Why did you ghost your girlfriend/boyfriend? And for people who have been ghosted, how can you get over it and move on?

So easy.. I've been ghosted by my 1.5year boyfriend. No signs, no texts, no explanation... It hurts and I still wonder why.. (almost a month without contact, although he said 'this is not a break' before ghosting)

I want to ask you:

If you ever ghosted someone, why did you do it?

If you have been ghosted, what did you do to get over and move on?

--- I try not to find the reasons anymore, try to think that good person will not do this to me instead --- but it doesn't work as much as I expected.. so I to know how could you get over it

Why did you ghost or how did you move on from ghosting?

88

Most Helpful Guy

• I doubt you really wonder why. When there's a failure in the relationship it's no mystery, so trying to explain it further becomes pointless. No, if it's done then just move on. More discussion won't fix it.

• Yes I wondered why. But now I dont want anything from him anymore.. he ghosted me so it seems like he's dead.. so it doesn't make sense try to talk to the dead one :)
      I'm happy now. I am the one I used to be, but with more memories. I dont regret because at least I was a good girlfriend and I did my best

Being happy and smile, because I deserve it :)

• Well that's all good, however you don't 'DESERVE' anything, that's a false notion. No, you get what you get for the effort and work you put in. Just like everybody else. We have this whole generation that has been told all their life they deserve stuff - it's all a lie. It's created the whole entitlement society. Like they're owed something. FAIL

Most Helpful Girl

• I dealt with it by realizing I can improve my prospects by changing myself before i date again - by putting the focus on me and not on the person I was dating - I was able to get over him.

• Awww ok I get that, thank you.
      And do you have some kind of trouble after that? Like afraid of being loved, being ghosted again or afraid of relationship?

• Naaas it's okay.. at least I did my best and was a good girlfriend.. do I dont regret it

• I would not contact him at all. Just ignore him mand be happy with your life.