The father of my unborn child has a new girlfriend, do I have the right to be upset?

I’m 6 months pregnant with my ex of over a year. He has been neglecting me and didn’t acknowledge the fact that I’m pregnant for months. Now he’s back because I called his work (NAVY). I’m incredibly hurt and he caused me my health and the baby’s health from the emotional distress they gave me. I’m not sure if our baby will even make it now. Is this a good enough reason to complain to his work about?

62125

Most Helpful Guys

• "My boyfriend broke up with me, please fire him." No. No it's not a good reason. *sigh*

You have to own up to your responsibilities, now. You chose the wrong guy, now you're on your own. Be strong, for the baby, and find some way to manage your stress sufficiently. He has no legal obligation to stay with you. He has a legal obligation to give you money.

• This is between you and him, not his job, not the courts, and most likely not this new girl either. I am sickened by those who offer simple fixes, especially with the courts, this is a complex issue and needs a ton more information and his side of the story before any solutions can be even considered let alone acted on. Court isn't fair anymore, they rarely know the full context and focus on punishing the man more than caring for the child or justice.

You leave little context, but I'll try to work around it. Your actions were most likely out of line, calling his job will cause resentment, hostility, and could land him in huge trouble or make you look like a vengeful and unfit mother (not good optics). This is between you, him, and maybe the other girl but that's a different issue. Get no one else involved if possible, if you make any wrong moves that could reflect poorly on your capacity to care for the child (consider your optics).

Your right to be upset depends on two things, when and why did you get pregnant, and why did you break up. This is why having a baby out of wedlock is not good, it creates friction and drama. If he dumped you for no good reason then you can be upset he left, but not that he has someone new. On the other hand if you left or it was mutual then you need to stop getting involved.

How is there neglect? Was this from careless sex, or mutual desire? Has he offered to care for the child in any way? Did you ask him to care for it? When did this happen compared to the break up. Why can't you support yourself since the child is unborn? In what way did he cost your health, and further more how did he tax the child's health? How do you even know about his new girl? I'm not making accusations, these are some of the questions that must be answered before any advice is valid.

You both screwed up and now you both need to find a way to ensure this child is cared for. Your child needs food, shelter, and for best development one father figure and one mother figure. Not drama, or a split home. You have autonomy, freedom and power mean responsibility, and unless he has actually victimized you then you share the blame too. Get a plan to care for your kid, you both owe that much.

You need to act rationally, your feelings are not important. Facts, context and your child's future matter, your emotions like his are tied for last place. Find a 3rd party who is familiar with this incident (so not a court) to help if you and he cannot work this out.

Most Helpful Girls

• You can be upset, but you have no right at all to try and make trouble for him at his job or expect anything more than child support after your baby arrives.
    He was your ex, not your committed boyfriend or husband and you have chosen to keep this baby knowing that. I understand it’s not the ideal situation, but it is one you have chosen to remain in and that responsibility lies only with you now. You need to start focusing on your child and preparing for that rather than what he’s doing and with who - because he is none of your business anymore.

• Lol take some responsibility. He is your ex. He has to pay child support and that's it. He doesn't have to stick around. Be more careful next time. He won't give you a beachy velvet wedding because you got pregnant.

• It's good to see that in yours long, ancient 17 years on this planet you've got it all figured out.