The Only Thing Worse Than Online Dating: Video Dating

I had written a past mytake about Online dating not being for everyone. But I found something even worse than that, Its called video dating.

This concept was used in the 80's and 90's even into the modern day. Even Ellen Degenres had some of these people on her show years later to find out most are still single.

This type of my take is different than most of mine. Instead of me telling you why I think it's horrible, I am going to show you why it's horrible.

No wonder she can"t get any dates, she's just in it for the free stuff.

Is it just me or does the guy in the viking costume seem to be the only halfway normal guy? Even though he looks like he just walked off the set of the Ray Stevens music video Erik The Awful

Just watch these videos, and you will understand why Video Dating is an awful concept.

#Videodating

#Cringe

710
smahala1991 is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girl

• To be fair though, remember that the alternative was ads in the paper or lonely heart clubs where singles got together in awkward situations. The videos are awful, sure, but the ads on the online dating sites now are probably just as awful for the most part. Back in the 80s you couldn't find a picture of some hot guy and then copy and paste some text from another ad about how awesome you are. The media option you had was a video and you can't fake that. The guy who followed Trenita on the first video? Holy crap! He thought that was going to get him a date? (about 5:55 in)

The styles are hilarious though, and this is coming from a girl who wears 70s clothes by choice.

A friend has a reel of audition videos that have been sent into casting directors over the last 10 years. These are actors and actresses that supposedly are comfortable in front of the camera and trust me, some of those "I'm an actor, hire me" videos are no better than these.

Most Helpful Guy

• I wrote in my book The Art of Online Seduction that video is the future. The next great dating app will be a mix of vine and snapchat. What you have here is horrific and will not be the future. Snap Chat gets 6 billion video views a day. I can't tell you how may people ask me how I can snap chat this guy to see if he likes me or wants to go out. It's only a matter of time before online dating gets in the mix.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 6

• The 80's were cringe worthy in so many ways. The second video, oh my gosh. Haha, 3:54 kinda looks like a young, slim, Ted Cruz.

• Hahahaha, yeahhhh, this thing was a bit of a trainwreck.

• Jeff in the first video looks like Dwight from the office 😂

• i cringed so hard while watching the first video lmfao

• These are all cringeworthy.

• Sooo much simpler to Skype.

What Guys Said 9