Interracial Relationships

Anonymous

Interracial Relationships

I don't understand why people love it when an interracial relationship consists of a white female/POC Male but as soon as its POC/White Male there's always someone saying something negative. As a WOC who is attractive to guys of differences races I get told that I'm racist for my taste in men all of the time. Since race is a major thing with all of the the hate crimes going on, thats always being thrown out there. I always get asked the question "Why do you like them, you know they got small dicks but that BBC though" and shit like that. I've had several black guy friends who will straight up say "I hate black girls" or "I can't date a chick that's dark skinned" (YOU are dark skinned wtf) and even though I'm a light caramel color that pissed me off because I get called racist for saying I prefer dating other races mostly white guys but they can say that they hate black girls and everyone applaud them... I don't get it. Now on to when there is an actual relationship, everyone and their momma's support a black man and a white woman in a realtionship but when its the other way around there's someone rolling their eyes or asking why they are with with that person.

What I'm trying to say is a black woman does not have to fall in love with black men just because she's black. She can like other races without people without people trying to convince her otherwise.

Interracial Relationships
25
37

Most Helpful Guy

• Anonymous
    Most people seemed to be in general are accepting of interracial dating. Most also seem accepting of racial preference. Meaning as a "WOC" if you only want white men then to most people it's fine. They don't consider that racist. My viewpoint is that there shouldn't favorites. There shouldn't be preferences when it comes to race. As a POC I feel like if you put one race over another you are being racist. I have no problem with interracial dating but it's a often occurrence that POC if they do interracial dating they prefer whites over any other race. That's racist to me. Doesn't mean you can't do what you want. By all means. It's just my view.

The dark skinned light skinned thing is ridiculous. It's a sign of self race hatred to me. I am light skinned, but I'm attracted to dark skinned girls and light skinned ones. To me I think their belief. Again not mine but their belief is probably this:

1. White
    2. Light skinned black girls
    3. Dark skinned black girls

Reasons for that? There are many I'm sure. One being media. Another may just be things like contrast.

Also, everyone does NOT support a black man dating a white woman. In fact it's only been 40 or 50 years since black men would get beat to death or hung for even talking to a white woman. I live in the south. People are more accepting of it now. I really don't see how that's a bad thing. I've been with white girls in the past and I thank God that I haven't been beaten or killed for it. Not everybody supports it though. Not only that but there are still a lot of white women who don't want anything to do with a black guy.

So I'm saying in my view people can do what they want, but I feel that people should like the human race and not black, white, w/e. Too many black women only want white men. Too many black men only want white women. What's wrong with your own race and all the other races besides white?
    Is this still revelant?
    • I have a question about you living inthe south. If you had to guess, what percentage of white girls would not be open to black guys. What percentage of white guys would not be open to dating black women. Just out of curiosity.

• Anonymous

@LiveFreeorDieHard I'd say (again just a guess) about 52 percent of white girls are not open to black guys. Maybe just maybe some would give a black guy a chance but it would be like a "leap of faith" for them. So 48 percent would be open. I'd say (again just a guess) about 55 percent of white guys are not open to black girls. The reason why I say that is because it's just so uncommon to see it. I hardly ever see a white man with a black woman. Though maybe it's not a matter of openness but just a matter of not really being around black women much or maybe assuming that black women don't want them. Or maybe white girls jump on them before they really dive into trying black women.

Most Helpful Girl

• PippiL
    My brother married a black girl. At first our relatives gave him crap about it but she's such a sweetheart that even my grandparents love her now. My grandma says she's her favorite grandchild and she isn't really even her grandchild, haha. But yeah, they've been together for seven years and they're pretty much the perfect couple so nobody gives them crap anymore. I think you're going to have to spend some time debunking racial stereotypes in your relationships, but it'll be worth it if you're happy in the end.
    Is this still revelant?

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

3624
  • koko124
    "I don't understand why people love it when an interracial relationship consists of a white female/POC Male but as soon as its POC/White Male there's always someone saying something negative."

Not even remotely true. There was a Sears Christmas ad a while back that featured a black man and a white woman kissing. It was discontinued because a lot of men complained.

White man/non-white woman is much more commonly represented on television than the other way around.

"I've had several black guy friends who will straight up say "I can't date a chick that's dark skinned" (YOU are dark skinned wtf)"

So it's okay for yourself, a dark skinned girl, to date white guys. However it's somehow not okay for a dark skinned guy to date white girls?

You're just another one of those non-white women trying to rationalize her intense preference for white men by trying to play the victim, so that you don't feel guilty. It's rather common among non-white women who exclusively date white men. Here's another example: www.xojane.com/.../asian-woman-dating-asian-men-jenny-an

First of all: Maybe see a psychiatrist. I'm seeing this post recurring virtually every day, and I have a feeling that it's the same person posting.

Second of all: Date whomever the fuck you want.

HOWEVER:

STOP playing victim.
    STOP throwing non-white men under the bus. You like white guys because that's your preference, not because of some other poorly rationalized reason which places the blame on non-white men.
    STOP complaining that white guys don't want to date you. You have your preferences, someone else can have theirs, and that can include not being attracted to black girls.

I hope you find peace.
    • Anonymous

you are not getting the whole point on what I'm saying, I'm stating that in most black families at least from my experience people don't really try to convince the poc guy to get another girl but when a poc girl has a white guy there's several reasons for her to get rid of him. And I'm not dark skinned as I stated in the earlier post, but I clearly said I'm being called racist by other black men and women when the same men said they would NEVER date a dark skinned girl as if there's something wrong with them. And have you ever thought that there's more out there besides me dealing with this? Why would I post the same fucking thing everyday? I'm not THAT pressed about this situation bc Its nothing new I've dealt with this since I was little

• Anonymous

and not once did I ever throw black men under the bus. I have a question are you black? do you hear and see the shit black men say about black women? If not you don't get where I'm coming from. And there's a difference between a preference and just plain ignorance that some people have expressed towards their own race. In my case I've never slandered a black man for being black, the way you're saying it is that I'm basically being hypocrital towards the black men who ignorantly talk down on dark skin just because of the amount of melanin they have

• Anonymous

hypocritical***

• Queen_naki5
    Whenever one makes a Take regarding race and dating, black women are usually the main target and it sickens me. Sickens me because I can't read a single comment that doesn't consist of some ruthless guy going anonymous just to say how they aren't attracted to black women because of A, B or C. I just laugh. I certainly have no issues getting a date, but I wouldn't feel comfortable dating certain guys regardless of race, but will their family accept me? And will mine accept theirs?
    • Yeah. Family is usually the main problem.

• 33adam

So you are trying to say, that you wouldn't date a guy (white European like me) only because of family issues? Be a romantic girl Julia. Romeo and Julia was from two killing each other families but young couple feelings was hundreds time stronger than other issues.

• @33adam I never said that. My family didn't like a few guys that I was talking to who were the same race as me. So it's not about that, it's about whether or not they'll give me a hard time or not. I've dated a white guy my freshman year of college and my mom loved that he was a biology student and his mother loved that I was trying to become a teacher as she was a teacher herself. My family isn't unreasonable so for that reason their opinion does hold strong.

• aniemist
    I think think what matters most is that you love each other and are attracted to each other, skin color, sexual orientation none of that matters. I agree with your take, its not like that everywhere but in far to many places.

I hope you find someone you love and are attracted to and can be accepted.
    • Gojira

More up votes 4 u. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

• Prof_Don
    As a black American, I'm all for interracial dating. Let people find love wherever they happen to find it.

However, it is very psychologically abnormal, for someone to NEVER find a single person of their own ethnicity attractive. I always feel people like this had some social or psychological damage in their live.
  • SayYes2Courtney
    I guess I'm riding the proverbial elephant in this room because I'm white and prefer dating men of color. That doesn't mean I don't find white guys attractive, I do, I just prefer a relationship with black men because that is what I'm used to, it's the culture of men I mostly identify with, and frankly black men make me feel like a princess. My parents divorced when I was 5 and my mom re-married a black man with children so I grew up with a black step dad and 3 black older brothers. We moved to a mostly black neighborhood and I assimilated with black culture early on. I never considered dating a white guy until I was in college. I like white guys ok, I think they're cute, I just never went out with a white guy who gave me that chill like black guys give me. It feels awkward to me. Occasionally I will still go out with white guys if I meet one that's hot but it never really works out for me. I think interracial relationships are the best of all worlds myself. I see myself marrying a black man when I'm ready to settle down.
  • RationalLioness
    I can see where you're coming from in a way. I know that there are tons of men from all races who have bashed WM/BW relationships and many black men feel that BW shouldn't 'step out'... even though they do it themselves. Or it's some type of stereotype being said as you've described.

I think it has to do with exposure. There are many white woman and minority male relationships in the media and entertainment, but not so much of the reverse. With more exposure, I think it will be more accepted... except by retarded racists. :)
    • koko124

"There are many white woman and minority male relationships in the media and entertainment, but not so much of the reverse."

This isn't even remotely true. Might have been true for Black women back in the 90s, but definitely not minorities in general, and definitely not any racial group now.

• You must be blind. I see plenty of white woman/minority male relationships EVERYWHERE including on television and in the entertainment industry. Just because YOU don't see it doesn't make it true.

• Well most times there's an interracial relationship in the media it's a white man.

• sxphs
    You are so right! I think it has to do with perceptions of femininity and masculinity among races- black men are usually perceived as being more masculine than a white counterpart with a similar personality. You're totally allowed to have your type though. And what's the stigma against dating a black girl? bull
  • dbookin
    Its a shame that in 2015 this is a topic for discussion.
    DATE WHO YOU LIKE AND EVERYONE ELSE MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!!!
    • Haha MHO for this My Take. It is. Shame that there isn't that option here.

*applauds profusely*

• Chiino
    I get so much shit from black men for dating men who are NOT black.. i get called "Racist" "Coon" "Slave" White lover" "Traitor" So much more. I dont see the big issue, plenty of black men date outside their race and a lot of times [not all the time] people don't bat an eye, Right when a black woman does it, negativity spews out of every direction. I got told i date white men for financial reasons, i'm a nurse i can take care of myself. Besides i also like hispanic/lation - Asian & etc.
    People need to mind their own business, who i date shouldn't effect their life in any way.
  • Music4life1203
    Fucking preach the shit out of this. Like most black men are ignorant and I have yet to date one that isn't. That's why I'm not that attracted to them. I too get shit for that from my family and I fucking hate it.
    • Ohh yes like remember that one guy who was like black girls are rachet I was like looking at him with a wtf look

• fortheloveoflyrics
    I think interracial relationships are no different than same-race relationships. I mean, I've only dated white guys, but I've been having more of a preference for black guys in the past few years. I don't think it's anyone else's business who someone chooses to love, no matter what color their skin is.
  • zagor
    This white guy would love to meet an intelligent slender/fit black woman. The same qualities I look for in all women. I'm just not into "thick" regardless of color.

People should mind their own business on who other people choose to date.
    • Gojira

Wish i could up vote this a few times. Especially the last sentence. πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

• xXiTacoXx
    I don't get this when it comes to guys also. It makes no sense, and that part about dark skinned girl is painfully rampant. I even made a myTake to help some of these girls out with their self-esteem.
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a11514-dark-skinned-girls
  • equiiaddict
    I agree completely! There are still so many hateful and close minded people out there. I can speak from experience, my boyfriend is Hispanic and I feel like there has always been this "expectation" for me to date a white guy at least from my family. They've never come right out and said anything, but I can just TELL if that makes sense.
    • Date a black guy, I'm 100% sure they will come right out and say something.

• @StreetLevel Even if they did, it wouldn't matter to me. If I love someone it's for them as a person, not the color of their skin. It's a shame that people are still so close minded today though.

• At least you didn't or don't continue the cycle.

• Hidden_P
    The world is a mix of people. Liars, bastards, bellends, cuties, honest ones, etc. You cannot have a perfect world.

Just ignore it. Personally I prefer to date within my race but I'm not adverse to dating outside it. My brothers wife isn't white - she's Madagascan.

Just go with it. People will hate you for something whether it's your skin, gender, nose size, dick size, tummy size, foot size or whatever. Do what makes you happy and screw the world
  • GoodGirlsFinishLast
    I love white guys... I lover German men. I've had the most success dating German men. When it comes to physical attraction, I'm more physically and sexually attracted to hot east Asian guys like Yoshi Sudarso <3 <3 <3
    • There is definitely a double standard. Society is more accepting to BM/WW couples, than the other way around in the united States. In Europe, it's the other way of around. In Europe it mostly BW/WM that you see more often...

I've only ever dated outside of my race and culture, and I've had black men who just got through talking about how they dislike black females, or brag about how they love IR, turn around and question my dating choices when I mention that I prefer white men. I'll date ANYTHING, but I've had the most success with white men. My preference isn't superficial and is based off of looks the way other people's preferences are most of the time... I go based off of success and the general attitude of the men in that culture, and behavior patterns and mannerisms.

When it comes to marriage in the United States, between blacks and whites, white females and black men are more likely to marry, but divorce at higher rates. The other way around WM/BW have more successful marriages

• I ignore the double standard when it comes to IR and acceptance of IR couples, and just focus on my man.

• I've had horrible things said to me about my dating choices, and these insults were usually from hypocritical men who also participate in IR. With black people, some how it's more acceptable for the men to date out, while the females are expected to only be attracted to and date black males. The females who do explore IR (myself) will be bombarded with negativity from black men who ALSO participate in and explore IR... There is definitely a double standard.

• Ozanne
    It's ridiculous to call you a racist over your preference. It's not like your treating black men poorly or refusing them work opportunities, refusing them service where you work, or even refusing to talk to them -- all because they are simply black. That sort of thing IS racist. What you're describing is more race fetishism.

I'm in an interracial marriage and I took flak from my husband's family and people who are now former friends of his of his race who had an issue with me being white. Not even giving me a chance to know me, just an outright refusal to accept me and even as far as to make comments about "those people" when referring to whites. When I met him, I loved his look. I made no apology for it. I wasn't racist against whites, as being racist isn't what I'm about. People need to learn what the definition of racism is before being getting their torque loose over what they think is expected of you for something as stupid as a physical preference for someone.
    • bubble_tea

I'm sorry to hear his family is not accepting at all.

• coldpieceofpizza
    In movies tho you rarely see a white female (main) character fall in love with a MOC, without it being the point of the entire movie.
    I don't know what I'm trying to say with this, it's just something I've noticed.
  • lePoivre
    Actually, from my experience being a white girl dating a black boy, you wouldn't believe how many dirty looks we got from other black people. Other white people didn't seem to care so much, but the guys would always act like I was only in it for his "big dick" (how a 15-year-old boy can have a big dick regardless of race is beyond me...). As for my relationship now, where my boyfriend is Latino, the only people that seem to care are my grandparents (products of their time and all). We do get some amused looks when we go to Chipotle though and he always gets white rice and I always get brown lol.
  • Shyguy_1988
    Don't go by what others think, go by how you feel, what makes you happy. Personally I can find a girl from any race attractive, really doesn't matter to me.
  • pinkbubble
    I think so too , and i think love has no limits or rules especially not race , and everyone has his own preferance ^^ i am arab and my boyfriend is Asian and we love eachother so much :)
  • Luv2BRealExotic13
    Because I've been seeing variants of this question/take/rant. I'll join the discussion and say this: Fuck what everyone else says date a white guy if that's who you want to date. If you encounter one that you aren't his preference then go find one that doesn't care what your complexion is. It may take a while but there's plenty out there. Just dont leak desperation or holding back that you're scared of what people might think.

As for the coupling that's always going to get bashed bc people are still very ignorant. As for those black men Im like the ignorance is strong with you bc what is your mother or one of your grandmothers, your ancestors?
  • menina
    Nice take!

I agree with you and I don't understand why is such a big deal for some people.
    They should mind their own business instead of criticizing other people's relationships.
  • QuestionMan
    Great take :)
    For some reason people sometimes give me weird looks when I say I'm into Asian and Latino girls. Just because I'm White doesn't mean I have to go only for White girls. I like them too, but Asian girls seem to have better personalities.

As for Black girls, I just don't find them attractive. There are the rare few that I could say are good looking, but I couldn't imagine myself sleeping with them since I have never gotten an erection from a Black girl. It has nothing to do with racism, just sexual preference.
    • Derpyy

I agree with you. Some people just have different preferences. I tend to avoid dating blacks. Partly because I am tired of being proven wrong about blacks fitting so many of their stereotypes, and partly because I am just, for the most part, not physically attracted/attractive to them.

Why should I or anyone else be blamed and called racist for having a preference? Should I be insulted for disliking the color pink as well? Love who you love, and if it happens to not be a race or skin tone then so be it. Someone will come along and love them in return eventually.

• @Derpyy Thanks
      I'm assuming the down votes are from Black girls lol. If I can't get an erection from a Black girl it means I'm not attracted to them, I'm not going to take Viagra just because some Black girl wants me.

• Derpyy

No no no, it obviously means you're racist! (Warning: Previous statement is heavily laced in sarcasm!)

• MysteriousChick93
    Very true I get that a lot. Black guy says to me he is great in bed like other guys aren't. It's s major turn off. or I get guys saying oh you gone to another side like what side 😑😖😏
  • NatashaJ
    I know this may sound racist but it seems that some black people are pure stupid and you have met some of them. If they disrespect you about this topic again just never talk to them again.
  • CHARismatic110
    It's sad to say, but a lot of people still have that stick to your own kind mentality. I personally don't really care. If you love them then that's what matters. I've gotten called names and accused of hating my own race because I like white guys too. But liking white guys doesn't mean that I don't like black guys. Both of my ex's are black. And outside of them, not too many black guys show interest in me. White guys do. And I never talk bad about black guys, but I've heard some of the negative things about us. It's sickening. And then the same black men that bash us are the same ones butt hurt when they see us with a non black man. Makes no sense.
  • Hughhefner
    Usually men of most cultures and races prefer light or fair skinned women. It's evolutionary biology.
    • vishna

I read an article on this years ago, virgin like innocence/youth etc. But there's a huge stigma for darker women that is beyond an evolutionary bend and more towards discrimination.

• Hughhefner

Eventhough I don't find dark skinned girls very attractive. I have noticed that I am bizarrely attracted to dark skinned girls with really attractive figures.

• Or you know, just Western brain-washing. Not true for most men but sure whatever.

• SweetAndSassy14
    I'm a black girl that have met a self hating black male.
    I changed his ignorant perception on black girls..
    Hell he actually fell in love with me (and I'm definitely not self hating ). Because I told him that he's meeting the wrong type of black women and told him to start looking in calm , clean places.. for the type of women you're looking for and most likely he started loving the women of his race hell he was prasing them...
  • Marnia999
    I get where you are coming from. I am not black or east Asian. I am pakistani. Whilst i like some pakistani men, I also like north African men from places like tunisia morocco etc and also white men. In fact the only men I don't find attractive are black men (except a young denzel washington). No one would care if i was walking with a pakistani or north African man but if i was walking with a black or white man I would definitely get dirty looks. In the same way i think white women who go out with men of other races would get dirty looks from some white men - basically it is all about some (not all) men feeling rejected and threatened by what they class as their own women.

You go out with as many white men as you want.

To the people whining about a lot of posts about dark skinned women feeling bad about themselves - you will never understand how tough a lot of black women have it until you are actually one - so do one.
    • "In fact the only men I don't find attractive are black men"

Being a black man seems just as hard.

• bdsmkitten
    I'm white 20/f dating Filipino 45/m. Our relationship is interracial and we have a 25 year age gap... imagine the judgmental and disapproving stares we get from other people. I agree it's terrible when people try to force you to do something that they think is more "appropriate" or "right". Since that's something that you can't change (since there will always be someone out there judging you), you can focus on trying your best to ignore what everyone else tells you and do whatever you feel comfortable with. And try to hang out with people who support you. It really helps.
  • starchick21
    I'm all for interracial relationships of any kind! To me, an attractive guy is an attractive guy. His race doesn't matter at all. But I get what you mean, especially your point about the whole reversal of genders when it comes to interracial dating. For example, a white guy is dating an Asian girl, and no one says anything. But if it's a white girl dating an Asian guy, people suddenly have plenty to say. As a white girl who's very attracted to Asian guys, I find this very annoying. In the end, we're all people. Why can't we just get along? :)
  • SassyGirl171123
    It shouldn't really matter who you date or fall in love with it should only count on how each feel about each other & how you both treat each other who cares what other people think or say!
  • TheEroticJester
    confused af. Only people I won't date are for religious reasons not race or anything
  • Lolomon
    skin color is just skin color. There is only one race and that is the human race. And if you beleive in religion or science they both say we are ALL related. To judge one on their skin color makes no sense. WE all came from Africa , so we where all dark at sometime. LOL, the fact that we will and probably always judge eachother on skin color means we as human will never evolve as beings. But than again transracial is becomming a thing, so I don't know. STOP judging on skin color it doesn't make sense in anyway.
  • xXClaireXx
    I don't think you should stress yourself out over this. Jehovah tells us not to get vexed because he knows it'll bring stress and other health issues.
    Live your life and don't let foolish people keep you down. xx
  • BlondeBlueEyes84
    I only date white and East Asian girls. Or a mix between the two (Eurasian). I don't care about the rest.
    Whites and East Asians have established the most advanced civilizations known to man. Whites and East Asians are on average the most intelligent and educated.

By the way, I wouldn't date a girl who dated a non-white non-East Asian guy. It's about class, not race. Non-white non-East Asians are the bottom of the barrel, no matter what society they live in, no matter under what circumstances.
    • zagor

Yes, just non-Jewish Germans and Japanese.

Where have I heard that before...

• valeriewen

I don't know whether to upvote or downvote this.
      Upvote because I'm East Asian, downvote because, well, this is too racist a statement.

• @zagor

I really don't know where you could have heard that before. So Jews can't be white? And East Asians are not just Japanese, you know.

• fulloflife
    I like white guys, Spanish guys, and love light skin black guys
  • StreetLevel
    I don't know what planet you're on but there's a huge problem when a white female dates other races, especially black men.
  • Strider90
    The point is that interracial is disgusting. This whole text above doesn't matter.
    • dcK3514

You are ignorant. LOVE IS BLIND!

• Hey dude? Yeah have some respect. Love is love okay? Remember, LOVE HAS NO LABELS! Don't be rude and don't be hating.

• valeriewen

Interracial is fun hey.

• Marinepilot
    I'm mostly white and I've had many relationships with black women
    and they were good. Actually I've seen it more the other way. It seems
    that here in the Southeast society can accept a women of color/white guy relationship a lot better than a man of color with a white woman. Why I don't
    know. The group that I've seen scream more about mixed relationships are
    the Jewish communities. Why I don't know. I have many Jewish friends, but when
    it comes to mixed relationships they are very prejudiced. As liberal as they are on
    many issues, this is so hypocritical. And I tell them about it.
  • Kingfrosty
    I would never date a black girl and i'm black lol
    • bubble_tea

I hope you're joking :/

• Gojira

😴 Hook, line and sinker.

• Afrochick

lmao nice race bait

• silverfeline
    I'm sorry but what does WOC and POC mean? O_O
    • zagor

Women of Color, Person of Color.

Which are pretty silly terms since white is the presence of all colors whereas black is the absence of all colors.

• Wow I got down voted for a question? Also oooh I would have never guessed that and lol I like how you think.^^

• Kalibie

@zagor
      I'm pretty sure yellow is a color? πŸ˜‚

• ajayis4u
    Does anyone like light skinned brown guys?
  • HighlanderTheOne
    Fucks are precious. Don't waste them.
  • COCOCHANEL
    you have to just focus on yourself
    • my motto haha. just mind your biz and let everyone else do what they want to do.

• youknowitt
    Mixed babies are the light of the world 😍
  • DiegoO
    Indeed there are superficial people in this world.
  • Anonymous
    i dont mind some black beauty :)

but i do agree
    • ajayis4u

I like myself, but I find that I have not had the opportunity to meet the right girl.

• Anonymous
    Don't get me started. "Why can't you date a nice black man?" "That white boy looks racists!" "You can have any black man you want and you go for a cracker?"

I know it's beyond annoying, though I have heard plenty of nasty remarks when there's a black man with a White/Asian/Latina woman (mostly from the older generation) but I've noticed that a black woman with anyone other than a black man is made into a bigger deal. I'm lighter skinned too, but it doesn't make much of a difference. I just think a black man and white woman coupling is more accepted/"less shocking" than the other way around.

Those other people are superficial. There are plenty of things I will never understand like why some black men say they can't date a woman darker than them or flat out say they would never date a woman of their own race with a disgusted look on their face, or why white or even mixed/light skinned women are idealized and almost worshipped, while a black woman often gets the put down for being "too dark." Not generalizing here, but it's not a rare occurrence either. Unfortunately, this sort of closed minndedness is not limited to the black community. I really don't get it, but it's not my life and not my choice to make. Attraction is important, but I do consider it a bit limiting to say you would never date someone just based on the color of their skin.

Love is love and there's nothing else to it. Love isn't a gender or an age or a color. I've met plenty of good black men that I've been physically attracted to, but looks fade in time. What you've got left is the real person, if you have nothing in common, struggle to hold a conversation and are overall incompatible then what's the point? You don't have a relationship or get married to someone's skin, you commit yourself to the person. I really wish people could understand that. I just happened to fall head over heels in love with an amazing man that happens to be white. Don't let that ignorant crap get to you, you be with whoever you want to be with. It's been 7 years for me and I'm still in love with the same pastey white man, and other people opinion still don't matter.