Is it cheating if you go to the movies with another guy?

is it cheating if you go on a date with someone if you have a boyfriend/girlfriend because my friend wants to hook me up with her friend because apparently he likes me after just having one conversation with him and my friend wants me to go to the movies with him would that be considered a date and if so do you think I should or shouldn't he is a really sweet and nice guy but I have a boyfriend I told him I do but he still wants to go to the movies with me should I or not?

well if its just the movies with someone it wouldn't be a date so I'm just gonna scratch the date part out
yeah its just kinda like a hang out
ok just so everyone gets it I do not like this guy it is not a date its just hanging out I just wanna be friends with him nothing more I'm gonna tell my boyfriend about it too and if he's not comfortable then I'm not gonna go
for last time I didn't mean if a girl goes out with a guy on a date while she has a boyfriend cheating obviously it is I don't know why I put date he just asked to go to the movies he didn't say date and I didn't say date he likes me apparently but I only see him as a friend and I'm going to TELL MY BOYFRIEND THAT THIS GUY LIKES ME AND WANTS ME TO GO TO THE MOVIES WITH HIM so my boyfriend won't think or feel that I'm hiding things from him and as for the movie I'm gonna ask my boyfriend too come and
invite my friend so he won't feel awkward that's it
i talked to the guy today and explained to him I just wanna be friends and he said it was fine and for the movies me and my boyfriend and him and my other friend are all gonna hang out :) Saturday

932

Most Helpful Guy

• Does the person who might have a crush on you know you've got a boyfriend?

In general, I would say that if you're absolutely clear about your intentions, and if you let your boyfriend know, and there's no kissing, etc, then it's not really a date, though the word "date" sometimes has different meanings.

Assuming I had a girlfriend, and a new female friend and I wanted to go to a movie, I would try to get a few other people to go (how about the mutual friend who is "setting you up?"); I'd also say that I was seeing someone, we could hang out as friends. I'd also let my girlfriend know, or I might even invite her, depending on how jealous a person I felt she was and if she didn't act on the jealousy. She would know about it either way, though.

If you DO have to go it alone, make sure the intentions are clear, make sure you're not too close to the guy, and if you let him walk you to your car, then make sure it's quick. If you can, go during the day, and make sure you're not going to be "alone" with him for very long.

Good luck.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE