Not ready for a relationship?

I'v been friends with this guys for months but for the last 2 months you've grow closer. We cuddled watching movie, hold hands while he drives, kisses, had sex.. but last night he told me: "Before this gets to far I just want to say that I am still not ready for a relationship. I'd like to be with you but I feel like I am not ready yet. (He broke up with his girlfriend 4 months ago) I still can't trust anyone, and I am starting to over think and doupt" I know that he likes me, its pretty clear by the way he act... should I wait for him or move one?

• Wait for him
  • Move on
He told me to trust him that i will know when the time comes that he is ready
Almost 2 weeks now without any news from him 😔
He texted me drunk last night saying that he miss me and that he like me but that he is scared af to be in a relationship. That I seems to be the best girlfriend and that he wish he could be more stable. That he is sorry

84

Most Helpful Guy

• It’s a ploy to make you think he’ll want you at some point in the future which never happens. It’s so you’ll keep fucking him for free with no commitment. The fact is it’s you personally he isn’t ready for and never will be. What do you think of him now?

Most Helpful Girl

• Sorry to say, definitely not good idea to have sex with your friend especially if you anticipated a relationship out of it. From your description, I am sensing that He is feeling guilty for having sex with you while knowing that you do want a relationship out of it. "he is not ready yet" so he used his "trust" issues when he already had sex with you to justify himself to not being in a relationship because he might be "free ranging" himself. Your gut is telling you something. It is what it is, unless you do something about it to make him realize that you are worth it.

• I tought we were together since he refers me has his girlfriend while hanging out with his friends

What Guys Said 3

• You can wait if you are ok with the risks you're about to confront.

• He got the sex he was after, now he wants to move on. Screw that guy. You were used as a rebound.

• Give it Time I've been there before I really hope itwlrkd out you deserve to be happy

What Girls Said 7

• He at least was honest with you but it is up to you. Its too bad you had sex with him early because things can now turn into friends with benefits and those end bad for the girl most of the time. Go with your gut instinct. Ask yourself if he is being sincere/is he worth it?

• I think he is worth it, he doesn't seems like all the other guys

• Hopefully he is. Why is he worth it? Put yourself first. Good luck

• Communicate. Be straightforward. You can't keep waiting for him your whole life. Let him know that. If he still wants time (unless he has a justified reason... anyways it's your wish to take that reason into consideration because it might be true or bullshit) after knowing that you are thinking to move on then you should let him go because he is just wasting your time.

• that exactly what happened with me with my ex. Exactly like that. He said that the timing wasn't right for us. But, timing won't matter if he's really into you, he'll make it work.

If you're really into him though, I watched a video about this from Matthew Hussey (a great guy imo).

youtu. be/2Jt8jZf2Fpk

Hope it helps :)

• yeah.. i still think you need to move on and find another guy. He doesn't seemed that he knows what he wants right now. Because believe me, when a guy wants you, they will make you theirs. He saying that he can't br in a relationship means that he still put himself first, and nothing you can say or do can change that.

I know it's hard, I've been there. Broke up with my ex because of that. I couldn't understand too back then, if he likes me, if I'm the perfect girlfriend for him, why can't we be together? But I learned that now. You can't force someone to be with you. Now I'm gonna say one of the most cliche advices, but it is the truth.

Move on, leave him and live your own life. If you are meant to be together, you'll find each other again.

• Move on. Why the hell would someone say this after sleeping with them? Seems like he just wanted his fix or a rebound.

• Thats what I told him, but he says no that he would like to be with me but that he is scared

• Move on. He needs to work on his own issues. You need to find someone who gives 100% to you just as you give 100% of yourself to them.

• Move on

• If you think he’s worth it you should wait it out. If not and you see red flags don’t be wasting your time.