Why is my ex boyfriend active on a dating site only 3 days after break up?

My ex boyfriend and I broke up a week ago.(I initiated the break up)...my best friend has always been active on this dating site and informed me with in 3 days after our break up he checked out her profile and had been active. And just recently he sent me a text stating how he's sorry about what he did to me and how much he loves me. ...I'm confused guys... Why would he be active on a dating site already only 3 days after break up? ? And why would he send me a text like that while he's on this dating site?

38

Most Helpful Guy

• Because he misses the spiritual connection he shared with you. All relationships are spiritual, whether people admit it or not- that is why he feels lonely and empty inside- so instead of weathering the pain of being away from someone he used to care about, he needs to immediately find someone else to fill that gap.

It is called, "The rebound"

• That makes sense... I can't imagine dating anyone right now lol

• Yes, I know, but many women choose to do the same thing- to fill the void their former love took occupancy in.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because you don't want to be with him. I think that he really wants to be in a relationship, but since you no longer want that, he is going to go elsewhere to get it. I think that the dating site is mainly a back-up to be honest. I mean, what was you expecting for him to do? Did you want to crawl back to you. Just asking. Do you want him back, if not, him being on a dating site shouldn't really matter.