Yes, the guy/girl who dumped you sometimes misses you... A LOT.

Apope16

The other day I broke up with a girl I had been dating for nearly three months.

Sometimes I wonder what she thinks I am thinking. Sometimes I am curious whether she understands my feelings. The truth is I dumped her and I miss her A LOT. I even cry about it.

Does a Dumper Miss You?

Here is the thing about someone who dumps you. Often times they don't dump you because they want to do it, they dump you for moral or integrity reasons. Sometimes they may dump you out of pain or fear.

I wish the Dumper felt my pain!

Actually, in some cases the person who dumped you probably does feel just as much pain as you. Especially if it was a long relationship.

Does the Dumper think about me?

Yes. Sometimes the dumper thinks about you all the time. In some cases the dumper may fuck another person to try to escape the pain of your memory. It may be a temporary high but in the end they will think of you months or even years later.

Does the Dumper feel regret?

Absolutely. As a Dumper I feel regret and pain at the moment. I certainly doubt if I made the right decision but in the end I know I did. In the end, I know I made the right decision but I wish I never had to do it.

Will a Dumper ever take you back?

In most cases no. In my situation, probably not.

What would it take to get an Ex Back?

In my situation I have a secret fantasy that after blocking her on phone and social media..she will fight for the relationship by emailing me or sending me a long letter. The fantasy is followed by a reunion where she is a completely transformed and improved version of herself. Where she accepts the past and has true remorse and I can clearly see she has changed. She has matured. She is ready for the REAL thing.

Transform yourself for the better. Address fully why the breakup happened. And fix those flaws in the relationship.

Does No Contact Work?

I still love her. But it is the party at fault's job to fix things.

5
5

Most Helpful Girl

• People need to give dumpers a break. Nobody realises just how much pain and how much of a burden it is for the dumper. It’s not that they don’t love you anymore (in most cases that is), but it’s that something is going wrong in the relationship and the dumper usually has more courage to address it and make the decision to break up. Dumping is so so hard, and we miss the person just as much as they miss us (and if not more).

Like you, I’ve had that fantasy too where the person would change but it’s never happened before. Usually break ups happen for the best and for a good reason that’s why we don’t decide to go back.
    Is this still revelant?
    • callmemad

99% of dumpers feel nothing when they dump anyone. They are called dumbers for a reason which is they dump you in the trash like a piece of used period pads.

• Apope16

My best friend is a female. She dumped her 2 year boyfriend because he wouldn't get a job and was basically living off of her. A year goes by and he shaped up. Got a new job. Is no longer homeless. Feels confident... He shaped up and changed. He credits her.

2 days ago they were texting each other. He drove 5 hours to see her and they had sex at her apartment. She dumped him and kicked him out. Now he has changed and is obsessed with him.

• Alyssa11

Sorry guys I can't speak for those people. I can speak for myself and my experience. I've broken up with most of my exes and it really did hurt because I had genuine feelings/cared about them as a person truly.

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

45
  • Justneedtokno
    It’s a nice thought to think that the dump or actually has any feelings towards you. But it’s easier to feel as if they don’t care at all so you can move on
    • Apope16

I just dumped this girl 2 days ago. I've been crying about it. A lot of pain. I blocked her on all accounts because I can't even handle it. I still love her.

• The questions why did you dump her in the first place if you were Happy. There is no way to you communicate and work it out. I think some of people that dump others leave in the first sign of trouble.

• Apope16

She cheated. Basically she flirted with a guy right in front of me, then took pictures of him with the puppy. They joked that it was for his Bumble profile. Then she sent him a text message of 5 pictures of him with the dog after she took his number. When i approached after watching all this she never said a word introducing me to the guy and the group he was with... I presume because she wanted to make him think that she was single. So I introduced myself.

This all happened in an outdoor food line. Then as we walked away she went back to the guy and flirtaciously shouted at him that the food was good.

Its been 72 hours and I am moving toward forgiveness because I think she has Bipolar Disorder but refuses to meet someone for diagnosis. It was a condition of us being together long term. I saw a therapist abut she hasn't held up her end of the bargain of self help.

• xCherryKizz
    I was dumped a year ago because he needs to leave to another country to further his studies and focus on building his future... without me.

And i think partly he was regretful that he has to drag me in his life when he couldnt do anything for me. It was quite the opposite actually, he was everything to me.

And he still is after all that.

I think one part of me will always love him no matter what, but it doesn't mean i have to be with him anymore.
  • kespethdude
    Well, tough cookies! The dumper had a chance, they blew it. Time to move on.
    • Apope16

Except... what if he/she dumped the person because they cheated?

• Then the CHEATER is the one who blew it.

• exitseven
    I was dumped once by somebody who wanted to go back with her old boyfriend. I saw the two of them together in a club when she told me she was spending the night doing school work. I was blindsided but decided to leave because i was afraid of what I might do next. She saw me walk out and I expected her to follow me outside to explain or something. She did not and in the weeks to follow I heard nothing from her. This was before cell phones and email.
    Years later we saw each other at the mall and she finally apologized to me. She told me that she regretted dumping me and that she was afraid I was moving too fast. I had just got married so it was nice to rub her nose in that.
  • Of course they miss me, I'm awesome.
  • novian
    What is this? Reddit?
  • Gwenhwyfar
    Agreed
  • Thedivinechic
    I dated a guy that dumped me 4 times. Lol
    • exitseven

And they say third times the charm.

• Anonymous
    That's just your story, my ex broke up with me because she found me less attractive and i was her rebound. She dumped me becuase she felt trapped in a cage with someone who is inexperienced, She wanted a real man. I was just her vessel to move on. In the end i don't blame her we were young but i was the one who suffered not the one who dumped me and felt free and power after.
    • Im sorry it happened to u

• Apope16

Powerful stuff my brother. You are a real man just not her type of man. Over time you will build a back bone and be a better man for a girl who is even better. I shared with you my story as the Dumper after years and years being the dumped guy.

This title doesn't say that all dumpers miss you. It only says "Sometimes".