I miss intimacy with my ex. Is this normal?

It's been two weeks since we broke up. I cried and grieved and got over it. I don't want to be with him, I realized I was only in love with the IDEA of what I hoped he would be. He didn't treat me bad per se, but he was very immature, leading me on for months not knowing what he wants. So we kind of mutually broke up.
I don't miss him (as in him as person, as boyfriend, as relationship) but I today I started miss intimacy with him. I was fine this whole time, I really thought I'm completely over him, but yeah today kinda sucks and I don't know why. All I think about his being in his arms, kissing and hugging. I wish we could do that right now so badly! I don't want sex, just intimacy, with not a word spoken.

316

Most Helpful Guys

• What you're feeling is completely normal! Many of us like that feeling of physical intimacy; the warmth and love that comes from giving your significant other a comforting hug, kissing their cheeks/lips, cuddling with them and such! When you lose those feelings of intimacy, it can make you feel lonely and depressed, wishing you could have those feelings back. We as people of social beings don't like being alone and plenty of us want to give our affection and love to someone we really love and care about as we'd want to have those feelings returned to us the same way!

It's ok if you feel this for a while; it just shows how much you've loved being in a relationship and wanting to bond with your significant other through acts of physical intimacy! I hope you'll find someone who'll treat you with great care and love so you'll never have to worry about another break-up again, along with having those moments of physical intimacy with your significant other for the rest of your life!

• Of course it's normal. Intimacy releases a lot of very positive and potent chemicals and hormones that make us feel good and makes it all feel right.

When you suddenly then lack that, you're going to miss it. Being with friends, comfort foods - these are things that will give you some of those good feelings, but not quite the same.

Make sure the next one is a keeper and you'll never have to miss those feelings again.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don’t think it’s bad, and it normal. You might not miss that person, but you just miss having someone to cuddle and kiss and all of that stuff. I get it.