Is it wrong to date a mutual friend of an ex-boyfriend?

About five months ago, my boyfriend and I broke up. While our relationship had a kind of messy ending, and I was angry with him for awhile, I got over it, and we're now on peaceable terms (even though we don't have much contact anymore). Since then, he has gotten a new girlfriend, and we've both moved on.

However, a couple of months after we broke up, I started to become closer with one of our mutual friends. Recently, we've both admitted to liking each other, and he asked me out on a date a few days ago. I told him I was worried that my ex might be upset if he found out, so we're going to keep it quiet for awhile.

Is it okay to secretly date a mutual friend of my ex-boyfriend (we're not officially in a relationship or anything), or are we both betraying him?

11

What Guys Said 1

• Who cares about your ex you have moved on so has he if you like him do him its not like you are on speaking terms with the ex only problem is you might run into the ex.

What Girls Said 1

• no way!

not in my opinion anyways...

i mean you broke up right?

you guys don't like each other anymore (that you know of)

and it was never established that he didn't want you dating a friend.

you can ask yourself this too...would he do the same thing to you?

If it doesn't feel wrong, then it probably isn't.

AND it's a free country :)

hope I helped!

-Sammi