Should I delete my ex's friends and family from facebook?

My ex and I (2 year relationship) broke up 6 weeks ago. It was not a happy split and we have not had any contact since then. I have blocked him but not his friends and family. His dad still likes my posts every now and again. I have unfollowed them to stop the temptation to stalk. I did however look on his dad's page today and saw a picture of my ex. I thought I was doing well and getting over him but seeing the picture has made me sad again, to see him getting on with his life with his friends and family who I used to spend time with. It's like I was never a part of their lives. Am I being really self centred and pathetic? And should I block them all so I won't be able to see any of their profiles and therefore, him again?

22

Most Helpful Guy

• Removing them from your social media will definitely help you move forward. It took me ages to actually remove my ex and her family from my Facebook and it messed my mood up each time my news feed had pictures or a status from them. There is no real need to stay in contact with an ex's family, as sad as it is to walk away from it all there is no way to fully recover from a breakup if still holding on. I actually felt better quickly after doing it and moved on faster after it too.

Most Helpful Girl

• First of all, you're not being self-centered or pathetic! If being friends with your ex's friends and family cause you to tempted to talk or cause you affliction, then you should definitely remove them from your friends and contacts list! I know how it feels and your breakup is still fresh and it is the hardest part of a breakup, which is to move on. At first when you remove them from Facebook, you will hate it and no matter what, you will be curious to see what's going on. The best is to just block them. The worst it can do to still have them as friends is to just cause you more pain.