Can I break up with my boyfriend through a voice memo?

I'm at the place right now where I want to break up with my boyfriend but I don't know how to do it. I want us to take a step back in our relationship and go back to dating, bc that's what I feel like we're doing. So I don't know if I should go through the dramatics of a phone convo. Also, I don't think I have the guts for one. Sending a text is kind of cold and I can't do that. I figure a voice memo is right in between. What do you GaGers think?

Look guys, if you feel the urge to bash, please skip this post. I've simply ask for opinions on something I considered, not finalized or done, so there's really no need to be unpleasant. Also, my aim with my boyfriend is not to be malicious or shitty. This is going to be hard and I'd be the villain regardless.

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Can you? Yes.

Should you? Absolutely not.

Meet up with him so you can actually talk it through, communication is the most important thing in situations like these.

• I thought maybe a face to face would be best, but I fear he'd talk me out of it.

• If that happens then you aren't communicating properly. Don't think of it as him trying to talk you out of it, just treat it as a discussion where you try to figure out what is wrong with your relationship and is it possible to fix it. I think the shitty part of your attitude is that you aren't actually trying to fix the problem.

• Very true, I don't know that I'm trying to fix it, I just don't feel happy with him anymore. But in all fairness, it'll probably be best to have a face to face. Thanks for your opinion (:

Most Helpful Girl

• You can, but you shouldn't. It's a bit of bitch move. And by the way, you can't tell people to move on to another post after you posted this under a pink anon. Anyone can post their opinions on here. If you can't handle it, then maybe you shouldn't have posted anonymously so you could block people.

If you're aim is to not be malicious and shitty, then a voice memo is not the way to go. Put on your big girl panties and say it to his face.

• You're absolutely right, people have the free will to comment where ever and however they want. That's why I tried to make it more of a suggestion "please skip" rather than "just skip", etc, but I guess it came off sounding like a demand :-/. Also, I went anon bc I get people messaging me with negativity or having an argument quite a bit and I just didn't feel like dealing with it in this specific post. However, I do agree that I just may have to say what I need to his face and see what follows. Thank you for your opinion:)

• Yeah, just say it to his face. You'll feel better if you do it that way, anyway.

What Guys Said 3

• Wow, what an absolutely shitty thing to do. Even *I* wouldn't break up with a girl through voicemail.

• I don't know *you*, so that isn't a good comparison, sir. Also, I asked opinions regarding something I've considered, not finalized.

• well most difficult way but face to face is the genuine act

• True, I just don't want him to talk me out of it lol so I was veering away from face to face..

• well that suggest to me maybe he is either charming or overpowering? either way if you want to split he should listen maybe question but respect that

• Sure, go ahead.

What Girls Said 1

• You *can*. It's a dick move, but you *can*.

There are no good guys in break ups so it's fine.

• That's how I feel, like regardless I'll be the bad guy so why should it matter how I do it, you know? You're right though, it is a dick move.