I Would Rather Settle Than Be ALONE!

Anonymous

So here it goes....

I Would Rather Settle Than Be ALONE!

I am a 26 year old female, with a good job, graduate degree, own my own home, and honestly, not to brag- but I am decent looking. I always hear my friends and family tell me "what a catch you are!" But yet I continue dating a guy that is well below my level. He is in debt, doesn't shower daily, acts like a child and really is quite lazy and irresponsible. We have our fair share of fights and I am quite tired of him... but here it goes... I would rather date him than be alone.

I Would Rather Settle Than Be ALONE!

I am way too tired to put in effort in the dating world, and having someone in my home with whom I can eat with and watch tv is sufficient to make me happy. After work I am exhausted and the last thing I want to do is think about going out and meeting a man that I may or many not deserve.

I Would Rather Settle Than Be ALONE!

Sometimes settling isn't the worst thing in the world. In fact I have learned to accept it and live with it. Sure I could do better, sure I can find someone that treats me right and is on the same level of intellectualism and emotional stability... but I'm fine and yes I'll settle.

I Would Rather Settle Than Be ALONE!
17
5

Most Helpful Guy

• Mrwoo99
    I would rather be alone than spend time and put up with self entitled feminazis/career women/so called strong independent women like you.

Also women who own their home, have good jobs and degree qualifications doesn't make you a catch sweetheart, obviously feminism has lied to you or fed you some false prophet that women can attract men the same way men can attract women. Men are wired different and want their women beach body ready if you actually want to be a catch.

media4.s-nbcnews.com/.../...d1b0a1b35a64ecc9fa.jpg

I love the double standard.
    Is this still revelant?

Most Helpful Girl

Scroll Down to Read Other Opinions

416
  • JudgmentDay
    If that is truly what you want then so be it. However, but what if that is not truly what your current boyfriend wants? Because if that is the case then there are going to be problems later on down the road. Expect the unexpected.
  • Kiran04
    Women always confuse "not settling" with "only dating the richest, hottest, most cucked man you can find". Not settling does not mean you get to be the pickiest bitch on the block. There is a happy medium in between. Now, your current boyfriend might not make that cut, but there millions of other men who do. Don't fall for this, "aim for the stars" bullshit. Aim appropriately and understand your limitations.
  • Liisjak
    He doesn't shower daily? Wait what? Are you dating a homeless guy?
    And that's the reason why everybody is unhappy, you settle for shit and afterwards you complain about how messed your life is. in my opinion, it's better to be alone than in bad company.
  • Dargil
    In the end, we all do. The key is to adjust your attitude to "This is good enough" and run with it, never looking back or across the fence.
  • SovereignessofVamps
    But if you settle, you guys might clash and you could easily end up alone anyway.
  • BertMacklinFBI
    "Nothing is worse than eating a meal alone"

- I forgot
  • pavlove
    Who you date reveals what you believe you deserve no amount of success is going to be able to change that for you your work to healing is internal
  • gobsmacked3
    as soon as you mention 'levels', it stands out why you are alone
  • CancerianMan81
    then give the guy a shot chances are he could be stuck in a rut and can't find a way to get himself out
  • datgirl
    Yea, remind me to never take dating advice from you.
  • Izumiblu
    I totally do not get this...
  • AleDeEurope
    Yeah, you're not a total catch xD
  • May god have mercy on whoever gets with you.
  • Phoenix98
    Uh ok?
  • Kachatterjee
    Good one.
  • Unit1
    Suit yourself.
  • Silver158
    I would rather be Alone than settle.
  • Anonymous
    single n happy lol
  • Anonymous
    "He is in debt, doesn't shower daily, acts like a child and really is quite lazy and irresponsible. We have our fair share of fights and I am quite tired of him... but here it goes... I would rather date him than be alone."

Hmmm!

Assuming that all the information you have given us is correct, this would be a reasonable decision making process at the age of 36 with children to take into account.

At 26 though?

You still have looks, youth and, we assume, nulliparity.

Use them!
  • Anonymous
    The irony of all of this? He's the one that is settling...