My boyfriend snooped through my phone for the 3rd time. Is it worth breaking up with him over this?

My boyfriend has gone through my Facebook messages, texts, instagram, Twitter, photos, and snapchat. The 1st time he did this he apologized immediately after because he felt bad. 2nd time around, he didn't know that I knew he had been through my phone while I was in the bathroom. On the iPhone, I like to swipe up on and get rid of any apps that I don't use anymore, so that's how I figured out he'd been snooping. He didn't acknowledge or apologize and I didn't want to bring it up. The 3rd time, he went through my phone while I was sleeping and he still doesn't know that I know he'd been snooping around. I feel disrespected and confused. He seems to be really insecure and have trust issues. I know this issue seems petty, but it's not ok with me. Kinda like fool me once shame on me, fool me twice shame on you... Is something like this even worth breaking up over? I don't know what to do.

I have a pass code on my phone, but he knows it. Just recently changed it again so he can't snoop around.

63

Most Helpful Guy

• I think having privacy is very important, his trust issue is very common among guys and girls. Have a sit down with him not an argument but a serious calm conversation, if he tries to apologize tell him thats not what you're looking for tell him you're looking for him to not be so distrusting of you and be more secure about the relationship, don't detail the times that It happen just tell him you know its happened. Try and make it as little confrontational as possible but as serious and firm as you can make it feel like he's being broken up with. Let him know that if this keeps happening your relationship will be damaged beyond repair and a break up is the only solution.

Most Helpful Girl

• You need to confront him about this, because he's obviously invading your privacy and does not respect you at all, considering that he's carrying on with this bullshit in secret.

What else is he going to go through in the future? Go through your bags? Scan your PC/laptop? Sniff your underwear?

Guy is extremely insecure and his behaviour is not acceptable. Try putting a password on your phone and see what happens. Chances are he'll get pissed off at YOU and start accusing you of things, because he can no longer check who you're talking to.