What would you do if you bumped into an ex?

Watch the Full link

https://youtu.be/TnJOvvlGJrU

I'd walk on and not look back What would you do if you bumped into an ex ???

88135

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I ran in to an ex while with my husband at a sporting event - twenty years later. I heard him calling my name - and because my name is unusual, it was pretty apparent someone was calling me.

There he was, drunk, with his new woman. It was such an embarrassment. He smelled bad and looked bad - and I was a bit self conscious that my husband was going to look at me and wonder what I saw in him. He kept shaking my husband's hand, telling him he was a lucky man. It was awful.

What Guys Said 134

• That first video was pretty important to note about relationships. I think a lot of my relationships, especially the ones that ended abruptly or were hot and cold, was because of that gap in the communication. Also, we never really got deeper into our feelings or shared our goals or deeper feelings with one another.

I've reflected on my past relationships. Yeah some have been where I got fucked over, or where I fucked over the other person. But as well, I believe that it isn't always because of a fault of one person or the other, it could be that the timing of the relationship wasn't correct, in that, one person's view of what they wanted and what type of relationship they wanted or was ready for, wasn't the same as the other person or didn't develop as fast or as smoothly. Also, we tend to judge the next relationship by comparing the past ones. Which isn't right either. Gaining insight into our past relationships is great, but I believe that we have to go into new ones with an open heart and an accepting mind, instead of walls, and perceptions that things will happen this way because this is the way it went before with my last relationship. You're just destroying the relationship before it even has a chance to start.

• it would depend on the ex. most of my ex's i'm on good terms with if not friends.
    however,
    -one i would totally ignore. maybe give an obligatory hi but that would be it
    -another would probably not be happy to see me since she didn't like that i broke up with her.

• Depends on how good or bad the terms were when we broke up. I'd probably say "hey, how are you," or "how are you doing" if the breakup was mutual and fairly decent. If it was bad and fairly negative, I'd just glance at her quickly and continue to walk past or ignore her altogether after noticing her in my peripheral

• I'd probably hug them around the neck. My exe is still one of my best friends and we don't get to see each other often... I suppose it doesn't really count as I don't really consider her my exe (as the term exe tends to go with many negative connotations). She's my mer (short for forMER). Anyways... yeah I love her, she's awesome :)

• The first girl I dated said this a lot. It was cute at first, but when the relationship was souring, I just outright told her, "If I could go the rest of my life without meeting a girl like you, it would be a happier one."

With that said, I never got attached to any individual girl to the point where I'm sad that I bumped into them. Very casual experience for me, even when I bumped into my first ex girlfriend.

• I never watched the video.. I'm. Friends with my exes and hang out with my kids their kids their new husbands and my new girlfriend... why not get along... We aren't in love anymore... Unless you secretly love each other then you shouldn't have broken up. Then you're just childish and you need to work on your relationship.. Lol

• say hi
    try to be nice just as I would with anyone else.
    wish them luck and get back to whatever I was doing

• You're an adult, you shared feelings, made memories, had sex, and that all came from humble beginings. It hurts, it may have ended due to horrible reasons, but instead of focusing on the pain. Focus on the idea of what you became because of the experience.

• Depends on exactly what I am doing/where I meet them. Most likely would just give them a quick "Hi" and then carry on with my day.

• if it ended badly, i'd punch her teeth out. if it ended on a good note, i'd still punch her teeth out because it's fun. sorry!

• I'm in my first relationship but if I did I'd just treat them like how I treat everyone I know; smile, a little catch-up and then take off unless she cheated or I'm still getting over her I'd ignore her or just smile and walk past

• Continue Mission. I wouldn't hide, I wouldn't run, if she tried to talk to me I'd just tell her to go kick rocks and continue with what I was doing.

• I don't carry a bag animosity with me. Things didn't work, we don't date anymore, but would be polite or funny.

• I actually was friends with my ex so I wouldn't be tok torn about it, I'd ask how things have been and how her guy was, ask if any time they wanted to swing by they could

• I’m sorry, but no…I will not watch the full link. I see them hugging, and that’s just not what would happened.
    My first ex…god, I hope I will never bump in her. That would be very unpleasant. I wouldn’t recognize her anyway. The remaining 2…well, we are long distance “friends”, so…I guess it works better.

• Say a polite greeting and move on.

I run into one ex girlfriend a couple times a week, we say a polite greeting and go about our business.

I also seem to run into the ex wife every few months, I have stopped greeting her politely as she does not answer and for some reason she looks embarrassed when she sees me.

• Depends on the ex. If it's the first one I'd fall apart if she hugged me I don't think I'd be able to let her go.
    if it's any of the others other then my last one I'd talk to them for a bit and then keep on going.
    if it's my last ex... I'd probably tell the bitch off. I wouldn't touch her but she'll definitely have an ear full

• Contact my attorney. Again lol

• It depends if she saw me, if she didn't then I'll proceed as if I didn't see her but if we saw each other then I would talk to her with a smile but I would nip anything in the bud if she tried to reconnect.

• depends on the ex

• I think it's petty to say "that's the point", when most of the time they only say that because they're hurting and if nothing else wanting to hurt you in that moment.

• she doesn't even want to look at me
    and sad thing for her is her best friend is like my little sis
    also whenever she'd see me and my girlfriend together she'd leave the area xD

• Be the bigger person and just smile, and keep walking. I don't owe her anything else. If she says hi, and wants to start up a conversation, just say hi and walk away. If she glares me down, just smile and walk. Easy.

• I don't have an ex..

• id say hi or something but wouldn't stand there to catch up or anything, theyr an ex for a reason

• It's not worth it to stay on bad terms. Treat him/her at least as good as you'd treat an acquaintance. It's more about showing yourself what kind of person you are.

• I would say all loud "what a coincidence!!" And walk away laughing a little

• If I find my X on the street then I will use algebra to find Y.

• Looks the other way like I'm looking at something far off in the distance trying to hide my face hoping they don't see me. Or just fake invisible.

• if you mean literally bump into them, then I would apologise, say hi, then walk away. if just happen to see them at a store? ignore them, pretend I didn't see them and carry about my day

• More from Guys
    104

What Girls Said 87

• Deoends because if he was the one trying hard to get me back and loved you then talk to him and at least appriciate he loved you but if he is the one to mess around then its your show time ti show him you are happier without him 👋

• Depends upon who I'm also counting people I've slept with as exs despite actual relationship status. There's been some I've ignored some I've hooked up with upon running into each other others i wouldn't mind catching up with and some that remain friends.
    I ran into one recently and we avoided each other. Not knowing that we now live in the same city (not a city either of us is from nor where I knew him years ago) I accidently walked into his work to make a large purchase. I didn't acknowledge him because I didn't want him to out my high income. He didn't acknowledge me and I assume so I didn't out his criminal record lol.
    Others well we keep in contact so it wouldn't be a big deal. There's one I still have dinner with on the anniversary of us meeting but I'd have to be careful running into him as his current girlfriend has banned coomunication with me (obviously not something he actually follows).

• depends if I am over them. lol either way, I want them to see me at my best always and make them say damnnnn, you looking good womannnn. lol If i am not over them and they with their current beau, I'll duck and try to avoid them as much as possible. but if they saw me first, well I will say hey how are you and small talk then bounce. If i am over them, I'll be normal lol. heck we could even grab coffee or some shit like friends.

• Depends how the breakup went, but normally I wouldn't go out of my way to talk to him. If we made eye contact or he came to me or we were in some other situation where talking was a nessecity, I'd just treat him like an acquaintance or a friend who I wasn't very close with.

• I have bumped into him before and we did the whole catching up thing, just like any friend I haven't seen in a while. He asked me to hang out with him later over coffee or something and really talk as we hadn't when we broke up or after, but I told him I didn't want that. I really just want to ask him how he was so cruel to me when we were together though.

• Well me and my ex have the same friends so 2 months after we broke up we saw eachother with friends ofc.. we didn't exchange any words but before Ieft he gave me this long and lingering hug and well.. I don't know what that meant but it did mean something

• casually say hi and catch up!

i think it's quite cool when exes become friends like really just friends... and nothing more !

like... it's over, we didn't work out, but i still acknowledge and value you as a human being / friend (unless the break up was really bad and toxic :') )

• I remember about this one ex, he's 2 years younger than me and one of the reason why I broke up with him is because he was always acting like a child. His last words were "You'll regret it when I get older and get mature." I laughed when he told me that. Later I bumped into him he said he missed me. I laughed again, patted his shoulder and walked away.

• It depends on a lot of variables: the length of the relationship, if the break up was recent or not, if it ended well or not. But I think for the most part, I would just greet him, have the smallest small talk possible and leave right away because it would be awkward for me, but that's just me.

• Hm- Nothing as i bump into him often we share a dog together LOL. But if it was my other ex, I would probably say Hi and move on with my day.

• Depends on which one it is. The one that I almost married? If I had a drink, I would throw it.

My grad school boyfriend? I would take him for dim sum.

• "Hi, nice to see you, you look great, take care, bye." or something like that.

• I actually bump into my ex all the time. He may walk on the other side of the street and then he just yells my name and crosses the road just to come and talk to me. I would like to just walk past but it seems impossible.

• The first time I saw him out in public was when I was walking out of a party and he was walking in.. I felt like I saw a ghost and probably looked like I saw one too, I kept my head down and kept walking. That was like 4 months ago, I realized that made me look weak so the next time I saw him ( a week ago) at a music festival I went up and said "hi!" And hugged his friends, he couldn't even look me in the eye:) felt great

• If it's an EX then there is a reason (s) why he is an EX. Personally, I wouldn't reopen any chapters to feel anything again. So, on bumping into an EX I would just say HI like the way would say to any acquaintance. 😇 💕

• What would I do or what would my boyfriend do? LOL

That loser abused me for the longest. My boyfriend wouldn't allow that dude to be seen by me without an ass whooping.

• be friendly. life is too short to be a bitch all the time.

• I bumped into two of my exes. I didn't say anything. I wouldn't even say hello. No point really

• I almost cried, ALMOST. And it'd probably be awkward too, but I wouldn't want him back, the bad outwages the good things

• meh probably nothing, just walk by them. It happened once before, but he wasn't a ex.. just someone i use i spent time with over the summer.

• I doubt I would even acknowledge him.

• I will say fuck off left hand, right hand was always here for me and you betrayed me, I can't write with you, can't eat, can't paint, find somebody else to waste their time

• probably catch up and hang out if possible. i harbor no ill will.

• Walk past them with a smile on my face like they weren't even there.

• I pretend I didn't notice them and keep looking forward

• Keep walking like I ain't see him

• Freak the fuk out. Hide. 😖😣

• Found my ex on FB after being split up for 15+ years. We have remained friends for more then a year now.

• Basically this

• Pretend I haven't seen him. But I don't have an ex

• More from Girls
    57