My girlfriend likes another guy... Should I break up with her?

Hey guys, I could really use some advice.

I have been with my girlfriend for 7 months now. This is our second time together, since we first broke up after a year and a half and, after a year, got back together. For about a month now, she's been liking this other guy. She told me not to worry, to trust her. Yet, when we are together, she is constantly texting him, and she gets to see him everyday in college (Im not in the same college as her).

Yesterday, she told me she thought it wasn't convenient to keep this relationship. I immediately thought about her liking this other guy, and I asked her about it. She said that her feelings for this guy do get in the way, but also that she doesn't feel that we are compatible, since we are very different (like in personalities and tastes and stuff). But she says that she doesn't want to break up with me, since she labels me as "what every girl wants" and she doesn't want to lose me.

So now, I'm in a crossroad. On one hand, I want to break up with her, because I don't feel I'm appreciated, respected or being returned all the love that I give. Yet, I have hope that she will finally decide to stay with me and work out all our issues.

I don't know what to do! It's so difficult to try to say goodbye after all we've been through, yet I don't know if I'm missing out on another opportunity.

HELP PLEASE!

Thanks!

3011

Most Helpful Girl

• She is probably emotionally cheating on you with him. Don't listen to her B.S. ("I like him but trust me") and dump her.

" she doesn't feel that we are compatible, since we are very different (like in personalities and tastes and stuff). But she says that she doesn't want to break up with me, since she labels me as "what every girl wants""

She is only staying with you because you are her Plan B, and if you really were her only plan, she wouldn't have feelings for this guy.

"On one hand, I want to break up with her, because I don't feel I'm appreciated, respected or being returned all the love that I give."

You're not. Dump time.

I'm sorry, this situation really sucks for you. I would be so mad if it happened to me. :(

• Emotional Cheating...perfectly described.

• Thanks! I hate when girls do this. Guys do it too. Heck, I hate when PEOPLE do this. Just drop who you're not into and pursue those you like. SImple, done. Attraction and compatibility are not there via checklists of traits and how much other people want the partner.

• Exactly I just keep it simple:)