#LoveYourself
VALENTINE'S DAY

I feel like my boyfriend is bribing me so he will propose?

Me andmy boyfriend been together for 5 months. I love him and I know he loves me. We talk about getting married all the time in a couple of years. He gave me a promise ring on valentine day that he will ma rry me. Well I am super jealous of his ex girlfriend that he had dated for 8 months he said he never loved her but when they broke up he was really hurt well I nag about her all the time to him. Well a couple weeks ago he had told me well if you don't talk about my ex for 4 months straight I will propose to you well that bugged me I don't want him propose if he says that what you guys think about him kinda bribing it

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Is there a reason why you are talking about his ex-girlfriend?

Look, he is not telling the truth when he says that he never really loved his ex-girlfriend. If he didn't love her, would he be hurt? Would he still have been in the relationship for EIGHT months without caring about his girlfriend at all? It seems like he said that only to make you feel better.

Look, that relationship is over. If he is hurt, he is hurt. You will make him feel bad if you keep on talking about her. It doesn't matter if he is trying to bribe you, because that is definitely not bribery. If you want your boyfriend to feel happier, don't talk about his ex-girlfriend. You're just bringing up his old hurts all over again each time you talk about it.

• That is exactly what my point is if he didn't love her he wouldn't be hurt that why I keep bringing it up because I know he had to love her but he keeps saying he thought he did and it was only lust and that he fell in love with me and relized he didn't love her but he told me all that before I brought the ex up now I do to get answers

• The point is, that relationship is over. You don't need to bring it up. What is past is past. It is no use getting so much worry over it. Just live in the now. Be happy.

If he is hurt, then he is hurt. At least he cares about you now. If you keep nagging at him he will feel like you keep attacking him. Let it go. Even if he is hurt, you can't make him unhurt. Just care for him, and he will care for you.

• He isn't hurt over her anymore it been 2 years since they broke up. But I will try and stop nagging him

Valentines Day

What Guys Said 3

• It seems like you're up to talking about his ex all the time. Stop letting him think about her because it will just stir up the old feelings , and he might leave you in the process.

• Well to be honest, I don't know how a man could propose to a woman without sounding like its a bribing or "trying to sell you" something-situation lol.

Have you seen proposals? read about it? seen it? The man usually says something, promises of a better future and stuff like that. SOOO in a nutshell, proposing is boasting, proposing is bribing, proposing is trying to persuade someone, ect...

BUT if you really love him, you won't see it that way. You will see it as a man that is willing to commit his entirety to you!

• Talk about rushing into something. Damn.

Get a grip on yourself.

What Girls Said 2

• You shouldn't really be talking about his ex in the first place. Focus on your relationship with him. He's not with her anymore, he's with you. if I were your boyfriend, I'd be annoyed as hell. You're gonna push him farther away if you don't let it go.

• First of all it sounds like you guys are rushing things. After 5 months you're probably still just in the honeymoon phase. Marriage is a huge life changing event and you guys should think it through very seriously before just jumping into it. Second of all, you need to get over your issues with his ex. It doesn't sound like he's trying to bribe you, it sounds more like he wants to work on the part of you that gives him doubts about a future with you before deciding to marry you. So step back, take a deep breath, and just relax and focus on what you have together.

• I know marriage is a big deal I am not even ready to marry anyways lol but he just said that babout talking about his ex and I was just upset he approached it like that

Valentines Day