Delayed heartbreak....weird phenomenon

I have had an issue with "delayed heartbreak". I get dumped and I'm certainly not happy right away but I feel like I'm going to rebound quickly. I don't rebound and my heartbreak intensifies a few weeks later when the reality finally dawns a person is out of my life.

Is this strange? Most people get upset right in the beginning but eventually move on. I kid myself that "this is just a joke and she'll come right back" but she doesn't.

41

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean every person has their own way of dealing with heartbreak you know?

but things happen for a reason I wouldn't rebound at all because your heart is still broken from the heartbreak just take it one day at a time and let your heart heal mine took 3 years to heal it still wince at the fact when I think about him but I am with a much better guy now and he takes all my pain away, just give it time I promise you will feel better!

What Girls Said 3

• It is called emotional shock. It is a really normal response because your body can not cope with the trauma of the shock at the time and needs to process it.

It is not strange.

• that's what happened with me, but it was the opposite. the guy just broke up with a long-time girlfriend and rebounded with me and we were together for like a few months and then he realized he missed her and he broke up with me and tried chasing her again... I'd say don't get a rebound because it just hurts people unnecessarily and I'm here bleeding while he's back with his gf.

But as to delayed heartbreak... I think that's pretty normal.

• thanks, well I got back together with the same girl for a few weeks and she left me again. First time shame on you, 2nd time shame on me. I heard that she just got married.

My infatuation with this chic was not normal. It was some sort of self esteem issue I had. This is extra weak for male (usually known as a female problem). Anyway I believe in Karma. Either this happened to me for something I did, something will bad happen to her in the future or something better will happen to me.

• Not strange at all. Everyone reacts differently.

What Guys Said 1

• Yeah I have experienced that myself. When my ex girlfriend cheated on me and said she was going to be with another guy it didn't really have an effect on me and I thought to myself wow this isn't as bad as I thought it would be.It felt like it was just a dream. But a few days latter that's when it hit me and I just broke down at work and it lasted for quite a while after that. But its getting better now.