Why is it so easy for some girls just to move on?

I was only with my ex for a few months when we broke up, because he left me for his ex, it really hurt. It has been 3 days since we last contacted each other and I am starting to miss him. But I have decided not to contact him again and to move on.

Just yesterday a friend of mine was dumped by her boyfriend and she was "heart broken" (crying and stuff) and then today she has her sights set on a new guy. How come it is so easy for some girls just to move on to the next guy? In some way I wish I was more like that.

52

Most Helpful Girl

• Maybe your friend was hurt more in the ego (because he dumped her) but not so much in the heart. Therefore finding another guy the next day was completely normal to her. Where as you were hurt more in the heart side of things. Chin up, that guy is a jerk he doesn't even know what he wants that's why he goes back and forth!

What Guys Said 2

• It's because girls always have guys waiting in the wings whether they want to admit it or not, and some girls have more options than others. You know who they are, the guys that flirt with you, try to spend time with you, and has had crushes on you for a while. Girls are just choosy about which guy to pick. Guys on the other hand don't have that luxury. Guys most of the time make the approach, get rejected, don't have girls chasing us unless he has some type of fame, and many guys don't get over a girl or girls easily unless they have a strong will. Girls have more options when it comes to moving on, many just fail to see it. There is no reason for anyone to put their life on hold.

• Well only sluts get that kind of mentality. It's like, you lose one the next day you get another one. You don't wanna be in that kind of list of girls. Do you?

What Girls Said 4

• That just means you're a really emotional and passionate person. You have a big heart and it just won't take one day for you to get over someone that you cared for. Don't worry. It might hurt worse one day, but it because the love might be strong then your last relationship. I'm the same way. It takes me about a week to get over a guy. Don't worry, you're normal and perfectly fine the way you are (=

--xoxo, Little Foot?

• well sometimes I have felt so hurt and then "appear" as if I have moved on..truthfully I'm the kind of person that can hide my feelings ..(most of the time)

if you are hurt what you need to do is keep your mind busy.. the more things you keep yourself occupied with, the less time you have to think about the guy..

sometimes you may feel hurt but not so much because of who it was but because of how the brake-up went ...like because of the fact that he as a jerk-off and decided to try it out with his ex...(but really the ex here is dumb 1 for taking him back)

really I just think your friend is pretending to not be hurt cus I bet if her ex would show up with another girl she would try to make him jealous...

it's like if were to dig up a hole and then trying cover it back up again..but you notice that hole is noticeable no matter how much dirt you try to pile up on it...i think that is what she is trying to do (she is covering up that "hole" with another guy)

the only way she would move on so fast is if she is really careless...and worried just about the fact the she was dumped ...like she wanted to be the one to dumped ...and it hit her out of nowhere..and faced reality and she was the one dumped

• I think sometimes when a relationship comes to an end, one person has been ready for that for a long time, while the other person has a worse time coping. If you are in a relationship that is not going anywhere but it takes a long time to end it, than the one miserable person can already be over it pre-breakup so when it's over, it just doesn't effect them because they knew that it was over a long time ago. Of course the first day will be hard, but people move on, some much faster than others.

• it all depends on the relationship really. I always ask myself "why would you want to be with someone that doesn't want to be with you" or "why should I miss someone that doesn't want to see me" and I snap out of it and move on.