Ex-girlfriend told me she's seeing someone else, but I found out she isn't. Really confused.

Ok, I am not going to explain my whole situation with my ex-girlfriend because it's all explained in another question I posted about a month ago. You can click on my profile name and the whole situation is explained in the question "Is my ex-girlfriend finally done with me that I need to move on, or does she not know what she wants". I couldn't post the link because the site said I need to be a Level 4 in order to do that.

Anyways, I haven't talked to my ex-girlfriend in almost a month and a half because she told me she was seeing someone else and that I need to leave her alone. So I granted her request and haven't talked to her since because I don't want to harass her or anything. After she told me this I wished her the best with her new guy and that I'm glad to hear that she is happy again. She blocked me on Facebook and Twitter which didn't bother me at all because social media sites are just what they are and that's websites and I don't take them too seriously. I recently flew home to attend my brothers college graduation and he insisted to have a talk with me about my current situation with my ex. I told him the whole story and he told me that she is not seeing anyone. He knows this because him and my ex are still friends on Facebook and she is not in a relationship with anyone. I didn't believe him but then he showed me her profile and he was right. There is no evidence of a new guy in her life.

Ever since she told me to leave me her alone I have not tried to contact her and I'm doing my best to better myself and keep her off my mind while trying to move on. So far, it's working. I know exes are exes for a reason but I still love her more than anything.

So my question is, why would she tell me she is seeing someone else when she's really not? Was she trying to make me jealous? Trying to get over me?

34

Most Helpful Girl

• Perhaps she is really dating someone. If you were looking at my page on Facebook, you wouldn't know I was dating someone, yet I am. I do not show my relationship status at all. There is no message or pics that would let anyone know about it. I'm not hiding anything, it's just that I don't feel the need to make it obvious to everyone online.

Anyway, after reading what you explained, I'd say she probably just wants you to move on. She made a point in cutting all ties, and she asked you to stop contacting her. I see it as her trying to make a clean break. If she lied about having a new guy, I don't think she meant to hurt you or make you jealous.

Something similar happened to me a while ago. I was not dating the guy yet, but we were getting closer and heading that way. He dropped the "I have a girlfriend" bomb, and we drifted apart. He confessed several months later that it was a lie. When I asked him why he did something like this, he said it was because he felt it was going too fast and didn't want me to get my hopes up. In a similar pattern, I see it as a way of making clear nothing would happen.

I think it's best if you try to get over her, because she's doing everything to make you forget her.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE