Ex girlfriend contacted me after 4 months of no contact. What does it mean?

Ex girlfriend sent me a text the other night asking me how I have been? That is how it started. We haven't texted or contacted each other in over 4 months since she started dating someone new. We ended up texting for several hours, about 80-100 text all together. There was never any mention of the guy or if I was dating anyone, but I recently looked on his FB and saw he tagged her in a message that blasted her because of her FB. Her responses were not kind back to him. She takes a lot of selfies and the article called her narcissistic. She since then has added another selfies of herself, I guess to prove something, I don't know, I am not FB friends with her. The reason that she said she contacted me was because she said she remembered that my father passed away 10 years ago and to make sure I was ok. Her father passed away 7 years ago. I answered her questions, I didn't really ask her anything, but she kept the texting converstation going. That was 2 days ago. Now I want to know what I should do? What she is thinking, etc? Is the honeymoon phase over with this guy? I don't know if she is still with the guy or not. I do miss and love her. I want her back. Broke up 8 months ago. No cheating, she broke up with me saying we did not mesh.

32

Most Helpful Guy

• When an ex contacts you ALWAYS assume she wants to see you.

It does seem that her current boyfriend and her (if they're even still together) are going through a rough patch and she's reaching out to you in hopes that you're still there.

In your situation I would have simply replied to her text with "Hey! It's great to hear from you. I'd love to meet up, when are you free?".

Depending on whether I got a positive or negative response I would either invite her to bring a bottle of white wine over to mine for dinner OR I would tell her to contact me if she changes her mind.

An ex that dumps you has to do 100% of the contact, so NO I would not be thinking about contacting now if I was you... if she contacted you once, she'll contact you again.

What Girls Said 3

• Just because two people Break up doesn't mean they can't and don't Make up and that it's Good-bye forever, my love. And with an "EX" who still Marks her X in her own softie spot here, dear, there is usually Motive in mind when it comes time To... Text the other night and asked me how I have been?
    She is apparently still with the other half. It sounds like they may still be hooked at the hip. And with looking you up, she has still got you not only on her mind, but In her back pocket as sort of an... Ace in the hole, should this FB bud of hers be Deleted, if you get my drift.
    Go slow with her flow and don't wear your heart on your sleeve so fast. As much as you 'Do miss and love her,' don't set yourself up for another heart break because you could end up in this Triangle Threesome, with you way at the tip, looking down, from side to side, at the both of them.
    '8 months ago' when she told you 'We did not mesh,' think it over very carefully as you do some serious soul searching... Would it ever be different and Could... She ever be?
    Good luck. xx

• If you want her back, you gotta let her know.

• Means, that 1) she is your ex. 2) she is moving on.

What Guys Said 1

• It means NEVER go back to an ex ever. Next question.