Girlfriend Dumped Me Because Of Her Parents. What Can I Do to Keep Her? PLEASE HELP!?

OK so here's the deal guys. I was a senior in college and just recently graduated in 4 years with a job offer that requires me to move 11 hours from my hometown. My girlfriend is also in college and she's about to be a senior also.

We have dated ever since high school with one bump in our relationship my junior year in college where she left me and after 2 weeks of not talking to her slept with one of my ex-friends. After that happened we got back together and been together ever since. She has been closer to me ever since her "mistake" and said that she loves me and wants to be with me forever. I love her too and want to be with her. However, her parents dislike me somewhat because I have a mother who is mentally unstable and freaks out about the littlest things. She has yelled at my girlfriend in front of them and ever since they haven't liked me. I am nothing like my mother. Her family is also well to do as they have a lot of money and my family is considered just a little above upper class. Ever since then we have dated secretly. Today, her little sister who is spoiled beyond disbelief told her mother we were dating and my girlfriend called me and said we couldn't go out anymore. Now her mother didn't forbid and say she couldn't date me but she was really disappointed and sad that my girlfriend was dating me. My girlfriend loves her mother very much and whenever her mom gets sad about something she does, my girlfriend will take her side. So my girlfriend ended up dumping me today. I just don't understand why my girlfriend's parents are so judgmental and why her sister hates me so much because I have never done anything really wrong. They have supported her dating a guy after she broke up with me once who was worse than me as he was caught smoking pot by a drug test. However, his family is pretty wealthy too. I don't know what to do anymore or what actions I should take. What do you think? Please Help!

13

Most Helpful Guy

• Your story sounds like a modern day Rome and Juliet except Juliet listens to her father and dumps Romeo and everyone lives. There's a logical reason why she would want to take her parent's side: dolla, dolla bills yall; Disobedience=out of the will. Like most rich people, they have the snob attitude. So, anyone who is not at the same level as them are looked down upon and categorized as "unsophisticated" or even "ghetto." Her sister is just a bitch and just likes to cause drama;moreover, she probably did it to annoy her sister due to the sibling rivalry syndrome. I think it's just a misunderstanding of the incident with your mother. You are right; your mother's actions and mental stability should not reflect your personality or reputation, but it does. I say you deserve better, and you should move on. If she truly loved you, nothing would stop her from being with you. Unfortunately, she doesn't love you that much. She probably cares about you, but she's not choosing you over her parents. Focus on your work and be patient. You will find that honest, loving Juliet.

What Girls Said 1

• Its sad to hear things like this, and all you can really do is accept it. Sadly to force her to go out with you in secret will only upset her right now. Just if you want you can go ahead and try to keep in contact with her threw text and ect when you move...other then that things are going to be hard. It's going to suck, but if she truly loves you she'll some how will want to manage some way to get with you...just depends on how deep that love really goes. As for her parents, I think they're jerks. Some parents are messed up like that, and favor other people because of wealth. Who knows, maybe they think you're secretly crazy too also...and they think it will run in the family. They could be worried about her more then you think...but I highly doubt that...

What Guys Said 2

• thats a tough one man. I had a girlfriend break up with me because of her parents' wishes too. it just comes down to their relationship with their parents. some won't care what their parents say, they are in love and that's all that matters. unfortunately that doesn't seem to be the case here. she's definently old enough and far enough in her education to make choices like that on her own. and her choosing her parents over you should tell you a lot sadly. that maybe her priorities are elsewhere, or maybe that she wouldn't dare upsetting her parents. from here, all I would do is keep yur chin up bro. a situation like this is going to sting like hell for quite sometime. especially since yur getting that big job after college and moving somewhere new and unfamiliar. take that and run with it, and things should get better for u. remember that yur not alone out there!

• they are protective of her, and they though mistakenyl think that you are like your mum... wealth might be a factor too as they could want her to marry somone who is just as wealthy... but the important questio is what does she want...? does she want to date you? has she told her parents that she really likes you and wants to be with you?