Was my ex boyfriend testing me?

He called me Thursday and we had a good laugh and he seemed really happy to talk to me. He then asked if he could call me back and I said yes. So he calls me back but his whole mood changed he seemed more quiet and he said he stilled loves me and he kept saying babe and when I said what he said "I love you" over and over and I asked do you really and he said "no I don't" "fuck off" and he made me cry and he said "love what's wrong" and I said what do you think you just said you don't love me. Then he said "I love you". Was he testing me or is he just playing with my emotions?

by the way he broke up with me 5 months ago, but continues to call me every week.

42

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because two people Break up doesn't mean they can't and don't Make up and that it's Good-bye, my love forever. And with an "EX" who still Marks an X in his own softie spot here, dear, there may come a time down the love line When... We had a good laugh and he seemed really happy to talk to me.
    With his up and down mood swing, it was just his feelings that were Actually do the 'Talking,' and of course, it can get a bit Confusing being it was a Month of Mondays ago.
    However, I don't know so much 'Testing' but just Feeling it out going slowly to find out where you both stand now and perhaps to go slow with a new flow.
    This doesn't mean either that you will be hooked at the hip like before, he may just want to have Friends or Friends with benefits for Now... You need yourself have To... Feel this out first.
    Good luck. xx

What Guys Said 2

• I hate to even "sort of" agree with an 18 year old on this... Forget 2 days, ignore him for 2 weeks and see what happens. I'm sort of tied on my 2 opinions of what might be going on here. Especially considering that the 2 of you broke up 5 months ago? So 1 - either he is the biggest asshole/player in history (especially given his age), or 2 - he has some other serious crap going on in his life, which you Still need to be careful of - but if This happens to be the case and he actually still cares about you - a couple weeks of you not communicating with him at all will probably bring him to the point of at least halfway giving you an idea of whats going on with him. Be careful either way and wish you the best.

• Thanks for the advice I'm just really tired of all of this with my ex and wish he would Make his mind up.

• dont talk to him for 2 days or so he will say everything what happened

What Girls Said 3

• He's not testing you. He's just struggling with his feelings too and treating you accordingly.

• Oh, my god. Please don't tell me men are this immature in the 30+ age range. How depressing. -_-

He's testing the waters with you likely because whatever fling he was in after breaking up with you ended and he's now feeling lonely.

• Lol yes Men are immature at that age I don't know when they mature.

• yes he was.