I broke up with my boyfriend impulsively. I want to call and patch things. What are my chances?

I broke it off with these words it was out of emotions and hormones

"I feel like sh*t and want to be on my own, I think I want to be single for awhile. I am very moody and I don't think it's fair that you have to deal with these all the time

he then wrote back by saying he respects my decisions and understands and to do whatever it is that makes me happy. He won't hold grudges as he really likes that I am honest and that it's fine I need to figure out whether I really want to be in a relationship. He then said I know where to find him if I need anyone.

I mean why be cordial and leave the door open?

47

Most Helpful Guy

• Keeping on breaking up with your boyfriend, is not the best answer to your problems especially if its due all your hormones flying around.

If you want to get back with him, next time just say to him, i need time alone cause I am feeling moody again. You must work out an effective action plan while your in a relationship, until your hormones settle down. Maybe go and see the doctor, and see if he can't recommend anything for you, to help you get through these rough patches

I suggest you go and speak to him properly about things, and come to understanding, how your relationship is going to work during these times, Stop acting like a child, grow up and get control of yourself, cause if you don't get a grip, you are causing yourself guilt, frustration, also causing you to lower confidence in your ability to this situation properly.

• This is so true! I noticed it has been like this since I took it. I hope he can forgive me :(

The sooner I reach out to him , the better?

• I am not him lol, it all depends on the person, and their understanding. If he doesn't want you back, then you must move on, and forgive yourself. Just take it on the chin, and let it be a lesson learnt, going into your next relationship.

Obviously you will be really down about it for while, but you will bounce back from it, Just don't go killing yourself over one guy, cause some people do that. Remember life doesn't end with one guy and there is a lot more to life the guys. Good luck

• ^^ remember there is a lot more to life than men. Also remember falling in love, is not finding someone to be responsible for your happiness, you must take responsibility for you own happiness. Take care good luck

What Guys Said 6

• Because he doesn't want to lose you, what are you waiting for, send the guy a message or call and talk to him... killing time here isn't patching nothing up

• Are you sure, how can you be so sure

• It's 3:39 am where I'm at, is it okay you think to text him I can't sleep and if I can call tomorrow?

• Yeah, I don't see any issues with that and be sure to ask, cause you don't know how he's taking this so ask if you can call tomorrow
      Good luck yeah

• How many times are you going to ask this question? It's best you just face what you have done and move on.

• I know gee, don't judge me for it -_- it's tough being in my situation

• Yea it's going to be cool but if you end up dating someone else within a week then yaaaa... don't message him xD

• He's had a mature response...
    Grab the opportunity while it is still there

• Are you saying it's not too late and he might still forgive me?

• Would you forgive if it was you?

• I would forgive easily, though I would have slight doubts how highly you valued me in the back of my mind in honesty

• worth a try go for it before time passes

• Yes, i can't see any reason why you could get back together, no worries. I would consider giving time for both of us, since the breakup is very fresh and you are still in an unstable emotional state.

"And how do I reach out to him, text first and hen call?"
    Definitely. But as i mention i would not text him yet, i would wait at least a week or so. Try thinking positively, do sports or whatever.

tom@fixlovelife. com

• Why you could not*

• How do you know that we could still get back together?

What Girls Said 4

• If you really like this guy or anyone you want to maintain a relationship with, you need to control your moods better imho. You should never break up with someone for such reasons because, at the end of the day, it just means you don't feel like you can handle your own life much less sharing it with someone else.

Anyway, I understand people saying you should wait a bit, because if you contact him right away already in a different mood, it will just make you sound crazy (or crazier, sorry) because you change your mind every day and who knows, maybe tomorrow the insanity will strike again and you break up with him again.

He likes you so obviously he's making himself available for you, in case you need his help or even a shoulder to cry on... it would be weirder if he just took off after you saying you needed some time to yourself (another reason not to ask to go back right away)...
    All I'm saying is that you need to take this opportunity and reflect on what you want, what you really feel about him and what are the important things/ people in your life.
    I know hormones can leave us insane sometimes, but it isn't other people's fault and we should make an effort to even feel better with ourselves in such times. Easier said than done, yes =/

• Reach out to him however you can! If it was just a mood you were in that caused you to break up with him then just explain it to him. Chances are he'll be relieved but do it soon and don't wait! It doesn't matter how you do it, just that you do!

• Thank you! People are telling me to wait a week and it drives me crazy I don't know what to believe.

I was thinking text to ask if I can call. As it's better to be on phone. I hope he'll take me back, I mean why be cordial and leave the door open

• Well because he cares about you! Did you want him to be an asshole?

• Just talk to him. And tell him that he makes you happy. And tell him that you know he wants you to be happy and you can't be that without him?