My girlfriend had a one night stand while we were broken up for two months

My girlfriend and I had dated for three months I neglected her for the last month and she had made out with a guy and never told me. At the Time I didn't know. A week later we broke up two weeks after that she had a one night stand with him. We got back together two months later and on our one month she told me about the one night stand, I tried to accept it. It's bugged me continuously, a year and a half later, we were dating the whole time I found out by myself she had cheated on me. I confronted her and she said yes. At the time of her cheating our relationship was bad. I can deal with that. But the fact she had a one night stand with him drive me insane I can't get it out of my head. Ruins my days. I love this girl I wanted to spend my life with her, her family adores me as well we get along like PBS and j I want to get over this more then anything, how can I move past this and enjoy my relationship?

41

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally believe that if she cheated on you, you should break up, but it depends on if she has changed or not. And if she had a one night stand while you weren't together, and if you were neglecting her, maybe she felt lonely or sad about it. But then again, since she cheated on you, she might just be trying to toy with you at this point. This is when how well you know her comes in handy: look for any signs about what's happening before you go and decide something.