Ex-girlfriend told me she's seeing someone else, but I found out she isn't. Really confused.

Ok, I am not going to explain my whole situation with my ex-girlfriend because it's all explained in another question I posted about a month ago. You can click on my profile name and the whole situation is explained in the question "Is my ex-girlfriend finally done with me that I need to move on, or does she not know what she wants". I couldn't post the link because the site said I need to be a Level 4 in order to do that.

Anyways, I haven't talked to my ex-girlfriend in almost a month and a half because she told me she was seeing someone else and that I need to leave her alone. So I granted her request and haven't talked to her since because I don't want to harass her or anything. After she told me this I wished her the best with her new guy and that I'm glad to hear that she is happy again. She blocked me on Facebook and Twitter which didn't bother me at all because social media sites are just what they are and that's websites and I don't take them too seriously. I recently flew home to attend my brothers college graduation and he insisted to have a talk with me about my current situation with my ex. I told him the whole story and he told me that she is not seeing anyone. He knows this because him and my ex are still friends on Facebook and she is not in a relationship with anyone. I didn't believe him but then he showed me her profile and he was right. There is no evidence of a new guy in her life.

Ever since she told me to leave me her alone I have not tried to contact her and I'm doing my best to better myself and keep her off my mind while trying to move on. So far, it's working. I know exes are exes for a reason but I still love her more than anything.

So my question is, why would she tell me she is seeing someone else when she's really not? Was she trying to make me jealous? Trying to get over me?

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Perhaps she is really dating someone. If you were looking at my page on Facebook, you wouldn't know I was dating someone, yet I am. I do not show my relationship status at all. There is no message or pics that would let anyone know about it. I'm not hiding anything, it's just that I don't feel the need to make it obvious to everyone online.

Anyway, after reading what you explained, I'd say she probably just wants you to move on. She made a point in cutting all ties, and she asked you to stop contacting her. I see it as her trying to make a clean break. If she lied about having a new guy, I don't think she meant to hurt you or make you jealous.

Something similar happened to me a while ago. I was not dating the guy yet, but we were getting closer and heading that way. He dropped the "I have a girlfriend" bomb, and we drifted apart. He confessed several months later that it was a lie. When I asked him why he did something like this, he said it was because he felt it was going too fast and didn't want me to get my hopes up. In a similar pattern, I see it as a way of making clear nothing would happen.

I think it's best if you try to get over her, because she's doing everything to make you forget her.

0|0
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 2

• I just this to my ex because we just recently starting talking again after he broke up with me three months ago. Well now he won't commit and seems detached and also said it would be a possibility that he could get with an baby's mom when I asked him. So I said thanks for being honest. Also during this time he does tell me he loves be and I'm beautiful inside and out but I'm long distance. Though that was never an issue before. Anyway after he said that about his kids mom and excuses it seemed to not commit to me I texted him and told him I won't be a backup plan and I'm seeing someone I'd stopped seeing when he came back in the picture but we picked things up again and asked him to not contact me ever again but wished him happiness. I love him to death but I said this because I was hurt and feel like he played with my emotions and I knew if I told him that then I'd HAVE TO move on and get over him. He always disappears then reappears and I'm always there for him. I regret telling him what I did but I was just really hurt. In my case I want him back more than anything but lately only I have done the chasing. I figured trying a new angle might have better results

0|0
    0|0
  • not trying to make you jealous but most of us use that as a way to deter men,in other words,she wants you to forget about her

0|1
    0|0
    • Dishonesty is not the strategy I would advise though. Yes, it'll likely work. But it will also breed contempt. Honest rejection, such as: "I don't see this ever working out. I'd prefer not to try, as we'll only get hurt" is a better route than lying.

• she doesn't want to hurt him

What Guys Said 4

• I don't think she's trying to make you jealous. I think she said it so you'd leave her alone. Girls do say this to get guys to leave them alone. If she wanted you to be jealous she'd keep doors open with you finding ways to keep you jealous. But she's blocked you. This shows she wants to do anything to keep you away from her. You musta really annoyed her a lot to get his to this extreme.

0|1
    0|0
  • Ah man, I really know how you feel. Me and my ex broke up in December. Been together 4,5 years.

She's hiding the fact that she is seeing someone now from everyone. And is ignoring me.

She also hasn't updated her Facebook relationship status.

I advise you to take your own advice and see social media sites for what they are. Just sites.

If she doesn't contact you, then why even bother anymore.

I'm sorry I couldn't help more. Good luck.

0|0
    0|0
  • I only read the question. How did you conclude that she was lying?

0|0
    0|0
  • It seems she's trying to get you jealous.

Don't think much about it, and just continue with your life.

0|0
    0|1

Recommended myTakes