I logged into my ex boyfriends email account, is there any way he can find out?

I know, I know this is absolutely terrible, and trust me I feel awful. I had absolutely no right and deserve a slap. Broke up with my boyfriend about 5 months ago, bad break up anyway, he lied to me a lot.

I usually use internet explorer, but instead I used google chrome today. When I went on it I noticed his email address was logged into gmail. I clicked on it and it sent me to the log in page. Yes I know awful but curiosity got the better of me and I remembered the password he used for everything.

I thought he might have changed it, but had a go. I was shocked to find he hadn't changed it and I had a look through his emails, I know dreadful. Strangely found out he had been cheating on me when I was with him. Still no excuse. Anyway as I was on it I was being careful not to open any unread emails, but accidentally opened one my accident.

He might notice that it has been read. I logged out straight away. Is there anyway he can find out this was me?

It was Gmail.

Please I know some of you will want to have a go at me, and say I deserve it,but could someone just answer the question?

As I need to be prepared in case he does find out.

Thanks
Thanks for your answers guys, very helpful, and thank you for not having a go at me. I've been an idiot ha ha. Lesson learnt.

13

Most Helpful Girl

• If he's suspicious and looks into it by simply googling or if he knows what he's doing he can look at his recent activity which will show the IP address.

If he finds out and confronts you, you're just going to have to be upfront. Hopefully if he does notice he'll just change his password. There's no point in pointing the finger at who is more wrong and bringing all that up.

• Ok yes thank you. Yeah I would just admit to be honest anyway if he did confront me because I would be mortified if someone had done this to me. Not really sure what reason I could say other than I was curious. I have learned my lesson. Thank you for your answer, I'll just hope he doesn't get suspicious.

• Thank you for best answer.