She never paid for anything and dumped me for not having money?

I was with a girl for 2 years and she never once offered to pay for anything, never ever opened her purse.

I felt like I was being taken for a ride. We were deeply in love and I know she is my soul mate, I've never ever had a connection like I have had with her.

She didn't even pay rent... her mum helped with food always but my ex gf always said it is the man's job to pay. she dumped me over the phone for "not having enough money" and I was broken... it's been 3 years and I still think about her everyday.

I don't know how to get over her, I'm always looking at her Facebook page and I feel helpless. I sent her a message and Facebook and I never received a reply.

I took her and I on a 3 month holiday to south east Asia, and 80 percent of it was out of my pocket

We went on countless trips away for a week at a time for new years eves and other holidays and again I was always paying for EVERYTHING and my ex even had the nerve to ask why "we" had run out of money... I tried talking to her about it but it would always come back to her being old fashioned and she doesn't pay.

Another issue that we had is my ex never introduced me to her friends whom most are male friends. She would tell me it would cause problems for the relationship if I had met them. Towards the end of the relationship she was going to the movies with one of these friends and he was shouting her dinner and bought her flowers around to her house with expensive swarvoski jewelry. I was very hurt as she wanted to wear them and didn't see a problem with anything she was doing.

I love her and I never cared about money until she made it an issue by never offering to pay.

Why can't I get over her? I can't get with any girls as when I do she pops into my mind and I find myself trying to find a girl who compares to my ex's personality and looks.

Someone please help me, I'm lost and I know if I get back with her it will lead to me being unhappy again.

109

Most Helpful Girl

• It sounds like she had a garbage personality- but you overlooked that because of how hot she is. For the most part, really hot people- especially girls- get all sorta of free things that normal people don't get. They're used to being treated better even if they don't necessarily deserve it. You continued to give give give and you're surprised why she wanted that pattern to continue? ... she's isn't an idiot. Perhaps next time, you can exercise better judgment in choosing a girl instead of going for the super hot girl who clearly has gold digger tendencies. It says a lot that it took you two years and getting dumped to figure out there's a problem. Sorry for ring harsh- but if you don't wake up, you will be taken for a ride again. By anyone- man or woman- smart enough to spot your naïveté and generosity.

• being* harsh
      Ducking autocorrect

• LOL how adorable :p *yells some more* :D

• I wasn't just with her for her looks. We could read each other, I could read her mind and she could read mine. From day 1 we had that ability and knew if something had happened to one another whilst being apart. It just sucks she had those gold digger tendencies and grew up in a posh area.

Most Helpful Guy

• You have no self-esteem? You think this girl was the only girl in the world who would ever date you and so you put up with her shit?

honestly, she's like a bad hooker. You're better off without her.