Is it bad to unfriend your ex?

My ex and I broke up a few weeks ago over a huge misunderstanding, so much that we couldn't repair our happy relationship of 7 months. At first I was okay with it, but I was conflicted about how I felt. We talked a couple of times, just to accept the breakup and be on good terms and I tried to give him the rest of his things back, but he'd told me to keep them. I knew I only offered because I wanted to see him, and I was honest and said I'm really trying to do too much here, I don't think I can really be friends with you at this time/ I miss you a lot and I want to see you. If you're interested, you're more than welcome to reach out. And, he didn't.

Late last week, I wrote on social media that I got a job before graduation and he liked it and said congrats, but now I just feel sad all over again. One of the things we talked about was that he felt like I had my life together and he didn't know why I was with such a loser like him because he's older than me and doesn't have his stuff together. I said I didn't care and it's never bothered me because we're on different paths (he's still in school). I look at pictures of other couples and the men are always saying that their girlfriends are doing great things in their lives and they want to be there with them every step of the way, why would my man feel BAD about that?

So it seems like he doesn't even want to see me, talk to me or anything. It makes me angry that we had said "I love you" to each other and then two weeks later we are done, and he couldn't even tell me to my face or anything. At first I felt like it would be immature to unfriend him on social media, but I've made more than enough effort to at least try to salvage a friendship with him and I gave him space to "think" about whether he wanted to be with me or not. I'm tired of it, and I deleted him. My fear is that now I look immature because I'm friends with practically everyone in his life on social media, even if we don't talk or anything.

16

Most Helpful Guy

• HELL NO! That's the FIRST thing that I do!

Most Helpful Girl

• No it isn't bad to unfriend your ex, should have done this in the beginning anyway. I personally don't have any contact with my ex's because I don't wish for them to be. There's no purpose for them, are they making a positive impact in your life? Could you be fine without them if they weren't in your life? Yes. SO no it isn't bad x

What Guys Said 5

• My exes are wiped away from my life once we break up.

• not a bad thing if he is being a pain so you are probably better off with him completely out of your life

• No, because being friends would only remind you what you had, then it would Always mess things up.

Your feelings, how you react, how things are with others and her, everything.

Good job! 💯

• No its not.

• at least you have mutual friends with him, what about separated couples who are wanting a little news about their partners?
    my advice is that you should move on.

• It's just the fact that he congratulated me on something that he clearly stated he didn't want to be a part of was the reason why I unfriended him. He is a nice guy in theory, but the way he treated me during the break up makes it seem otherwise. I know he stays friends with his exes but I'm sorry I'm not going to be another notch for him that says "oh yeah he's a good guy" when he was a total ass to me and couldn't even meet me face to face. Dick.

• when* u will move on...

• That's true. At this point he hasn't spoken to me, but I did say that I miss him and I want to see him. I invited him to reach out if he is also interested and if he is not then he knows how I feel. He never responded.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!