Ex-boyfriend asked me to Thanksgiving at his parents?

He broke up with my last weekend. He cited communication problems as the reason. I felt on some days he was withholding affection and love and I was feeling (appropriately) insecure. The night before he broke up he was very grumpy and Uncommunicative, and I got upset when he did dishes instead of spending time (we both are busy and get only one or two nights a week together) me after a group date with our friends where all the couples were talking about Thanksgiving plans, I had said we should make dinner for his parents to make sure the food was organic. , we had been together the longest of the group, a little over a year. He was saying he was happy with me just the day before he broke up. last night he asked me to come to Thanksgiving at his parents. Whattt? Does he regret breaking up?
oh yeah, a couple weeks ago someone asked him if we were getting engaged, and he told me. I told him I liked our relationship and did not want to get engaged. He agreed, but one guy I know suggested that was his way of asking if i was open to it. He had told me he did not want to get married when we got together.
I very much appreciate the input. Since both the breakup and the holiday invite are puzzling to me. I would not exit a pretty good love relationship so quickly, nor would i invite an ex to my family for a holiday.
I went to Thanksgiving. I spent the night with him and he said he wanted to get back together before we went to his parents.

25

Most Helpful Girl

• If open lines of communication was the main drain 'Reason' he broke it off with you, catpetter, and with all that I am seeing here with his boyish behavior to boot, he may be feeling Guilty now for having said and done this and after everything that has been 'Said and done' He--------Asked me to come to Thanksgiving at his parents.
    I am not trying to say here that he wants things to go back to the way they were where you both were two birds of a feather... I am not seeing this. His pattern of being 'Uncommunicative,' uptight, just things that implied he didn't want to be hooked at the hip, is showing me he he wanted to cut ties and maybe be friends, if anything... he may have needed space and a time for himself..
    However, it also sounds like he got a little festive and maybe sentimental and now is asking you come to Be with him and his parents so he can keep the Pilgrim peace, not have to talk turkey about anything with them about you and him and-----Happily too not have to do the dishes.
    And at this point in time, allow yourselves this space, some serious time to do some soul searching. A wishbone might be nice when you carve the bird and being Christmas is also down the road, maybe by then it doesn't have to be down a beaten path neither... who knows what will happen by then under the mistletoe.
    Good luck. xx

• You are a fun writer! and yes... mmm rather guarded communications with his introversion was a problem. meanwhile, i was pretty noncommital to anything other thsn, i loved being with him. but he did need more time to himself, at the same time, it seemed like he did not like me going to work events on date nights.

• lol... Thanks so much... It makes for good reading and to make one ponder... word nerds... I love this...:)) xx

• Thank you, sweetie, for allowing me to lend an ear, dear... I see the wish bone helped and it looks like mistletoe toe to show as well... so happy, I am shedding some tears...:)) xxoo