Interracial Relationships

Interracial Relationships

I don't understand why people love it when an interracial relationship consists of a white female/POC Male but as soon as its POC/White Male there's always someone saying something negative. As a WOC who is attractive to guys of differences races I get told that I'm racist for my taste in men all of the time. Since race is a major thing with all of the the hate crimes going on, thats always being thrown out there. I always get asked the question "Why do you like them, you know they got small dicks but that BBC though" and shit like that. I've had several black guy friends who will straight up say "I hate black girls" or "I can't date a chick that's dark skinned" (YOU are dark skinned wtf) and even though I'm a light caramel color that pissed me off because I get called racist for saying I prefer dating other races mostly white guys but they can say that they hate black girls and everyone applaud them... I don't get it. Now on to when there is an actual relationship, everyone and their momma's support a black man and a white woman in a realtionship but when its the other way around there's someone rolling their eyes or asking why they are with with that person.

What I'm trying to say is a black woman does not have to fall in love with black men just because she's black. She can like other races without people without people trying to convince her otherwise.

3725

Most Helpful Guy

• Most people seemed to be in general are accepting of interracial dating. Most also seem accepting of racial preference. Meaning as a "WOC" if you only want white men then to most people it's fine. They don't consider that racist. My viewpoint is that there shouldn't favorites. There shouldn't be preferences when it comes to race. As a POC I feel like if you put one race over another you are being racist. I have no problem with interracial dating but it's a often occurrence that POC if they do interracial dating they prefer whites over any other race. That's racist to me. Doesn't mean you can't do what you want. By all means. It's just my view.

The dark skinned light skinned thing is ridiculous. It's a sign of self race hatred to me. I am light skinned, but I'm attracted to dark skinned girls and light skinned ones. To me I think their belief. Again not mine but their belief is probably this:

1. White
    2. Light skinned black girls
    3. Dark skinned black girls

Reasons for that? There are many I'm sure. One being media. Another may just be things like contrast.

Also, everyone does NOT support a black man dating a white woman. In fact it's only been 40 or 50 years since black men would get beat to death or hung for even talking to a white woman. I live in the south. People are more accepting of it now. I really don't see how that's a bad thing. I've been with white girls in the past and I thank God that I haven't been beaten or killed for it. Not everybody supports it though. Not only that but there are still a lot of white women who don't want anything to do with a black guy.

So I'm saying in my view people can do what they want, but I feel that people should like the human race and not black, white, w/e. Too many black women only want white men. Too many black men only want white women. What's wrong with your own race and all the other races besides white?

• I have a question about you living inthe south. If you had to guess, what percentage of white girls would not be open to black guys. What percentage of white guys would not be open to dating black women. Just out of curiosity.

• @LiveFreeorDieHard I'd say (again just a guess) about 52 percent of white girls are not open to black guys. Maybe just maybe some would give a black guy a chance but it would be like a "leap of faith" for them. So 48 percent would be open. I'd say (again just a guess) about 55 percent of white guys are not open to black girls. The reason why I say that is because it's just so uncommon to see it. I hardly ever see a white man with a black woman. Though maybe it's not a matter of openness but just a matter of not really being around black women much or maybe assuming that black women don't want them. Or maybe white girls jump on them before they really dive into trying black women.

Most Helpful Girl

• My brother married a black girl. At first our relatives gave him crap about it but she's such a sweetheart that even my grandparents love her now. My grandma says she's her favorite grandchild and she isn't really even her grandchild, haha. But yeah, they've been together for seven years and they're pretty much the perfect couple so nobody gives them crap anymore. I think you're going to have to spend some time debunking racial stereotypes in your relationships, but it'll be worth it if you're happy in the end.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 24

• As a black American, I'm all for interracial dating. Let people find love wherever they happen to find it.

However, it is very psychologically abnormal, for someone to NEVER find a single person of their own ethnicity attractive. I always feel people like this had some social or psychological damage in their live.

• I think think what matters most is that you love each other and are attracted to each other, skin color, sexual orientation none of that matters. I agree with your take, its not like that everywhere but in far to many places.

I hope you find someone you love and are attracted to and can be accepted.

• More up votes 4 u. 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

• Its a shame that in 2015 this is a topic for discussion.
    DATE WHO YOU LIKE AND EVERYONE ELSE MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS!!!

• Haha MHO for this My Take. It is. Shame that there isn't that option here.

*applauds profusely*

• "I don't understand why people love it when an interracial relationship consists of a white female/POC Male but as soon as its POC/White Male there's always someone saying something negative."

Not even remotely true. There was a Sears Christmas ad a while back that featured a black man and a white woman kissing. It was discontinued because a lot of men complained.

White man/non-white woman is much more commonly represented on television than the other way around.

"I've had several black guy friends who will straight up say "I can't date a chick that's dark skinned" (YOU are dark skinned wtf)"

So it's okay for yourself, a dark skinned girl, to date white guys. However it's somehow not okay for a dark skinned guy to date white girls?

You're just another one of those non-white women trying to rationalize her intense preference for white men by trying to play the victim, so that you don't feel guilty. It's rather common among non-white women who exclusively date white men. Here's another example: www.xojane.com/.../asian-woman-dating-asian-men-jenny-an

First of all: Maybe see a psychiatrist. I'm seeing this post recurring virtually every day, and I have a feeling that it's the same person posting.

Second of all: Date whomever the fuck you want.

HOWEVER:

STOP playing victim.
    STOP throwing non-white men under the bus. You like white guys because that's your preference, not because of some other poorly rationalized reason which places the blame on non-white men.
    STOP complaining that white guys don't want to date you. You have your preferences, someone else can have theirs, and that can include not being attracted to black girls.

I hope you find peace.

• you are not getting the whole point on what I'm saying, I'm stating that in most black families at least from my experience people don't really try to convince the poc guy to get another girl but when a poc girl has a white guy there's several reasons for her to get rid of him. And I'm not dark skinned as I stated in the earlier post, but I clearly said I'm being called racist by other black men and women when the same men said they would NEVER date a dark skinned girl as if there's something wrong with them. And have you ever thought that there's more out there besides me dealing with this? Why would I post the same fucking thing everyday? I'm not THAT pressed about this situation bc Its nothing new I've dealt with this since I was little

• If anyone needs to chill out it is you - not the take owner.

• Take owners whole point flew over your head in an amazing speed OP

• This white guy would love to meet an intelligent slender/fit black woman. The same qualities I look for in all women. I'm just not into "thick" regardless of color.

People should mind their own business on who other people choose to date.

• Wish i could up vote this a few times. Especially the last sentence. 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

• Great take :)
    For some reason people sometimes give me weird looks when I say I'm into Asian and Latino girls. Just because I'm White doesn't mean I have to go only for White girls. I like them too, but Asian girls seem to have better personalities.

As for Black girls, I just don't find them attractive. There are the rare few that I could say are good looking, but I couldn't imagine myself sleeping with them since I have never gotten an erection from a Black girl. It has nothing to do with racism, just sexual preference.

• I agree with you. Some people just have different preferences. I tend to avoid dating blacks. Partly because I am tired of being proven wrong about blacks fitting so many of their stereotypes, and partly because I am just, for the most part, not physically attracted/attractive to them.

Why should I or anyone else be blamed and called racist for having a preference? Should I be insulted for disliking the color pink as well? Love who you love, and if it happens to not be a race or skin tone then so be it. Someone will come along and love them in return eventually.

• @StreetLevel Its not about being open or close minded. You make it seem like I should just go out there and find a Black girl I like. The problem is, there aren't any. Even those with great personalities. It's like saying I should date a fat short girl. They turn me off, it's innate.

• latino girls everytime

• Don't go by what others think, go by how you feel, what makes you happy. Personally I can find a girl from any race attractive, really doesn't matter to me.

• I'm mostly white and I've had many relationships with black women
    and they were good. Actually I've seen it more the other way. It seems
    that here in the Southeast society can accept a women of color/white guy relationship a lot better than a man of color with a white woman. Why I don't
    know. The group that I've seen scream more about mixed relationships are
    the Jewish communities. Why I don't know. I have many Jewish friends, but when
    it comes to mixed relationships they are very prejudiced. As liberal as they are on
    many issues, this is so hypocritical. And I tell them about it.

• Fucks are precious. Don't waste them.

• confused af. Only people I won't date are for religious reasons not race or anything

• Usually men of most cultures and races prefer light or fair skinned women. It's evolutionary biology.

• I read an article on this years ago, virgin like innocence/youth etc. But there's a huge stigma for darker women that is beyond an evolutionary bend and more towards discrimination.

• This is just straight up not true. There are cultures that do idolise lighter skin, but not MOST cultures. In fact, a lot of people around the world don't care about it. Please, get your information before making silly generalisations.

• Do a little Google search ablution physical attraction and read the Wikipedia article.

• Indeed there are superficial people in this world.

• Does anyone like light skinned brown guys?

• I only date white and East Asian girls. Or a mix between the two (Eurasian). I don't care about the rest.
    Whites and East Asians have established the most advanced civilizations known to man. Whites and East Asians are on average the most intelligent and educated.

By the way, I wouldn't date a girl who dated a non-white non-East Asian guy. It's about class, not race. Non-white non-East Asians are the bottom of the barrel, no matter what society they live in, no matter under what circumstances.

• Yes, just non-Jewish Germans and Japanese.

Where have I heard that before...

• @valeriewen - from my study of Asian ethnicities, Far East Asians included Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Taiwanese while Thai, Vietnamese, Laotian, Cambodian, Malaysian, Philippines are considered South East Asians. (Neither a complete list). Not looking for argument. Just offering my input. I've lived in Japan and Philippines for some years. im extremely partial to Asian women and cultures. All of them. I'm not into racial squabbles as I'm steadily starting to discount the whole race thing. Anyway...

• Taiwanese here, when the fuck has Thailand and shit been east Asian, they're way different I can tell you guys apart from us like a mile away.
      That's like calling an Italian Scandinavian =_=

• I would never date a black girl and i'm black lol

• The point is that interracial is disgusting. This whole text above doesn't matter.

• You are ignorant. LOVE IS BLIND!

• Lol I don't know what is more disgusting. Interracial relationships or this attitude of full on hating on other human beings.

• Oh wait. I do know. It is a no brainer :P

• i dont mind some black beauty :)

but i do agree

• I like myself, but I find that I have not had the opportunity to meet the right girl.

• What the fuck? I have never heard no one applaud black men for hating black women. What I don't get is that when white people have a preference, its usually for their own, but blacks usually hate themselves and other blacks have preferences for just whites only and that's weird and creepy. Its like they think that just dating a white person will make their lives so much better guaranteed. I'm open to date interracial , but I'm not going to chase other races down and worship them. If I meet a woman and she just happens to be a different race, so be it. All so what I don't understand is how the media and entertainment over encourage WOC to only date white guys. Why not Hispanic guys? Why not Asian guys? The media NEVER encouraged MOC to only date white women... Even before white women started dating outside their race, they were never encouraged by the media and society to do so like WOC are today. Like in Hollywood, A-list WOC actresses enhance their career by dating and doing interracial romance movies/ tv shows with white men, while a A- list white actress can ruin their career by doing interracial romance movies /tv shows with MOC.

• ... Do you know how much fucktardery you just spewed? And you're HOW old?

• That's just your lame opinion. I speak the truth, Guess that's why I have a lot of up votes.

• You're all wrong and exaggerating. I mean, I'm sure you're NOT exaggerating about the negative looks and the brainwashed attitudes. Of that i have no doubt. But "everyone loves poc make with white female interracial relationships"? Uh - no. Not everyone. Not even close. I would say it's more like more people accept it cuz it's old hat. And WOC with White male, I'm not going to say you're exaggerating on the hate you get from blacks either. You're probably right on point there too.

Any black male that says either (take your pic cuz both are caused by the same thing) a: "i don't find black women (as a whole group) attractive. OR

B: "I only find white (as whole group) attractive"

Is suffering from an intentional, forced condition of brainwashing imagery manipulation and "the grass is greener" syndrome. They are asleep and blinded by ignorant stupidity. Evade, avoid, ignore and stay away from them at all cost. They know not what they do.

We all know that there's physical attractiveness in all races, color, ethnics and cultures. Plus the personal preference factors. Done get me wrong, there's nothing wrong or racist about a WOC having a preference for white male looks, or vice versa. Or anyone having any preference. In my book. But, when it come to white women there is the issue of mainstream media brainwashing and imagery manipulation. Any male type has to ask himself, including white men (but they can get away with defaulting.) "do I really prefer white women, really and truly in my heart over everything else? Or have I been programmed to think so my entire life, subliminally, by mainstream media and it's imagery manipulation?"

It's worse with many black guys though because they take it hook line and sinker including the other side which the same system programs them to hate black women and see them as ugly. It's not totally their fault. But the weaker the man the harder it will be for him to wake up and see that he's been had.

What I'm saying is that people with these attitudes and views yoke mention are stuck, stupid, and will be left behind.

Avoid, ignore, evade and keep clear. You go one your way and let ignorant, blind, unconscious stupidity go it's way. Let it talk and say what it wants. You just keep steppin on your way and don't let the media fool you. Stick with real people in the real world.

• Sorry i downvoted you lol, can't correct it somehow. I agree with you though

• Yeah. Look at okcupid statistics. Most people prefer to date within their own race, except for black guys, even though black girls are mostly into black guys. According to the stats, black guys in general prefer Latina or Hispanic women. Black women get pretty shafted... :/

But. I don't really hear much about people talking about white guys and black chicks. I wasn't aware that was an issue. Pretty much everyone you talk to says they're fine with anyone dating anyone.

Also, the biggest dick in the world is white. You could pretty much use that both ways it can be said.

• Biggest dick in the world is Latino.

• 2nd biggest dick in the world is brown. Why? We created sexual positions.

• OP, maybe it's cause you're an antagonistic moron, that you're seeing things that aren't there and extrapolating society-wide based on one or two experiences? Maybe. Just maybe. But I'm sure you could never possibly consider that you are wrong. Despite being factually wrong about the largest dick in the world. And, exactly where are these hate crimes going on?

• More from Guys
    4

What Girls Said 36

• I can see where you're coming from in a way. I know that there are tons of men from all races who have bashed WM/BW relationships and many black men feel that BW shouldn't 'step out'... even though they do it themselves. Or it's some type of stereotype being said as you've described.

I think it has to do with exposure. There are many white woman and minority male relationships in the media and entertainment, but not so much of the reverse. With more exposure, I think it will be more accepted... except by retarded racists. :)

• "There are many white woman and minority male relationships in the media and entertainment, but not so much of the reverse."

This isn't even remotely true. Might have been true for Black women back in the 90s, but definitely not minorities in general, and definitely not any racial group now.

• You must be blind. I see plenty of white woman/minority male relationships EVERYWHERE including on television and in the entertainment industry. Just because YOU don't see it doesn't make it true.

• Well most times there's an interracial relationship in the media it's a white man.

• It's ridiculous to call you a racist over your preference. It's not like your treating black men poorly or refusing them work opportunities, refusing them service where you work, or even refusing to talk to them -- all because they are simply black. That sort of thing IS racist. What you're describing is more race fetishism.

I'm in an interracial marriage and I took flak from my husband's family and people who are now former friends of his of his race who had an issue with me being white. Not even giving me a chance to know me, just an outright refusal to accept me and even as far as to make comments about "those people" when referring to whites. When I met him, I loved his look. I made no apology for it. I wasn't racist against whites, as being racist isn't what I'm about. People need to learn what the definition of racism is before being getting their torque loose over what they think is expected of you for something as stupid as a physical preference for someone.

• Whenever one makes a Take regarding race and dating, black women are usually the main target and it sickens me. Sickens me because I can't read a single comment that doesn't consist of some ruthless guy going anonymous just to say how they aren't attracted to black women because of A, B or C. I just laugh. I certainly have no issues getting a date, but I wouldn't feel comfortable dating certain guys regardless of race, but will their family accept me? And will mine accept theirs?

• Yeah. Family is usually the main problem.

• @33adam I never said that. My family didn't like a few guys that I was talking to who were the same race as me. So it's not about that, it's about whether or not they'll give me a hard time or not. I've dated a white guy my freshman year of college and my mom loved that he was a biology student and his mother loved that I was trying to become a teacher as she was a teacher herself. My family isn't unreasonable so for that reason their opinion does hold strong.

• Thanks for your answer love, your parents must be lovely people. Don't mind opinions from mates fro your neighbourhood, they are just being jelous so thats whay shouting some bad names in your direction.

• I get so much shit from black men for dating men who are NOT black.. i get called "Racist" "Coon" "Slave" White lover" "Traitor" So much more. I dont see the big issue, plenty of black men date outside their race and a lot of times [not all the time] people don't bat an eye, Right when a black woman does it, negativity spews out of every direction. I got told i date white men for financial reasons, i'm a nurse i can take care of myself. Besides i also like hispanic/lation - Asian & etc.
    People need to mind their own business, who i date shouldn't effect their life in any way.

• It's sad to say, but a lot of people still have that stick to your own kind mentality. I personally don't really care. If you love them then that's what matters. I've gotten called names and accused of hating my own race because I like white guys too. But liking white guys doesn't mean that I don't like black guys. Both of my ex's are black. And outside of them, not too many black guys show interest in me. White guys do. And I never talk bad about black guys, but I've heard some of the negative things about us. It's sickening. And then the same black men that bash us are the same ones butt hurt when they see us with a non black man. Makes no sense.

• Actually, from my experience being a white girl dating a black boy, you wouldn't believe how many dirty looks we got from other black people. Other white people didn't seem to care so much, but the guys would always act like I was only in it for his "big dick" (how a 15-year-old boy can have a big dick regardless of race is beyond me...). As for my relationship now, where my boyfriend is Latino, the only people that seem to care are my grandparents (products of their time and all). We do get some amused looks when we go to Chipotle though and he always gets white rice and I always get brown lol.

• Because I've been seeing variants of this question/take/rant. I'll join the discussion and say this: Fuck what everyone else says date a white guy if that's who you want to date. If you encounter one that you aren't his preference then go find one that doesn't care what your complexion is. It may take a while but there's plenty out there. Just dont leak desperation or holding back that you're scared of what people might think.

As for the coupling that's always going to get bashed bc people are still very ignorant. As for those black men Im like the ignorance is strong with you bc what is your mother or one of your grandmothers, your ancestors?

• You are so right! I think it has to do with perceptions of femininity and masculinity among races- black men are usually perceived as being more masculine than a white counterpart with a similar personality. You're totally allowed to have your type though. And what's the stigma against dating a black girl? bull

• I get where you are coming from. I am not black or east Asian. I am pakistani. Whilst i like some pakistani men, I also like north African men from places like tunisia morocco etc and also white men. In fact the only men I don't find attractive are black men (except a young denzel washington). No one would care if i was walking with a pakistani or north African man but if i was walking with a black or white man I would definitely get dirty looks. In the same way i think white women who go out with men of other races would get dirty looks from some white men - basically it is all about some (not all) men feeling rejected and threatened by what they class as their own women.

You go out with as many white men as you want.

To the people whining about a lot of posts about dark skinned women feeling bad about themselves - you will never understand how tough a lot of black women have it until you are actually one - so do one.

• "In fact the only men I don't find attractive are black men"

Being a black man seems just as hard.

• I guess I'm riding the proverbial elephant in this room because I'm white and prefer dating men of color. That doesn't mean I don't find white guys attractive, I do, I just prefer a relationship with black men because that is what I'm used to, it's the culture of men I mostly identify with, and frankly black men make me feel like a princess. My parents divorced when I was 5 and my mom re-married a black man with children so I grew up with a black step dad and 3 black older brothers. We moved to a mostly black neighborhood and I assimilated with black culture early on. I never considered dating a white guy until I was in college. I like white guys ok, I think they're cute, I just never went out with a white guy who gave me that chill like black guys give me. It feels awkward to me. Occasionally I will still go out with white guys if I meet one that's hot but it never really works out for me. I think interracial relationships are the best of all worlds myself. I see myself marrying a black man when I'm ready to settle down.

• I'm all for interracial relationships of any kind! To me, an attractive guy is an attractive guy. His race doesn't matter at all. But I get what you mean, especially your point about the whole reversal of genders when it comes to interracial dating. For example, a white guy is dating an Asian girl, and no one says anything. But if it's a white girl dating an Asian guy, people suddenly have plenty to say. As a white girl who's very attracted to Asian guys, I find this very annoying. In the end, we're all people. Why can't we just get along? :)

• The world is a mix of people. Liars, bastards, bellends, cuties, honest ones, etc. You cannot have a perfect world.

Just ignore it. Personally I prefer to date within my race but I'm not adverse to dating outside it. My brothers wife isn't white - she's Madagascan.

Just go with it. People will hate you for something whether it's your skin, gender, nose size, dick size, tummy size, foot size or whatever. Do what makes you happy and screw the world

• I don't get this when it comes to guys also. It makes no sense, and that part about dark skinned girl is painfully rampant. I even made a myTake to help some of these girls out with their self-esteem.
    www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a11514-dark-skinned-girls

• Nice take!

I agree with you and I don't understand why is such a big deal for some people.
    They should mind their own business instead of criticizing other people's relationships.

• you have to just focus on yourself

• I think interracial relationships are no different than same-race relationships. I mean, I've only dated white guys, but I've been having more of a preference for black guys in the past few years. I don't think it's anyone else's business who someone chooses to love, no matter what color their skin is.

• I'm sorry but what does WOC and POC mean? O_O

• Women of Color, Person of Color.

Which are pretty silly terms since white is the presence of all colors whereas black is the absence of all colors.

• @zagor
      I'm pretty sure yellow is a color? 😂

• OK, so the Simpson's are POC...

• I think so too , and i think love has no limits or rules especially not race , and everyone has his own preferance ^^ i am arab and my boyfriend is Asian and we love eachother so much :)

• skin color is just skin color. There is only one race and that is the human race. And if you beleive in religion or science they both say we are ALL related. To judge one on their skin color makes no sense. WE all came from Africa , so we where all dark at sometime. LOL, the fact that we will and probably always judge eachother on skin color means we as human will never evolve as beings. But than again transracial is becomming a thing, so I don't know. STOP judging on skin color it doesn't make sense in anyway.

• Fucking preach the shit out of this. Like most black men are ignorant and I have yet to date one that isn't. That's why I'm not that attracted to them. I too get shit for that from my family and I fucking hate it.

• Ohh yes like remember that one guy who was like black girls are rachet I was like looking at him with a wtf look

• More from Girls
    16