Delayed heartbreak....weird phenomenon

I have had an issue with "delayed heartbreak". I get dumped and I'm certainly not happy right away but I feel like I'm going to rebound quickly. I don't rebound and my heartbreak intensifies a few weeks later when the reality finally dawns a person is out of my life.

Is this strange? Most people get upset right in the beginning but eventually move on. I kid myself that "this is just a joke and she'll come right back" but she doesn't.

51

Most Helpful Girl

• I mean every person has their own way of dealing with heartbreak you know?

but things happen for a reason I wouldn't rebound at all because your heart is still broken from the heartbreak just take it one day at a time and let your heart heal mine took 3 years to heal it still wince at the fact when I think about him but I am with a much better guy now and he takes all my pain away, just give it time I promise you will feel better!

What Girls Said 4

• You're in denial, that is a pretty normal reaction, some people deal with a break up the same way they deal with someone close to them dying, they deny deny deny that it's happened because you almost subconsciously do not want to feel the impact of losing them.

• It is called emotional shock. It is a really normal response because your body can not cope with the trauma of the shock at the time and needs to process it.

It is not strange.

• that's what happened with me, but it was the opposite. the guy just broke up with a long-time girlfriend and rebounded with me and we were together for like a few months and then he realized he missed her and he broke up with me and tried chasing her again... I'd say don't get a rebound because it just hurts people unnecessarily and I'm here bleeding while he's back with his gf.

But as to delayed heartbreak... I think that's pretty normal.

• thanks, well I got back together with the same girl for a few weeks and she left me again. First time shame on you, 2nd time shame on me. I heard that she just got married.

My infatuation with this chic was not normal. It was some sort of self esteem issue I had. This is extra weak for male (usually known as a female problem). Anyway I believe in Karma. Either this happened to me for something I did, something will bad happen to her in the future or something better will happen to me.

• Not strange at all. Everyone reacts differently.

What Guys Said 1

• Yeah I have experienced that myself. When my ex girlfriend cheated on me and said she was going to be with another guy it didn't really have an effect on me and I thought to myself wow this isn't as bad as I thought it would be.It felt like it was just a dream. But a few days latter that's when it hit me and I just broke down at work and it lasted for quite a while after that. But its getting better now.