Is it ever okay to date a friends ex?

Ever since I broke up with my ex 2 years ago, I never thought I would ever love anyone again.
Recently I’ve been texting my friends ex a lot (him and I were friends before they broke up). We have great chemistry and can talk for hours. He sometimes even flirts with me. I’m starting to really like him.
i won’t date him now since the breakup was recent and my friend is still not over him. I’m just wondering if it would be an option a few months down the road.
  • No way
  • Sure. Why not

102110

Most Helpful Guy

• JC, nice, so there it goes again, poaching ex's bro... there goes a perfectly good friendship destroyed by desires that are probably fleeting, you are destroying your friendship with ex, his friendship with the guy who's his friend that you're interested in and eventually both will hate you when it all falls apart, how about just finding someone new? Nah, just go mess up people's lives, drama is fun for women, enjoy! I don't sugar coat anything, like it, don't like it, I don't care, here to help, enjoy!

• I don’t think I’m going to go through with it from all the negative opinions I have received. Thanks for your feedback though

• Yes, just trying to give you a honest response, it will save everyone hurt that everyone will regret when you all get older. Lust last moments, but resentment/regret lasts a lifetime. Cheers.

Most Helpful Girl

• Fuck no. My friend just did that to me (he was my first boyfriend and now she has a thing with him). I’m pretending I don’t care because she’s still my friend and I want her to be happy, but I’m actually still pissed. Even though I am over my ex, I’m still upset because she told me she wouldn’t date him... But whatever, fuck fake friends. We barely talk anymore anyways. I say just ask her and see what she says (keep in mind she might lie because she wants you to be happy)... But if I had to say, I’d tell you not to do that. It’ll hurt her a lot and you may not stay friends. And considering you’re under 18, the relationship probably won’t last anyway, your friendship will. Keep that in mind.

• Just keep in mind you’ll probably be risking losing a friendship. Even when she is over him, it will still make her upset knowing you’re the one dating him... Because whenever she sees you two together she’ll be reminded of the time she spent with him. And whenever she sees you guys hanging out she’ll just be thinking about how YOU are dating HER ex... Really it’s a stupid situation. Honestly, unless you’re 17 or something, the relationship most likely won’t last. And like I already said, friendships last longer than relationships. So if you really feel like it’d go somewhere with this guy, and you really want to risk your friendship/her trust, then go for it. If not, then leave it. You’ll have many more opportunities in the future. Anyway, good luck to you !! xx

• Thanks for the feedback. By the way I’m 16

• No problem ! And ok, just make sure whatever you do both you and your friend are ok with it. If you really think the relationship will last, go for it. Anyway, best of luck !!