My recent ex-girlfriend has a new boyfriend, what do I do?

My girlfriend of 2 years and I broke up last week. We had started to fight a lot recently and a very similar thing happened at the end of last year with her and I which resulted in us taking a month break from each other. Once the semester had finished up we got back together like both of us had planned. The reason I am writing on here and seeking for your help or some answers is because there was very little explanation given to me from her. She told me she wasn't happy, she was tired of fighting, and that she couldn't do it anymore.

It was unexpected because things had been going great, we just celebrated our 2 year anniversary May 8th, I was prime time in love with her. I bought her a promise ring, and even have made her a scrapbook calendar for our one and two year anniversaries. I tried being the most respectful boyfriend I could possibly be and tried to show her that I really did love her with all my heart.

Like I mentioned above it has been a week since we broke up. After we broke up I tried to talk things out but it was apparent she didn’t want to further contact with me so that’s when I cut off all communication with her. I deleted her off of Facebook, stopped texting and calling her, and asked for my things back. She remained friends on Facebook with my family and friends as did I with her family and friends. As I was browsing through Facebook today I noticed a picture up of her and another guy holding each other closely, it was quite obvious from the unmade bed and the closeness between them that this guy was her new boyfriend. I texted her asking her if she was seeing someone and she responded saying yes I am and you are getting in the way of our relationship. I told her I wish her the best with him and I hoped he could make her happy. I have not called or texted since.

I bought a membership to the gym today and am going to try and focus on myself as best as I can. So the point to my story is I’m lost and I don’t know what to do. I love her with all my heart and would do anything for her which she knows. I can’t stand seeing her with this new guy and I want her back. It has been so soon I feel like I don’t matter to her or never did. I know everyone says that this is just a rebound relationship and I just have to let it play its course but it’s very hard. My friends and family have been questioning me if she is the one for me, I have always that yes she is, but my family disagrees. I am a very emotional, sensitive guy and my ex girlfriend is high maintenance emotionally too so they say that we would never work together. What do I do? Do I try and win her back? If so, how can I, or in other words, some advice please? Can someone that’s an outsider please give me your thoughts. I appreciate anyone who is willing to respond, you really will be helping me. Thank you so much and God bless!

14

Most Helpful Guy

• yeah she might be in a rebound with a guy that she knew for a while.

but its just a girl, don't worry about her. Really.

if you do you'll just waste time not doing the things you enjoy.

my advice to you, don't worry about girls for a good long while.

cuz she's obviously not worrying about you.

So MOVE ON!

trust me

Don't bother trying to win her back, that's just more drama.

you two split for a bunch of reason.

God must have something for you soon.

just remember God has an awesome sense of humor (in my opinion haha long story)

when the time comes, you find an awesome girl that will love you.

• You are right. There is no sense in me fighting for her when she obviously could care less about me. Thank you very much! I really appreciate it.

• Yah man no proplem =D

What Girls Said 1

• I think you should try and move on with your life. I know that it is hard, believe me, but the best thing for you to do is worry about what is best for you. If she is not worried about you, which she most likely isn't, then you shouldn't worry about her. Just like the guys said, whether it's her or someone else you will find a woman who will love and cherish you like the awesome guy you are.

What Guys Said 3

• Sorry to hear about this bud.. I'm in the same place you are, but my ex, as far as I know, isn't with anyone. Bu you do need to focus on yourself. A gym membership has helped me a lot. Its a great way to stay occupied while improving on yourself. I know it hurts, but you need to let her have her life and keep the communication to a minimum... maybe a text a week.. if not longer. Just ask her how her life is going... not about her new date. keep things simple and low key and devote some much needed time to yourself. If it's meant to be, she'll come around and see that you were the one for her.

• I've been there. Heck, I bet just about everyone over 25 has been in this situation.

The best thing you can do at this point (in my opinion, and take that for what it is worth) is what you said you are doing. Focus on yourself for a while. Work to become the person you want to be.

Going and trying to win her back likely won't work, and if it does it probably won't work long term. Give both yourselves time to reflect on the relationship and see if things bring you two back together. Try not to get too worked up over the new guy. With such a short turnaround its hard to believe that this guy is anything but a rebound.

I know you'll hear this all over, but the reason it is so common is because it is true: Whether it is her or not, you'll find the right one at some point.

• ok I feel you, I've been there. I don't think you should go back with her, because she's moving on. Her interested in you probably was really low for 4 to 6 months before she broke up with you, you just fail to pick up the signs. You should stop calling her, if she becomes interested in you shell call you. But I think you should move on, I am going through something much worse. Try to deleted her family and friend from your Facebook and write a list of negative things about her for example she's sleeping with someone else, and when your thinking about her, read it like a 100 times. Hope this help.