My girlfriend always pretends to CHEAT! What's up with that?

Every time I ask how she's doing maybe once over a text, she responds with..."oh you know...hanging out with a few black men" At first it was funny and I went along with it...but recently she's just been saying that! only after a couple more texts will she start talking about something else! What is going on, I know she doesn't mean it because her parents are home with her (its a weekend) and I know she is not into that sort of thing, we've talked for hours every day on skype and I know that she wants to wait at least until sophomore year college to lose her virginity...so I don't think she's cheating! But it really bothers me..SO HOW can I confront her about it without sounding...too angry or obsessive?!?

22

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol is it the "men" that bothers you or the "black men"?

• For me that would be the men part but I didn't ask so yeah

• Lol well I'm glad. I just like to clarify. It's curious how many men seem to have a problem with the black part. Racism or insecurity? Who knows.

What Girls Said 1

• Next time she does it just say "hey babe, it bugs me when you do that. Can you just give me an honest answer?" Don't be too harsh or make her feel attacked but don't beat around the bush or she won't get the message. If she continues doing it after that just say something like "I thought we talked about that...". If she really cares for you she'll probably stop.

What Guys Said 2

• Sit down with her and be honest. Say it makes you feel uncomfortable and you want her to stop.

• This is a dude, she only does this to seek your reaction, it's a shit test to see how you'll react. She wants to see if you'll get jealous or not. My girlfriend tries to do it to me as well, but I just do it back to her. Don't take it so seriously, if she really was with a bunch of black men, do you think she would tell you, probably not. Just keep playing along with it, in fact flip the table on her, say your with your sisters friends or something. At first she might say "your not with them" but just keep reinforcing that you are. Win the battle, scare her like she is scaring you, take back the torch. Go to parties without her, go hang out with other girls without her, have her feeling that you could leave her at any moment, that you don't NEED her. It's hard at first but keep cracking at it and then you'll be the one in control soon enough.