Is it cheating if you go to the movies with another guy?

is it cheating if you go on a date with someone if you have a boyfriend/girlfriend because my friend wants to hook me up with her friend because apparently he likes me after just having one conversation with him and my friend wants me to go to the movies with him would that be considered a date and if so do you think I should or shouldn't he is a really sweet and nice guy but I have a boyfriend I told him I do but he still wants to go to the movies with me should I or not?

well if its just the movies with someone it wouldn't be a date so I'm just gonna scratch the date part out
yeah its just kinda like a hang out
ok just so everyone gets it I do not like this guy it is not a date its just hanging out I just wanna be friends with him nothing more I'm gonna tell my boyfriend about it too and if he's not comfortable then I'm not gonna go
for last time I didn't mean if a girl goes out with a guy on a date while she has a boyfriend cheating obviously it is I don't know why I put date he just asked to go to the movies he didn't say date and I didn't say date he likes me apparently but I only see him as a friend and I'm going to TELL MY BOYFRIEND THAT THIS GUY LIKES ME AND WANTS ME TO GO TO THE MOVIES WITH HIM so my boyfriend won't think or feel that I'm hiding things from him and as for the movie I'm gonna ask my boyfriend too come and
invite my friend so he won't feel awkward that's it
i talked to the guy today and explained to him I just wanna be friends and he said it was fine and for the movies me and my boyfriend and him and my other friend are all gonna hang out :) Saturday

932

Most Helpful Guy

• Does the person who might have a crush on you know you've got a boyfriend?

In general, I would say that if you're absolutely clear about your intentions, and if you let your boyfriend know, and there's no kissing, etc, then it's not really a date, though the word "date" sometimes has different meanings.

Assuming I had a girlfriend, and a new female friend and I wanted to go to a movie, I would try to get a few other people to go (how about the mutual friend who is "setting you up?"); I'd also say that I was seeing someone, we could hang out as friends. I'd also let my girlfriend know, or I might even invite her, depending on how jealous a person I felt she was and if she didn't act on the jealousy. She would know about it either way, though.

If you DO have to go it alone, make sure the intentions are clear, make sure you're not too close to the guy, and if you let him walk you to your car, then make sure it's quick. If you can, go during the day, and make sure you're not going to be "alone" with him for very long.

Good luck.

What Guys Said 31

• You would probably like the guy if the boyfriend is gone I bet. Your probably just gonna try and be his friend cause you love attention or so you can keep him "on deck" so when you break up you have an F buddy. Guys don't normally go after friendships with girls unless they have romantic intentions, don't fool yourself.

• wow you speak as if you know I don't treat people like I don't use people the guy just seems like a cool guy to be friends with don't like him what so ever

• He likes you then I bet

• If you are going out with someone who wants to be romantically involved with you, while you are already romantically involved with someone else, and that person is upfront about it and you are tempted to feel romantically about the this person who is encroaching...yes, it's cheating...

• It would be considered a date because the other guy really likes you. If you were just friends (both of you know that you are only just friends) then hey, by all means go for it. It won't bite to hangout plus everyone needs some friend love once in awhile.

• Would you mind if your boyfriend went out to a movie with a girl that was really into him one on one?

And it doesn't matter how you see him. To guys, what matters is how others look at their girlfriend.

• Anything that you would not do in front of your significant other with the person in question is cheating. You say it's not a date because that's not your intention. However, your friend told you this guy DOES consider a date since he likes you. By meeting up with him now you're implicitly approving his understanding of the arrangement. You're basically going on a date with a guy and making it all his responsibility.

Anyway, it's much simpler than this. How would you feel if your boyfriend went out with a girl that one of his friends set him up with whom he doesn't already know who made it clear she likes him? Just the two of them? Yeah.

• would you like your boyfriend to go out with another girl who's crazy for his d*ck?

• It sounds inappropriate for you to be going out somewhere alone with another guy that is interested in you. Imagine if your boyfriend was doing the same thing. Would you be OK It?

I don't know if you two have a open relationship. I think it demeans what a monogamous relationship stands for.

• It's technically not cheating if you don't kiss or anything. But if it would go nowhere with the guy, you'd be wasting more time that you could spend with your boyfriend.

Furthermore, this guy will get the impression that you're saying "we should just be friends" because you're playing hard to get or that you really do like him but don't want to hurt your boyfriend. This is dangerous for you because he'll feel that you're interested in him and may try to force himself upon you. You'd be leading him on if you went to the movies alone with him. This is the kinda of thing that leads to confusion on both ends and possible date rape because the girl doesn't have the courage to firmly say NO. So, the guy thinks that she really wants him.

• Plus you're boyfriend might have some trouble trusting you. and he'd also be worried that this other guy would try to take advantage of you. Just say NO.

• It would be better to have that talk before the movie and have some friends over so that he doesn't make any moves on you. Don't sugarcoat it. Make it clear that you're not into him.

• yeah your right

• Why are you not considering spending this free time you have with your boyfriend? And hey if he is busy I understand, I wouldn't care if my girl went to the movies with friends but if I found out that she went with a guy that she knew liked her than I would be a little irritated with the carelssness..Not saying you would do anything but that he might.

• yeah true ill just tell him I jus wanna be friends and my boyfriend he does work and we do spend time together today he was just busy and my friend told me about this guy

• Alright, looks like problem solved.

• You already knows this guy's intentions are beyond platonic friendship...and you STILL want to go out with him one-on-one? I can't see ANYTHING good coming out of this situation.

Most guys won't want others guys to go out with their gf.

• were just hanging out and I don't like him period and I'm gonna tell him straight I jut see you as a friend

• I do understand where you're coming from.

The situation is still a sticky one...do you want this guy's friendship badly enough to cause rifts with your relationship?

Because no matter what you tell about your intentions (which I get), HIS intentions will ALWAYS be more than friends (even if he says so, deep down he still wants more with you)...at least until he is in a relationship of his own.

• ...Yea, that's cheating. Sorry, but are you stupid? Take as long as you need to come up with an answer.

• It's definitely cheating. You're meeting up with a guy that you KNOW is interested in you. I suggest you go into the law profession. They need more liars like you.

• i don't like him I'm gonan tell him when we go to the movies that I just wanna be friends and I'm gonan let my boyfriend know the situation

• I like that you are going to tell your boyfriend, but why not take it one step further and see if your boyfriend would like to come with you and this other guy and your friend? (just a thought) I actually went through a similar situation where I went to the movies with a girl who had a boyfriend. I'm not proud of it, but I really liked her and I knew her relationship with her boyfriend was just a temporary thing.

• a lot of guys would be jumpy and over protective if, word on the street is "that you're going out with another guy to the movies."

but those guys are always worried, about SOMETHING.

no it's not cheating unless you go to the back of the row and start riding him naked.

• Are you going BECAUSE he likes you? Or are you going simply for the movie? I think this situation has the potential to cause you some drama, so I'd either sit it out or take friends with you. If it's not a date, then he won't mind you bringing friends. But if he's trying to get you on a date, and your friend is talking about hooking you two up when she should know that you're already taken then I think it might be a little bit inappropriate and inconsiderate of your boyfriend.

• no I don't like him I just don't like hurting peoples feelings I don't wanna be mean so said yeah sure but when we go I'm just gonna tell him I just wanna be friends

• Yeah, do that so it's pretty concrete to everyone that it's only a hangout.

• you aren't married yet... go for it. just realize that cheating is all about hurting the one you love's feelings. it all depends on how much you think that will happen. I wouldn't lead this other guy on either. he sounds like he wants to be more than just a friend with you. if your boyfriend is a scum bag then maybe that's a good thing.

• That all depends. Does your boyfriend know about it? And are there any serious feelings between each other? If no and yes then yes it's cheating. If yes and no then it's not. But never the less bottom line your boyfriend should know about it at a minimum.

• did you read my update I told him about it and he said its fine as long as he comes to

• I have a question for you:

Is it OK for your boyfriend to go to the movies with another girl, in the same conditions?

• well I mean if the girl liked him I would feel uneasy about it but if he told me about her and that he would just wanna be friends with her I see no problem with that

• It's not 'cheating' if you don't do anything like kissing etc. But, if you go out of your way to avoid telling your boyfriend that you're going to the movies with this guy, then you may want to reconsider your relationship with him.

• no I was planning on telling my boyfriend that I was going with the guy to the movies and I might even ask my boyfriend if he would like to come I don't wanna ask him because I know he will overreact but even if he doesn't wanna come I'm stikll gonna tell him about this guy

• Love is not love anymore who care? No one know how to love no one know what is right and what is not. Do what ever your heart wants.

• I'm terrified of ending up with a girl like you

• I think it depends on your intentions of the hang out like if you want it to turn our more than a friend type thing then it would be cheating but if. Your intentions are to just hang out with him then it's a different story

• Think of it this way would you have a problem with your Boyfriend Going to the movies wIth another girl?

• If its like a date then yeah. You're giving another guy a chance

• Sounds like you worked it out. It's all is on the up and up :)

• Idk if it is technically cheating if you don't do anything, but if I were your boyfriend, I would personally be mad, especially if you didn't tell me. So, you should tell your boyfriend, or not go on the date, to avoid a fight.

• exactly that's why I am going to tell him and I would never cheat and he does get mad when guys hit on me

• or invite your boyfriend and a female friend of urs to make it less awkward

• yeah that would be a good idea lol

• wow what a hottie you are! id totally GONAN to the movies with you. then I'd bring you home (to my house)...

• If you were going as friends there would be no problem. The fact that you are meeting new guys and dating them, when you are already in a relationship makes it cheating. Why would you think otherwise?

• what are you talking about I'm not dating him

• Well if you are looking for someone to tell you it's OK to cheat, it will not come from me. It's perfectly fine to hang out with friends of the sex when in a relationship. You question shows this is not that, and that is why you are questioning it. You're going to do what your going to do anyway. Get on with it.

• *opposite gender

• hell no, you have a boyfriend why would you go to the movies with him.

• If you tell your boyfriend about it and he's not pissed off, then I don't see the problem. If you DON'T tell him about it because you think he WOULD be pissed off, then yes--it's cheating.

• well I'm not gonna hide it from my boyfriend because that never ends well because I've done that to my previous boyfriends so I'm just gonna say I'm going to the movie with this guy who likes me are you okay with that but I'm gonna tell him I just wanna be friends that's what I'm gonna tell my boyfriend

• OK. Good luck with that. Let us know how it goes.

• Your friend wants to hook you up with a guy even though you have a boyfriend? I guess it is safe to say that she doesn't like him. I wouldn't do it. If it was a male friend of yours, I think it would be okay. This guy, however, is a guy that is interested in you and you apparently don't know very well.

• You don't know him very well, he is interested in you, and he is hanging out with you alone. Sounds a bit like a date to me. Does your boyfriend know about this? His opinion would be the most important in this situation.

• yeah she doesn't like my boyfriend so much I told her not to but she did anyway

• More from Guys
    1

What Girls Said 9

• I don't quite understand why anyone would want to go out with a guy when she knows he's interested in her and she's happy with her boyfriend. If you're doing this behind your boyfriend's back you're abusing his trust, hence it can be classified as cheating. How would you feel if he went out with a girl who's into him?

• i would feel devastated but I don't like him I'm gonna tell him I just wanna be friends and I'm gonna tell my boyfriend that this guy likes me but I'm just going because I don't like to hurt peoples feelings

• considering the updates you've posted you have clearly come to the same conclusion the rest of us have that yes it IS cheating lol but I would suggest you take a couple things into consideration the next time a situation like this comes up. 1) how would you feel if your boyfriend told you "so there's this chick that likes me and wants to go out to the movies would you like to go with us?" and 2) if you are in a situation where you don't know which one of two people that you want to date ALWAYS pick the second person because the fact that you have to think about it means you don't love or care enough about the first person otherwise the second person would never be a consideration.

• You're right to make it a group hangout kind of thing. If it was just you and him, and you knew he liked you and your boyfriend didn't know this is just sketchy. Not cool. Even if he did know and it was just you two.

• I wouldn't. That is opening a door to endless problems and arguments that could be provoked between you and your boyfriend, your boyfriend and your "date", and your "date" and yourself.

Would you want your boyfriend going on a date with some other girl? I sure wouldn't, and I'm sure he wouldn't want you to either.

• its not really a date well yeah its not its just going to the movies I shouldn't have put date

• If you really want to go, I'd invite your boyfriend and your friend can invite some friends, so that way you still go, but it won't just be you two.

• yeah that's what I might do :)

• no date no date yes

• if you have to ask, don't go

• no you should give him a blow job and then tongue your boyfriend afterward when you get home

• yes. I wouldn't want my boyfriend to go to the movies with another girl.

• So she's wanting to hook you up with someone else..even though you're IN a relationship already ..? Don't do it..you could really hurt your boyfriend, and I'm sure you don't wanna do that...right?

• yeah and she only did that because she doesn't like my boyfriend and I'm gonna tell my boyfriend the situation so he will understand that I don't like this guy I just wanna be his friend

• Ehh, I still wouldn't do it. If you were in that situation..would you want him to go to the movies with another girl? No offense, if she was a true friend, she would respect your judgement and let you be happy with your current boyfriend rather than trying to hook you up with others.

Do what you think is best for the situation, but don't risk losing your boyfriend, someone who probably means a lot to you for someone you've only had 1 convo with and hardly know.

• yeah :( I wish she would like him but I told her not to but she did it anyway without my permission and your right I wouldn't like it if he went out with another girl but if he did say she was just a firend or he just wannted to be firends with her id be okay with ti