My girlfriend cheated on me and I don't know what to do.

I found out just over a week ago, and I didn't know what to do so I left town for 3 days to go to my parents. When I came back I broke up with her.

The problem is I don't know if I made the right decision. She said all the things you see in the movies about it being a mistake, and she still loves me. We were together for 2 years and 3 months. I can't stop thinking about her either. I definitely still love her and I think about her all the time still. No matter how hard I try to hate her I can't I end up just blaming myself. Asking what I could have done more. I have not talked to her since I broke it off 5 days ago, but it is driving me mad. I don't know what to do. But I do know that I could never trust her again deep down. She said she cheated only once 2 months ago, and I believe her (I think) however she was still hanging out with the guy that she cheated on me with. Any advice? I don't even know if I should email or call or anything.

30

Most Helpful Girl

• I definitely believe you made the right decision. Leaving someone which you were together with for 2 years and 3 months is not an easy thing to do, and I acknowledge that. However, I cannot position myself to understand why someone would willingly disrespect and degrade another so greatly by cheating- I use the word willingly as it was ultimately a choice, these things do not just happen.

Advice- Do not email, call or anything. You deserve better.

• I guess the follow up question is how can I stop thinking about her.

• With time you'll eventually realise that she is not worth it. Until then, keep yourself occupied.Go out- surround yourself with people whose company you enjoy rather than staying home and dwelling.

A rebound, even.

• Heh I don't think I could possibly go for a rebound right now. but thanks for your answer. I appreciate it.

What Girls Said 2

• a few questions -

did she confess to you, or did you find out she cheated?

was she drunk?

was it kissing, oral, or sex?

was it more than once?

i made a mistake like this with my bf, so I can try to give you the girls perspective if some of these answers are similar to my situation.

• I found out she cheated. Then we talked and she confessed. Sex.

• break up with that tramp! stop blaming yourself she cheated because she chose to be unfaithful, don't blame yourself. it sounds like you have low self esteem or something...dont let her play you like a chump!

What Guys Said 0