Will my ex boyfriend get bored of his rebound and come back or will he stick with her?

Recently my ex moved into University and on the third night he stayed in bed with another girl and ignored me and tried to avoid the fact he stayed with her. He left me after 6 years and blocked me off everything and says nothing is going to happen between them but he finds he good to chill with and doesn't want a relationship with me. He said he won't ever miss me and he wouldn't ever want to get back with me. When he's around her he says he doesn't want anything to do with me but when he's alone he appoligses and says he loves me etc. I haven't spoken to him since but his friends keep posting pictures of them both and stuff. Was just wondering from different opinions why he doing this and what the hell is going through his head?

11