I have contact with my ex everyday?

I have had an on and off relationship with my ex girlfriend for 5 years now. The main reason we've broken up, was due to my being too selfish in the relationship, and I agree at the time I was.

However, I have worked on my selfishness and starting making other people and things more important than me, including my ex girlfriend.

I've told her that I want to get back together, but she continues to tell me that we're just friends and that's what she wants.

What confuses me about this is, she sends me a good morning, and good night text every day. She calls me at least twice a day as well, and we still hang out 4-5 times a week, and she's the one who usually initiates it.

If she doesn't want to get back together then why does she talk to me so much? Is there any chance that she's just wanting to see if the changes are real, before she's ready to commit back?

I really want to give us another chance, and I'm just confused by her actions.

61

Most Helpful Girl

• This is a weird situation. The only thing I can think of is, why buy the milk when you can get the cow for free? Meaning you guys are basically acting like a couple, hanging out, texting, talking- but she refuses to "commit" to you. I know its hard, and I'm sort of in the same situation with my ex, but you have to make a decision on whether you want to continue with this situation. It is going to , if not already has, put a severe emotional drain on you. Do you really want to live like thisday by day? I know you love her, but I don't think she is going to change her mind. I'd cut off ties with her and not answer her calls or hang out with her. Let her see what she is missing. The great thing about this is you are YOUNG. You will meet someone else eventually , someone who will treat you right. This girl is not.

What Girls Said 5

• i would say she's trying to test out the waters and see if she is comfortable with you and still has feelings with you, this definitely shows she cares because it does seem like she is trying to reconnect but if you have hurt her in the past she might not want to open back up to you right away until she is sure that you have changed and she's ready so if you really care about her I would show her that you want to hang out with her too and that you respect her taking her time.

• I am in the same exact situation. I say, just roll with the flow if you love her. If you guys aren't meant to be, then time will certainly tell. Just go with it for now, and don't try to move on too fast. There could be something still there, and may be a chance. Just need to take it slow.

• I think you should take it easy on talking to her everyday...

take a bit of a break... very weird situation...

• shes trying to see # one if your ready and # 2 if you are willing to wait for her so there is a big chance that you 2 will be getting back together hope it works out for you 2!

• Omg, what you are going through is almost like my situation the only two differences being is that I have not mentioned to him about getting back together as the time is not right yetto ask and secondly I am the one who texts him but it is not always a good morning or night text. I am the one doing the talking and ringing him etc. I know for now he only wants friendship and that I am willing to accept but he has made me think that he might want to try again but I don't want to ruin anything I have now by saying something when the time is not right. We are meeting up soon for the first time in a long time and I don't know how that is going to go.

With regards to yourself and your situation, it would seem to me that all she is interested in is friendship with you and the fact that she is sending you those texts is something that she is used to doing and is comfortable with that. But if you don't reply to those texts, then she will soon stop that and she will get the message. She does want you as a friend, but please mind the 'friends with benefits' as it is not a relationship and could end up hurting you or her.

What Guys Said 1

• You're like a safety blanket for her. You've been very close for 5 years, she doesn't want to just rip you out of her life instantly.

If I were you I'd probably draw a line in the sand. Either there's hope for you two to get back together or you need to start separating yourself from her because it's not fair to you or her to have this continuous contact if nothing is going to happen.