He broke up with me because he needs to focus on school?

My boyfriend out of the blue texted me saying he couldn't be with me anymore because he needs to focus on graduating (high school). He said we can still talk and can definetly try again once he graduates. He's very smart and was always all about school. We dated for 3 months and he told me he loved me and everything. Is that just an excuse to break up or could he really want to focus on school?

53

Most Helpful Girl

• More likely he broke up with you because Valentine day is around the corner... hmpth! Cheapy!

• Haha that's what my parents said.

• @asker lol, who knows really? For all we know he's a bum and can only buy you a donut for valentine or he is just busy with school. Either way he did it before valentine to not get u into, cheap son of a gun

• Get u anything*

What Guys Said 3

• I agree with the lady..
    He wants to focus purely on his last year of school, definitely don't over think what he said, but also don't wait around for him either, you could miss great opportunity with other people if you do..

• Not an excuse.

• asshole. he was either not that into you, or cheating, or just an asshole.

What Girls Said 4

• I think he rlly wanted to focus on school. I know how it feels like. I'm graduating this year and been asked out twice but i feel its not the time to be in a relationship considering the fact that I care about school and my grades more than guys.. so i don't think its just an excuse. I understand him

• He wants to focuse on school, like he said he does. Don't over think it :D

• Let him focus on his studies, I kind of see where he's coming from.

• It's possible that he's really immature and can't figure out how to do two things at the same time.

I've graduated from high school, did an MA at university and then worked full-time. There was never a time when I would have ended an otherwise perfect relationship because I had exams or was about to graduate or had a busy work schedule. Yes, there are times when you have less time for your partner (or your partner has less time for you), but in a good relationship these things are talked about and accepted. So yes, either he is very immature or he's using it as an excuse to end the relationship.