I like my ex boyfriends best friend...help! :(

My ex and I broke up 4 months ago and in the mean time he's already met a new girl and has been hanging out with her and stuff. They arnt a official couple or anything and he still doesn't know if he is even going to get in a relationship with her.

Anyways...during that time I've been hanging out with his best friend a lot...who is also one of my best friends too (we were all roommates before). Anyways...we have been flirting a lot and spending time together...ive developed a crush on him now. All my friends say he likes me but I just don't know yet. He has not told me.

While he's been away for work for the past few weeks, he tells me he misses me and that I'm cute and we talk almost everyday. He's back in town now and I don't know what to do...I have not seen him yet...but of course he wants to hang out soon. I feel like this is a bad thing because he is my ex boyfriends best friend...BUT he's also one of my best friends too.

My ex did tell me I can date anyone I want to...and he did move onto another girl about a month after we broke up (we were together for years and engaged too!). That kind of hurt me to see him moving on quickly.

But now I'm over him and I can't stop thinking about the friend...hes so sweet to me.

Should I pursue this or not? Help!

• Yes, go for it! =)
  • No...its not a good idea =(
Select a gender to cast your vote:
Even when my ex said that I'm allowed to date him if I want? My ex seems to show he doesn't care too much about it. But I'm no mind reader...

24

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 3

• I think it's gonna be a bad idea and if you guys do go through with it then be prepared because some one is gonna get burned badly.

• I know....I don't want to hurt anyone! Its best to just not pursue it and not flirt with him anymore. Sad really, because there is so much potential...oh well I guess. =(

• Well are you even sure he likes you? because some people do flirt just to flirt... and if he feels the same way as you do then you two need to sit down and talk...be if you two decided to go through with it then be prepared to loose a friend.

• I wouldn't go for it, it could land you in a world of problems.

• Never a good idea. Ever. You are just going to look like you're starting things too. Don't ever go for an ex's friend in any capacity.

• Don't take the bait. It will backfire on you.

What Girls Said 2

• its not a good idea. its obviously not much of an issue that your friends. but it would cause a lot of trouble if your more then friends. especially because you were engaged to the guy.

• My ex barely cares about me anymore though. We barely ever talk or see each other. And he already has a new girl...

• It might get ugly if you force him to choose between you and your ex.

• I would never force him to choose! I'm not that kind of person. As much as it would hurt me I would still make him choose his buddy...friends are forever!