Would you cheat, have you cheated? (anonymous poll so answer honestly)

Would you cheat, have you cheated?

Would you cheat if you wouldn't get caught?

Anonymous POLL - so answer honestly!

• I am married and have not cheated.
  • I am married and have cheated.
  • I am married and would cheat if I would not get caught.
    Vote C
  • I am not married but in a relationship and have not cheated.
    Vote D
  • I am not married but in a relationship and have cheated.
    Vote E
Select a gender to cast your vote:
I personally have never cheated.

However when I was in my lonely marriage I did go online looking for "sexy" chats with strangers to fill the void.

Also, when I was a "teenager" I cheated on a guy, but that doesn't count to me, lol.

2814

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been married for over 15 years and have never cheated. I apparently have enough self-control that I can stifle feelings for other women when they inevitably arise, enough that I don't act on them so they don't create a problem. To me it's not a matter of "not getting caught" because I'm not doing it as an act for my partner's benefit. My intent is simply to follow the agreements I've made in good faith to the best of my abilities.

That said, I'm also apparently one of those rare humans who almost utterly lacks a sense of jealousy. For example if my wife were to wind up getting involved with another man, my main concern would be whether she was totally open about it with me or not. The actual idea of her having sex with somebody is more of a turn-on than anything so that's not a problem. To me, "cheating" means unilaterally breaking an agreement, hiding something significant from your partner, or not trusting your partner enough to have a calm discussion about any topic whatsoever, even if it's the idea of modifying an existing relationship's parameters to allow additional partners.

If either or both of us were to explicitly allow the other to broaden their sexuality beyond one partner, then I wouldn't consider it cheating. This is simply because there would be no deception and no manipulation / emotional pressure being applied -- just a negotiation between two emotionally-mature grown-ups. The actual sex is kind of irrelevant.

• HOLY DAMN!!!!!! BRAV THE F O

What Guys Said 13

• A person who isn't relationship oriented should not be so selfish as to become involved in a relationship with a person who is, then cheat on and break their partner's heart. As per personal experience, I was very promiscuous, but I thought I was in a relationship with a faithful girl, who as it turned out was neither faithful or steady with her unfaithfulness. Albeit I didn't intend to, I slowly fell for her and in the end tasted the poison I made so many girls taste before.

Thus I find cheating unacceptable, I tasted both sides of the lime, which were both sour, I recommend it to none, not an option. To those who are about to, please, leave the relationship you are in first before you make a mess.

You reap what you sow.

XD

• I have a really high sex drive, and I would never cheat. The only reason I can think of why people cheat, is because they don't care about their partner...

• Never cheated, but I've been cheated on twice. Also I've been the guy a girl cheated with rofl(don't feel particularly too bad about that). I don't really care about cheating. I would just get proof of it and present it to the judge so she doesn't get a dime of my stuff. Her ass can lie on the cold road. As for the girls that cheated on me who cares? I just moved on to the next girl. I was raised to never feel three things: Fear, pain, or love.(occasionally I still do) Why can I be so confident with girls? Because I don't care if she rejects me.

• If you cheated as a teenager, it may not have counted to you, but I bet it counted to him. Some people are scarred by cheating, they lose hope.

• Never have or will cheat. Mainly cus I know I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I did, then would come the accusations on her and...just a big mess Id rather never go through.

However, I'm currently single and not married so can't poll :P

• Lol when I cheat I'm like haha and when I'm done with that one girl I'm cheating on I just say I've been cheating on you so I'm sorry

• Um - really?

• I have never cheated and wouldn't consider it. In my mind, if your truly love you're girl, you wouldn't cheat, because you couldn't hurt her like that. That's how I feel about mine

• I haven't cheated and I'm planning to keep that way

• its not rite, if you get a girl just thank ur lucky stars and show her some respect

• Tell that to the 21% of the women on hear that have or would cheat. And that doesn't take into account the % that don't think they would but haven't been "tested" yet. Check it out....ALL women cheat under the right circumstances. Best thing you can do is pick the right one for you and take care of her. Doesn't mean she won't cheat though.

• Thats why you avoid the bitches. I see ur point though

• Cheating hmm that's not a great plan.

• :) Thanks!

• Best answer indeed....admire you.

• im guilty I cheated my girlfriend when she makes me really mad and its her fault!

• Really? and you're not anonymous...hmmmm!

• Listen here, it is never the girl's fault if her guy is cheating! You made the decision to cheat on her, she never made you do that. You should be ashamed. I feel sorry for your girlfriend. Also, did the other girl know about your girlfriend? Oh well, this will all come back to bit you in the @ss in 10 years when no girl will trust you and you will be a working a dead end job, living in a crappy house and die alone!

• Childish much?

• I'm not married, nor in a relationship, but would never cheat

• I have cheated and I saw what it did to my girlfriend.. I saw how it broke her, and how upset she was... I vowed to myself that I'd never do anything like that to anyone ever again. It is low and uncalled for.

What Girls Said 28

• i think it depends on how serious you are. I set the deadline at two-three months. maybe two even. if we've been going out for more than three months, we're obviously interested in each other and more or less want to get serious. at least that's how I see it. I have never cheated, but I think that if I ever were to, it would not happen past those first three months. those beginning months are more casual dating than anything, when you still find out if you like this person and want to be with them and see where it goes. if you're serious about a person and a relationship, if you care about them, you shouldn't and more often than not, wouldn't cheat.

of course, if you start dating someone you are already friends with and have known for a while, then I think you've already bypassed those 2-3 beginning stage months. then there already are strong feelings and violating them would be a horrible thing.

• ok well Let me tell you I have cheated before and I didn't get caught. lol

However I am in a relationship now and I have not cheated I've had guys flirt and in a bar I'll flirt back but I've never wanted to cheat on him. I'm happy right where I am.

• Ehmm.. I've never cheated in any relationship I've been in.. I'm sure I've flirted.. But.. you know.. Harmless.. And my boyfriend and one of his girl-friends were talking and she asked me straight out could she kiss me and I asked him and he said yeah so I did.. And he kissed her that night too.. Like a year ago! That was fine like..!

• I don't think I will understand why someone would cheat or would have the thought of cheating. That is one of the lowest things you could do, and one of the biggest insults you could ever force onto your loved one.

Inexcusable.

• I have been with my current partner for 10 years and have never cheated. I won't say that I never will because I don't know what the future holds and I find it interesting that all these really young people say they would never cheat at 17 can you really say you will never cheat ever.

• Never isn't forever when it comes to human behavior, drop this delusion of immortality. I could not think of 1 instance in the free world where cheating on your partner can not be avoided. So maintaining "never" in this society is easily accomplished.

• I just meant that people change through the years.I am a totally different person now then I was at 17. I was not implying that cheating could not be avoided of course it can be avoided but wheather people choose to avoid it is going to change for most. And if you look up never it does mean not ever, on no occasion, at no time. So sounds like forever to me.

• i cheated on all of my ex's.. But now that am engaged. I would never cheat on my Fiance.

• I would never cheat.

• Being cheated is a cruel feeling... that what had happened to me once , and I couldn't even recover and get over it by time... even iam now in a relationship but I can't forget the one who I had trusted him and my reward was being cheated...! well that is life kind of unfair... you truly love someone and live in this damn life because you know that he is there some where ...and you could sacrefise your own life to make him safe, because he was my only hope... and I keep trying to forget him but all in vain...!

• never ever have i.

and I don't ever believe I will.

• Married and no to cheating ever, could never live with myself and the thought sends chills up my spine

• yeah I actually I cheated I think 2 times on my bf. it was soo weird! like I honestly am N0T that type but it just happend.once I was going out with this one guy *jake, and my ex *kyle came to the skatepark where me and jake wer. then jake left to go say hi to sum of his buds.and I was talking to kyle, and all of a sudden we just kissed.it happend just like that..to this day jake doesn't no but that kiss iwth kyle hoenstly meant N0THING.

• Ive never cheated and never will. Its been done to me and it hurts. If there's a need to cheat on someone you might need to think about why you are with them. True love is with the one person you want to spend the rest of your life with not just anyone you can get your hands on.

• i haven't cheated but I have been cheated on it hurt so much because it was random he didn't lie about it he just came out and said it in the hallway at school I dropped all my stuff and walked away I didn't know how to take it he ran after me I felt like exploding but I cryed and he held me tight and wouldent let me go

• I barely cheated once. All I did was kiss someone, but I felt so bad afterwards that all I did was lie around and cry. I never interact with the person again and my girlfriend (i'm gay) doesn't even know it happened. I will never do anything like that again because I remember how much it killed me and it still haunts me to this day.

• I would under no circumstances cheat on anyone intentually. It's downright cruel.

• I'm not currently in a relationship, but I have not cheated on any of my previous bf's.

• i would not cheat,

i have never cheated

and would never cheat, even if I knew I wouldn't get caught..

its just wrong

• since my first crush in elementary school I've never even liked more than one guy at a time I don't understand how someone who has someone who loves them could ever do anything with someone else... single now, been cheated on once, I will never cheat

• I`m super duper against cheating. I could never do it, ever.

• no I wouldn't cheat...and I have never cheated..and no I wouldn't cheat even if I knew I wouldn't get caught I wouldn't be with someone if I wanted to be or do something with someone else

• Simply to say, I have not cheated, and I will not cheat in the future.

Knowing that I hurt the one I love will hurt me also, and I have respect in the person I love and myself that cheating isn't what I would come to do.

• I have not cheated, but have been cheated on

• There is no excuse for cheating. It's hurtful to others, but I've known others who said "I will never cheat on someone", myself included when we were young; and we ended up cheating. This does not justify the action of cheating. I feel horrible for what I did, and I told them right away, but when I look back I think I did it subconsciously because I wanted him to dump me. But because of that whole situation, I learned that I never wanted to be in that position again, or hurt anyone from it. Sometimes it's easy to say one thing and then find yourself facing that situation down the road, that doesn't make you a bad person, it's whether you learn from it or not that counts.

• i believe that some things happen and if they do and someone ends up cheating on there partner then they need to take responability for their actions and tell them. you wouldn't like it if they didn't tell you so don't keep it from them.

and I strongly believe alcohol is no excuse for cheating. if you know alcohol makes you do stuff you will regret then don't drink. or don't be around someone you will do stuff with.

i have cheated before. it was the worst mistake ever and I grew some balls and told them. it took time but the longer it took the more guilty I felt and I believe the worse it made everything. if I would have told him sooner then it wouldn't have been so bad. I ruined a perfectly good relationship and nothing is the same anymore. I take full responabilty.

i have also been cheated on and its the worst feeling ever.

so the lesson is. don't cheat. respect you're partner and you will get respect back and won't be cheated on.

if you really love each other then none of this will happen (:

• Cheating is waste of time because every relationships has their problems. the person someone is cheating wit seem excited because they are not wit you so they seem prefect

• i dated a guy last year who was in a relationship with a girl I knew. we all used to work together.

i knew what I was getting myself into.

my biggest regret last year...he's a douche. and he still continues to cheat. I'm so glad I stopped.

i will never do this again.

he kept leading me on...and deep down I knew he would never leave her.

but I don't know if I should tell her or not. she's a good person and a single mom.

she is too good for him.

and personally. if I was in a committed relationship -- cheating is just out of the question.

• I know I'm going to get a mound of bad comments and I normally don't go anonymous but I really don't feel like dealing with the messages. But, I'm going to call bullsh*t. 84% said they have not cheated. And in the written area almost everyone said they have not and will not ever cheat, pulling moral cards and whatever. Now, I hate cheating, I hate cheaters. I don't condone it. But I'm not going to say I've never done, because I have. I hated myself for doing, but none the less have. There were a couple that talked about doing it and learning from it, I believe them. And I'm sure a few of the others really haven't and possibly won't. But maybe people should think before they start say they absolutely won't ever, because I thought I wouldn't ever do it, until I just did one day. And it wasn't because I had a drop in morals or because I felt any less for my boyfriend at the time, it was unexplainable. I'm just saying don't be so quick to judge, and/or to throw out there that you haven't and never will, if you actually have once and suppress it. It's not fair to yourself and it's not fair to others. Now go ahead hit me with the nasty comments, I'm just being real.

• I so agree with you. NEVER say NEVER. You just never know-thought I'd never cheat. And after 20+ years of marriage, I did. I do think that there is something lacking in the relationship when that happens because I never thought I would cheat. But, my husband was abusive and with 3 kids, its not that easy to walk away. We are in marriage counseling. And, then along comes this guy that I have had a crush on for years. And, it happened. No sex but we kissed. You just never know so don't judge

• @HappyGirl10 - Very cute. Never is 120 years max for a human. If the remaining of my life warps pass me as fast as the last 26 years, I will have no problem NEVER cheating. It's a cute but pointless phrase "never say never", when we both know it was your lack of confidence to leave before cheating, absuive husband or not.

• Good for you Gintrovert & I hope you are successful. Because that was my life goal too--to never cheat. No, the "never say never" wasn't me tying to be cute. Its basically saying "don't judge others because you never know if you will someday fall yourself". You don't know the other person's life circumstances, so its wrong to judge people like that. I was in the "I am 100% sure I will never cheat group" at one time too. I failed but my husband failed me too. We are both equally to blame.

• It doesn't matter if I wouldn't get caught. I would know what I've done, and that's enough. So I would rather end my relationship than cheat and have that on my conscious. There's a reason why I'm in a relationship in the first place. If I think there's something lacking, I would either end it or move on.

• i have cheated on my boyfriend!