He's sharing a hotel room with his ex?

We've been together for half a year now, and we love each other very much.

Tomorrow he is leaving the country for a business convention, which I've known about for quite some time. So has he.

The problem is that he will be sharing a room with his ex-girlfriend/boss! They will not be sharing a bed, and I'm sure nothing is going to happen, but I'm upset. They are also driving there and back together. What, if anything, should I do? I've told him I'm uncomfortable and he says that nothing will happen and he cannot afford another room.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I would bet that something WILL happen. First, there are VERY few businesses that would take the risk of having unmarried people of the opposite sex share the same room. Otherwise the girl could come back and claim a sexual harassment lawsuit. Second, the company would be picking up the cost of his room, not him out of his personal money. Third, business conventions are notorious for hookups.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 6

• If it's a business trip, he doesn't pay for the rooms. The job does.

So saying he can't afford a room, is bullshit.

Either the job cannot afford to pay for a room, or he's lying.

0|1
    0|0
  • The proper translation is, nothing will happen that you will know about and he cannot afford to be with out her in another room.

Get rid of him, he is cheating. No business will put 2 people of the opposite sex together it is a violation of law. Violation of Moral Turpitude. If he were the boss the company would be her's.

0|0
    0|0
  • How many nights will they be spending together and how serious was their relationship? I would definitely be uncomfortable in your position. This sounds totally inappropriate.

0|1
    0|0
  • In the business world, the arrangement you describe is NOT the norm. It's not the usual practice for men and women to share the same room on a business trip who are not married. I don't buy what he's saying.

0|0
    0|0
  • Go with them

0|0
    0|0
  • They are going to wreck each other.

0|0
    1|0

What Girls Said 1

• If I was going on a trip and would have to share a room with my boss/ex and couldn't afford a room, I would sleep in my car and drive separately. You shouldn't put yourself in those situations and I think he is being extremely inconsiderate. I doubt you would stay in a room with your ex and I highly doubt he would be okay with it.

Put your foot down. This is unacceptable.

0|2
    0|0

Recommended myTakes