, I own my mistakes, the pain I caused, the hurt I sent. If I could apply all I've learned, up until now, in the relationship we had, the outcome might have been very different. Suffice to say, I am sincerely sorry that it took me years to get the help I needed.

I hope you can find sonne peace knowing our relationship was the catalyst for seeking help, healing, and recovery.

Sincerely...
    • Nice

• Tbh that letter would make me feel worse. Like you benefitted from my misfortune lol and I just had misfortune.. plus I find details to be cathartic. When things are too nearly summed up it doesn't feel authentic.

As a stranger I’m totally happy for you of course.

If I was someone who was still in love with you It would just make me feel used and manipulated and like I was just one amongst many “ things” that helped you like yoitseif better. Feels very impersonal like you can send it to all your other exes and hoot parents and. Rigged and sisters and classmates. Like a general amends. Not really About is or “me”.

Course if I’d lived on I’d just he happy for you.

If I was still in Love I’d feel cheated and like a human casualty.. maybe even almost mocked

But again as a stranger it sounds great 😊😊

• @VIVANT I liked the details showed he took time

• worldscolide
    Just wow. There is a lot to unpack there. I dont know what decision you're making but no matter what you need to do whats best for you.
  • It's a good letter! If you go back with him, make some clear rules about what you expect and how your relationship should be
  • Ex's are exs for reason, they werent good enough to stay. You'll be ok. My DMs are always open if you want to talk.
  • BlackRoseFairy
    I am glad to hear that you found closure. Just keep being yourself girl, you rock! ❤️🧡💛
  • Elliegirl
    Wow! That’s so touching! Good luck to you. You will always have my support.
  • Kit_Kat88
    Reading this made me tear up. I'd be tempted to go back to an ex if he wrote me a similar letter. Anxiety is horrible condition that messes with the mind, leading to irrational behavior. I often get relationship anxiety that leads to trust issues and arguments. Follow your heart and brain. Consider the possibility of rekindling the relationship if you still have feelings for him, and think it might work out. Don't forget to use logic too so you can make decisions that'll be best for you evenn if your heart is opposed to it. I hope that what you decide to do, it goes very well for you. :) :)
  • latinabutterfly96
    Wish I knew what this was all about. But wow this is... deep.
  • Grond21
    Wow! There is so much here! I can't imagine what you must have felt as you were reading this
    • Wowgirl30q

I thought wow too

• Grond21

It must have been a huge rollercoaster!

• Wowgirl30q

Still is

• Using the b word during mytakes and questions is a g@g violation even if in details, madam Wowgirl30q.

Yeah, people reach out for forgiveness quite often.
    • Wowgirl30q

Thank you sir 💛

• That’s a violation of the posting guidelines? Since when?

• You’re not letting anyone down. That letter made me cry. Are you sure this is what you want me to do?
  • SarahsSummer
    What is the decision you have made?
    • None go talk get closer either way. It's tough man I don't know what will happen or what to do?

• that's really moving.

you know that I love you and will always support you in what you do.

hope all goes well , love you and stay safe
    • Wowgirl30q

@adamski24 I don't know what to do my love? But I feel it's a monumental decision

• I know I'm not much help.
      It is a really big decision to make which only you can make in the end as you lived it.
      From what you have told me over the years I would say no don't get back together with him.
      It's best to talk to the close and trusted friends and family who were around at the time.

• Wowgirl30q

Thank you ❤️

• Follow your heart to reunite?
    • Wowgirl30q

Thank you for being so kind to me always.
      And yes I have to

• I don’t see why you would be letting anyone down To do what you think is best. I supper that whatever it is.. I think you must have really needed to hear what was in that letter and I think the letter let knew that. I hope whatever you have decided it works out for the best.

Anyone who cares for you will not feel betrayed by your passion. It’s a good litmus year if anything. Don’t feel guilty 😌. Unless you plan to do something illegal. Don’t do that 😐😅

💜💜🌟🌟🌟🌟

• Wowgirl30q

No I would have killed him already 💛

• Juxtapose
    Follow your desire. You only live once.
    • Thanks dude tell the new baby hi🤗

• @Juxtapose i wish I could take you with me when I see him. You always know what to say somehow

• Juxtapose

You'll be fine, if both of you speak in good faith.

• i didn't thought you were straight?
  • Did you get back together?

It was very touching.
  • 92762
    Usually First Choice is the right one more than second or third ever time
  • red_knight
    Did you reply?
    What's gonna happen now?
  • AkshiJanjua
    you should move on
  • loveslongnails
    Are you saying you're getting back with him?
  • Robertcw
    So now what are you going to do?
    • Robertcw

nevermind I saw Delta. That's awesome.

• Agape93
    Do what thou wilt, little star :)
  • Dav1ss
    You OK?
  • October808
    Bollocks. Don't fly Delta. Aaanything but Delta.
  • DanOh2018
    Sorry for your loss.
  • COMMODOREII
    Wait what are you saying woman. 😕
  • skeetskeetskeet
    Does this mean what I think it does. .
  • malik25
    So scary!