What Attracts You More: Face or Body?

What Attracts You More: Face or Body?

The most attractive thing about you should have less to do with your face or body and more to do with your heart and how you treat people.

I am pretty sure we all can agree with the above quote.

But in all truth, how many of us actually apply those words to our dating life?

There's a greater portion of humans than are willing to admit, that will completely turn someone down based on an appearance given to them by genetics.

None of us got to decide our race or facial features. Whether we like the way we look or not, we just have to live with it (unless we were born into fame and fortune and can alter our appearance like countless celebrities).
Some of us are fortunate to have been born with great looks. It makes life easier in certain aspects; it definitely can work in ones advantage.

Along with one's naturally good looks, they have the choice of whether they want to add to their appeal by taking great care of our bodies or not paying attention to it (by lack of exercise and eating unhealthy foods).

When a person neglects their body, no matter how "attractive" they are facially, it is a deal breaker for those who feel a great body is a must have.

Neglecting your body can lead to obvious weight gain along with other health issues.

Some people would rather their person of interest have a great body, and a face that's not very attractive versus someone who has a attractive face and a unappealing body.

Unattractive (Not good looking) Face, Appealing body

What Attracts You More: Face or Body?

What Attracts You More: Face or Body?

Attractive (Average face), Unappealing body

What Attracts You More: Face or Body?

What Attracts You More: Face or Body?

I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder and some people would generally think none of the above photos are that bad. However, it is apparent that the first two people have far better bodies than their face. In other words, I would give a different rating for their faces than I would their bodies. The last two, aren't bad looking people facially, however their body weight would be a deal breaker for some people.

Which holds more importance to you when it comes to dating, the face or body?

Lets pretend you couldn't choose both and it had to be one or the other.

Be honest!

3063
Stacyzee is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• Face because you can change your body any time. In fact, I never approached a girl for her body. It's her face what attracts me (considering she has a tolerable body). My friends consider me weird for not caring about body and my standards are too damn high when it comes to face.

Realistically, I will get a girl who has both because there are billions of options and I certainly consider myself to be way better than an average guy. But for the sake of your question, I'll go for a face even tho I should choose body, because that represents what you ARE, how you maintained yourself unlike face, what you get just luckily.

Obesity will cause you diabetes, heart attacks and various other problems, making my love life shorter, but still, I don't think I can kiss an ugly face unless she saves my life. Yes, I'm that shallow.

Most Helpful Girl

• Face definitely.

When it comes to body mostly I just don't want fat or scrawny. Anything within the average range is attractive to me if the dude has a cute face.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 62

• The face: you look at it more often, it remains when the body ages and the body can be worked on. Plus I've always had a thing for pretty faces while I don't care nearly as much for boobs or butts. I've liked skinny, flat girls, chubby girls and everything in between but they always had a face I found pretty.

• I'm going to have to be honest Stacyzee. I am a man of the body. I love a woman's face too, as well as her personality above all. I detest these loser neckbeards who have no problem degrading women via prostitution. But as far as sexual attraction goes, I like the body. The female anatomy to me is simply irresistible. Especially the legs and feet.

• The face if the most important, cause you can't change it without plastic surgery, where someone who is just overweight, can just work to get healthier.

• I think faces are more important, but they really go together. I may find a girl's face beautiful, but if her body is unattractive, I won't be interested. However, if I'm not attracted to her face, she could have a perfect 10 body and I wouldn't care.

• Wow, good examples (extreme!). I would have to go with body. I think there are other kinds of bad bodies besides fat, but fat is definitely bad! A fat body can mess up a cute face, like it does for the girl here.

• Face. I know someone with a killer body, but her face was just hideous, so no. And I know a woman with a hot face, but is a bit overweight, but I liked her.

• Definitely face. She can always change her body through work.

• Def face, body can change (fairly easily with some dedication).

• These questions keep. coming, but when your heart stumbles on someone, all these theories fail. You just like the person and no past theories make sense or hold true.

• body i think matters more if face isn't bad.

sex is so much better with a nice curvy body.

curvy girls have tighter pussies generally. skinny hcicks have lose pusssies

• What attracts me to a women in every case is her personalty... it is a must that we connect on that level and you know the saying.. looks are only skin deep..

• I know I'm following your question and I'm sorry for that, but I would rather be with a 4-5/10 with a good personality than a 10/10 with a poor personality

• Body!!
    I want girl with ass & some thigh.. Im pretty big in the pants & skinny girls with big dongs dont work!
    If a girl got a big ass with body and ugly face ill go for it

• Well I mean I hate to be that guy but I am old and personality means more. Id date the one I liked more. Though if both of them were perfectly equal Id tahe the body over the face.

• face as long as the body is not fat, iam not looking for a great body average does it for me but a pretty face is important.

• Ugh I think both matter,, but the face matters more because your body can be changed, but your face can't

• Both is important but the face is a bit more important, although, the face doesn't help much if the body is fat.

• Can't do one or the other, maybe if I want to drunkenly bang a girl who doesn't mind wearing a paper bag haha. But she's got to have both.

• Face because the body can be fixed with fitness and nutrition.

• To me the face is more important... I mean it's not like I'm gonna be watching her tits/ass/legs all the time xD

• Face hands down, body is nice but I'll rather have less then average body and above average face, than less then average face and above average body.

• As a matter of face, when we are Young, we'll check for both. It's like expecting a food item to be Delicious in view & Taste. But when time passes other qualities like love, attitude, behavior, other things plays a key role.

• the face is more important, she can always go to the gym to work on that body.

• after watching the pictures i would say body attracts me more

• Thanks for this. Next time some dumb girl on here tells me just to 'work out' to become good looking I'm going to link her to this so she can see how little worth working out has when you are ugly.

• I need both, but the face comes first... since that's what I'm always looking at!

• body.. the face doesn't have to be pretty like a model

• A great body is awwwweeesome but a good face is necessary. So face>body.

• Definitely face. Any girl can get a nice body but you can't get a new face

• I guess if I had to pick one body is more important. But seriously, if I have to put a bag on her head or turn off the lights and pretend she's someone else why bother at all? That only works for so long. And that quote is one of those old meme's that is total horseshit, right up there with "time heals all wounds" (it doesn't). The real world doesn't work like that. In reality personality doesn't mean much if you are unattractive to the point no one wants to even talk to you or be seen with you in public to learn about it.

• Show more from Guys
    32

What Girls Said 29

• Face for sure. Whenever I look at someone I judge their attraction on their face because body shape isn't an issue. I like a little cushion as much as a chocolate bar chest.

• Girls will most likely choose face guys will most likely choose body. I mean that first chick is ugly but her body is nice. And many men will call her hot lol. Men and women can't be anymore different when it comes to this. I choose face, if your ugly your ugly no amount of titty implants or muscles will change it. But if your like the big chick a body can be worked on.

• That's a lie. Just because a guy fucks a low standard girl doesn't mean much. I have freinds who have sex with girls they don't think are all too great. They just a want the sex. Also, there would be a difference between a one night girl where her body means more than a girlfriend who's face is more important

• @Shsqdadda
      Ey id have to disagree. Men I've known dont really care too much about the face as long as its not hideous and she looks good with makeup. they need arm candy

• Face... As long as the body isn't very, very fat, I wouldn't really care about that. You can change your body, but not your face... Unless you get plastic surgery, but not many would put time and effort into that.

• Face for me. You can always work on your body, but an ugly face can't be fixed.

• Face for sure. I'm gonna be looking at the face every single time I will see that person, its way more important than the body.

• Both... However I will look at how you treat people and the way you dress before I start a conversation with you and learn of your personality... Then I fall for the person...

• Face definitely! You are usually are first attracted to someone when they have clothes on, then you get to know them and their personality, then when you get physical you see their body.
    If a guy is very hairy though it can be a turn off..

• There has to be a small portion of physical attraction to connect with someone that you want to date. I'd say face!

• Face because the body can always lose weight and look better. The face you can't change it naturally so it's going to stay the way it is.

• Face. I do care about the body but a nice smile and eyes are the best for me

• The first thing u see is obviously the face and body, but a real lover would look past all that and into the inside

• Face. body can always be worked on, unless it's out of control.

• I'm ugly all around. Having a nice heart seems great, but when you're ugly, nobody cares.

• Body

• Face for me.

• Face.

• Usually face

• I'd like a bit of both. But face wins for me.

• Face (>/=) body

• Face and body together.

• Face face face.

• Face

• the guy with unattractive face :-D

• Face! :)

• there have to be a balance between face and body

• Body definitely

• face

• Both are important for me

• Always the face. I never understand why ugly people work out to make their bodies look better. No one cares about their body. I understand why people work out for health reasons. There is nothing wrong with that. However I know a girl who eats healthy and works out not for health reasons, but to get a hot body. Her face isn't attractive at all. She knows it. So she tries to compensate for her face. It's pointless though. She just turned 30 and she still hasn't had a relationship.

• had no idea girls thought this way

• So u are saying that is why black men workout? ?
      Anyone can have at least one good facial feature whether its nice lips or pretty eyes with a nice body to help out ur look (:

• I didn't say anything about black men. I don't get it. What does this have to do with black guys who work out?