The Destruction of the American Father

Not yet another take demonizing women but like women are at fault for this and so are men...

I was getting drinks with a couple. it was the girl's birthday and she called her boyfriend and idiot for not realizing something simple like forgetting where he parked the car or something. and i thought to myself, if he called her an idiot for the same thing the whole table would shift their collective heads in judgmental staresa at him. why the double standard?

The Destruction of the American Father

I think it starts at the home, the American home, since that's my culture. For some reason, it's become the thing to treat the father like a twidling oaf who couldn't make it very long without his wife who's obviously the brains behind the family structure. Doesn't matter if he's a doctor and she's a housewife, she is the smart one and most rational when it comes to family stuff. If he gets a little pudgy around the midsection she can tease him about it and the kids follow suit but run for your life if he calls her a little pudgy around the midsection.

This is repeated in popular television, social media etc. The idea of the American dad as some kind of joke of a man. As this guy who begs for sex and who's life is made when his wife finally decides to give him his once a week happy time. who even though he works all day, doesn't get a moments peace at home and shouldn't expect it. Who's expected to understand when his wife chooses to go to an office party instead of their dinner date but again god help him if he decides to go to an office retreat instead of that paris trip he talked about in passing. It's also for some reason fine if he spoils his daughter and outright prefers her company but he's a devil if he feels more connected with his son and spoils him and gives him a lot of attention as his pride and joy.

The Destruction of the American Father

This has had a cumulative effect to where the American father is not what he should be. Daughters learn its ok to make fun of daddy and develop really bratty behavior (a huge reason for guys dumping girls that guys never cop to is because they act like brats) Sons don't respect their fathers or think they're that all that awesome and in some cases are even told by their mothers to be "nothing like your father" when they grow up and follow suit. By the time they realize your dad was struggling form a culture that was repressing and pushing him down its too late he's become that dad.

Here's the thing, it's not a bad thing for women to be able to tease their husbands and in fact a wife who's too submissive is a bad example for her daughter who has a right to have opinions and make jokes around the guys she will date and marry. But only to the extent that she is willing to take it given right back to her. a woman should never put her hands on a guy in a violent way (unless he likes that kind of thing) a woman should never outright insult a guy and not expect whatever her reaction to being insulted would be. it's not about being tough enough its about the fact that the joke in question was intended as a put down and not a laugh (i agree men should be able to take a joke) in other words women, it's not ok for you to take out your anger through barrage of insults and put downs because if nothing else your own safety. you don't know what a guy is capable of and you don't want to keep poking until you find out (well some of you do but you shouldn't)

find a man that is connected with his father who's learned the spirit of the male experience and is at peace with it. Show your father more respect and admiration than maybe he even has earned and do so because he's your father. it will make things a lot more harmonious

1227
pavlove is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's all about respect. You included a picture from the movie American Beauty which expands on this very subject. Growing up, I've seen commercials where the wife questions her husband about why he's in their fridge looking for food, where the husband breaks the washer machine and is either made fun of for attempting to fix it or put into the ground for trying to prove his "manliness" - and, for some unknown reason, there's no in between for men. If they're masculine then they're considered dominant, aggressive and controlling. If they're the opposite then they're weak, a sissy, pussy whipped by their wives. It's somehow okay to poke fun at his weight and appearance, his level of manliness, his performance in bed, how much money he makes, etc. Some wives feel that by doing this they're keeping their man in check so he won't get a big ego or even cheat. I wasn't aware men "needed" to be reminded of their supposed, imagined place. I think it's because there's no respect. Some women treat men like they're idiots. Some wives treat their husbands like he's an overgrown child. And it doesn't help that some men cave into this twisted way of thinking because it's how they were raised and what they expect when they marry. Like they have to ask for permission to do things or spend money, like they have to create a joint Facebook account with their name and their wife's name meshed together to make a ridiculous moniker, like they're an idiot for not being able to fix something or if they forget soemthing. Men have been told for so long that they're unimportant, they only ever cause problems due to their selfishness, all they think about and all they're good for is sex. I don't know about y'all but I think it's demeaning, degrading and outright disgusting.

Most Helpful Guy

• Men today are pathetic simps. For one you spend most of your time on how you can change yourself for women to get pussy, like female pics on FB/social media, and basically allocate a large percentage of your life towards worshipping women.

Men also today are misandry to their own gender and will sell out their own values/belief if they think it can get them pussy. So many times we've seen how pathetic men on gag have been with their captain save a ho mentality thinking being a white knight will get them nudes.

Men also don't stand up for themselves, when they do get a girl. They are so afraid of her leaving them that they let her get away with it, sometimes even convincing themselves that they give them a pass because they love them.

Also, women are smart. When it comes to picking of mates many women will have fun with dominant men who lead them in their youth and if it doesn't work out will pick a submissive male who they can control and walk all over to be their husband/BF for LTR. This behaviour is passed down from father to son and also teachers young girls to disrespect men early on.

For women who do end up single mothers. They often train their young men to be total wimps who women can walk all over because those are the type of men they actually want now as well. There was even this article a year back where a single mom was going on dates with her son and making him pay for her meals with his allowance so he would do the same for women he goes out on dates with.

• The media doesn't help either with their constant portrayal of father's as bumbling oafs while the mom is the true mastermind running the household. This started back way into the 90's on shows like everyone loves raymond.

• You have clearly learned many "Red Pill" Truths SIR!

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 11

• Well, it's not like a woman WANTS to find herself in a rl with some contemptible spineless schmo. And, of course, if you're going to give someone yr respect and trust, you need to put them through SOME sort of "testing" to determine whether they actually **deserve** those things.
    So... I'm inclined to think this sort of thing is (consciously or not) a test of the boy's backbone. If he can "put her in his place" when faced with this sort of thing -- basically, if he can just react to it the same way he'd react to a 6-year-old throwing a tantrum -- then I doubt she would keep it up with the same intensity. And BOTH of them would be a lot happier with, and more respectful of, each other.

So, yeah.
    Also -- just speaking from (rather extensive) personal experience -- I've never, ever, EVER seen this sort of dynamic in a rl where the boy HAS consistently stood up to it, in a way that's firm, and mb even a bit condescending, but not over-reactive (... again, the same way you'd react to a kid throwing a tantrum in public).
    I've ONLY seen this in relationships where the dude has clearly just stopped trying to be a MAN, and is basically just **passive** in every damn sense of that word. The worst is when these rl's are marriages with teenage (or tween age) kids, because that sort of father has no credible **authority** with his children (... and, if both parents are present, HIS lack of authority can undermine HER authority, too).

I mean, it's not like we're asking the sun, the moon and the fucking stars here. A spine. Is what we're asking for. That's pretty much it. (And no, being a "better provider" is not going to move that needle, either. If anything that could even have the opposite effect.)

__

As far as television...
    The reason you'll see that dynamic on tv -- and not the more dominant male dynamic -- is because people **who see this dynamic and are influenced by it** aren't going to (inadvertently) become abusers as a result.

Like okay. Look at 1:53 of this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CIXesw4YXYI&t=131s

That slap is done with PERFECT control. That man handles that situation with admirable calmness and self-restraint. He's not "violent", nor is he an "abuser", in any way.
    The problem though -- like, if some show had a male character delivering this

• sort of slap to a female character -- is that PEOPLE WOULD TAKE THE WHOLE THING TOO FAR. And REAL abuse would occur as a result.
      There's no equivalent fallout for the "cheesy wimpy dude" portrayals you're talking about. So, if you're going to err on one side of the spectrum... that's the side you want to err on.

• Yes, men are more capable than women.

• @redeyemindtricks
      Hey I'm curious when you speak of test what do you mean, and passing the test like can you give specific examples? Like when you speak of spine and the test.

No Hate, I am curious, sorry.

• the fathers in my family and friends life were pieces of shits; lying, cheating, gambling, stealing, having outside kids and not telling anybody and they obviously didn't care about the image they were setting for their kids.

in my experience, life for the women in my family never goes right when they get married... its always ends in divorce, she ends up having to work twice as hard, be the mom and the dad and doesn't get credit for any of it. this is why i don't expect much when i look at guys; don't expect much and you'll end up fine.

i agree that women and men must respect each other.

"It's also for some reason fine if he spoils his daughter and outright prefers her company but he's a devil if he feels more connected with his son and spoils him and gives him a lot of attention as his pride and joy." not true, the dads are respected either way but there's a line dads usually cross when they are unreasonably protective and sexist towards the daughter and lets the son roam and do anything.

" Doesn't matter if he's a doctor and she's a housewife, she is the smart one and most rational when it comes to family stuff. If he gets a little pudgy around the midsection she can tease him about it and the kids follow suit but run for your life if he calls her a little pudgy around the midsection." - not true in my experience. the women and men joke around with each other. before things got bad with my mom and dad they used to call each other fat, lazy, or my dad used to tell my mom that her stomach was touching the steering wheel. the line crosses when the man isn't joking and starts acting like she's getting too pudgy. what jobs you do doesn't make you more or less rational. some men feel like prostitutes are more rational than corporate white collar women. that stereotype also isn't true, in most cases people respect both.

"why the double standard?" its not. ever seen those videos where they make the male look like an angel and the woman a raging bitch? so many girls in the comment section make it their jobs to confess that all women are not like that and go on a "wow she's such a bitch" diatribe. if it were the opposite, the men would tell the women to "not fall for the medias try at anti-male agenda" and don't find the video or experience as a reason to be "bitter against other men". the men don't have shame and expect to be treated as individuals; nothing is wrong with that. however, women still have to make it known they are not your bitchy ex.

• As someone whose father walked out on two small children over 15 years ago, I can't say I've seen dads be the put down ones in my immediate family. That being said, I haven't seen many family relationships that do put the dad down... a neighbor/friend who's father cheated, another where it was suggested he cheated, a step dad who seemed really cool and funny, a bum step dad, one who put the mom down, one who lied and put the mom down, an abusive father, one in jail, a good step dad, etc etc it goes on a bit...
    As someone else said, human decency is needed from both sexes, both parents. In my life, I've personally seen more bad father figures than good, but I'm one person. I don't have empirical data saying "Most dads are bad" and I wouldn't even try to suggest that. The guy in my life will make an amazing father b/c he's an amazing person, his treatment is based off my decency (b/c some people don't appreciate him and treat him bad) So, I think it ties back to basic human decency, which everyone needs to have and give.

• I don't think being connected to his father has anything to do with it. Human decency isn't a hard thing to learn. You either have it or you don't.

• lol i think theres' massive massive evidence to say human decency is not easy to learn. its one of our highest abilities its something animals can't ever have you have to be taught empathy.

• Then I guess I'm ahead of the game. Then again my life experiences are nothing short of humbling

• Destruction of the traditional role and authority of father is destroyed faster in countries like Singapore, China, Korea, and Japan. Some of fathers may suffer from the change, but I don't think it is only a bad thing. After the change, both fathers and other family members may not be oppressed by traditional regulations. What makes us painful is a transitional phenomenon I think.

• I think this started because women wanted equal rights but they went to far, like America VS japan in WW2 too far. The country still has issues from being bombed twice to this day

• The thing is Men have already lost any advantage they had due to gender roles, now it's time for women to start losing stuff and they aren't going to like it. Just bring up the topic and watch women get offended at the mere notion that they lose something in the name of equality.

Things have always been "equal" for men and women, just in different ways, more like a functional equity that saw women provided, protected for, and valued at the cost of some personal freedom. While men had more personal freedom but were expected to be disposable, provide for, protect women and to have any value as a human being they had to earn it.

The new "equality" will see women be valued less, have to protect and provide for them selves and will see men valued more with much more effort put into giving men stuff in the way women have always been given stuff.

• @spoonman2014
      If they had surrendered after seeing the effects of the first bomb, the second bomb wouldn't have been used.

• Oh my gosh I totally agree. I'm so sick of seeing men potrayed as bumbling idiots on tv. It infuriates me tbh.

• Thanks for sharing this. Especially these days there's a *huge* gap in understanding between how men see things and how women see things. I hate how 2D and shallow men as on TV.

• my mother always yelled at my father and ranted about all kinds of ridiculous things. i was always on his side, always felt bad for him.

• Hmmm this chick (friend of a friend's sister) called her boyfriend a name when we were all out once. You bet she got nasty glances from the table. I didn't know her so I wasn't going to get on her case and start a fight (but I made a sarcastic comment that totally went over her head. Even though other people there got it and laughed) when we were all just trying to have a good time (also one thing I do know about this girl is that she has a temper. Didn't feel like getting into it with her). But when my friend (who I do know) was talking down to her boyfriend I told flat out her to stop it. I know plenty of women that will tell another women off if they are being rude. At least in my social circles.

• Also if I ever made fun of my dad growing up it wouldn't have gone over well.

But now I just make fun of everything. Including myself.

• I do feel that's an uncommon stance to take

• I'm a freak.

• I don't think I've ever seen father mistreated like that in real life

• I have seen it many times, maybe you should get out more.

• @spoonman2014 that's messed up, no one should work that many hours... She could take some of the load off of him

• I agree 100%

• You do realize that in denouncing one particular stereotype, your actively perpetuating another, right? Namely, the notion that all wives are contolling browbeaters who emotionally manipulate/take advantage of their weak and stupid husbands. Do you not consider this to be equally damging to society's views on men and women as well? Or do you honestly think that it's only men who suffer the consequences of harmful stereotypes?

• I was going to comment, but I couldn't possibly have said it better. Take notes👆🏼

• @rjroy3 Again, he’s suggesting that society wrongfully stereotypes men based on an assumption that certain female stereotypes are totally justified. In other words, men shouldn’t be subject to sexist generalizations whereas women deserve it since everyone knows female generalizations are based on fact, not prejudice. Please tell me what the fuck this kind of attitude accomplishes other then to pit one gender against the other?

Also yes, men have to deal with their own particualr set of issues; I never disputed that. However, I've seen this poster on here before and he has a pretty obvious pattern of exclusively bashing the opposite sex. So if you really think you're going to convince me that this guy cares half as much about actually improving the lives of men as much as publicly complaining about how shitty women are, think again.

• You said it perfectly! He could have said what he did without perpetuating stereotypes about women, and ackgnowleging that most of what he said isn't true everywhere in the US, especially today when so many people are turning against feminism.

What Guys Said 26

• If I was the president of the united states i'd give you every award possible for doing this lol. But it is true, almost every girl I know has dated assholes or "assholes". The first ones are in jail and are terrible people the other ones are good looking alphas who can fix their own cars and shit and they hate them for it. Because those guys are better than her, I even met these girls fathers, they are either not around or they are total oafs. Shit the one guy works 16 hours a day so his wife can be a house wife. Day job Insurance company, night job wal mart distribution.

And girls are taught that men who are smart, can fix things, in shape etc etc are assholes. Shit, I dated a girl a girl a while ago who quit stripping for about 6 months prior to us dating (bad idea). She started having money issues and wanted to go back, well on top of all the nice things I was already doing for her I tried to get her a decent job but her old stripper friends convinced her that I was this terrible guy who was controlling her and trying to change her, she dumped me and went back to it.

They tried to make me look like an asshole and after me she dated a mooch who was on the run from the law and a guy who had done so much drugs he was legally retarded (banned from driving and all). And they didn't even care about the pain she went through with those guys. And everyone knew about her problems with those guys but I was still the bad guy. I think society will leave manly men alone and turn to them when things get bad, these guys will be our first responders, military (USAF 2009-2014), trade workers, scientist, doctors, lawyer etc etc. Like in my life since I got out the military i'm almost the village elder, girls call me and ask me to do things their Bf's can't while he has no problems with me doing it. And i'd rather die be that guy, well end rant lol.

• Thats so fucked dude yeah it's a self esteem thing relating to their dads I just steer clear of girls like that some do like a man who's mature and on track

• That is true, but the key word is SOME. I'll never forget the time home girl called me crying about how she can't find anyone decent after she kicked out the guys I mentioned above. I think this happened because women wanting equal rights and the pendulum swung too far. I had female NCO's (non commissioned officers, supervisors) in the air force and they will tell you I was their favorite troop and never gave them issues, every time a girl told me "no" I listened and never made her feel bad for it, unless I felt justified (Like a 2 month dry spell). But today girls see manly men as grandfatherly (think everything good and bad about the 50's) and I think the pendulum will swing the opposite direction once they have a hard time finding people to work trade jobs, manual labor and serve in uniform. Shit they already stopped cursing kids out and yelling in military bootcamp. And now you need a waiver to make them do more than 10 push ups

• Op, im sad to see that this might be how things are in america (surely not everywhere, but places influenced by this sort of thinking).
    But there is no denial that, while women have a part in ot, it is mens own fault for allowing this to happen.
    You are the only one who can make a woman respect you. If you dont respect yourself, how can others respect you.
    It doesn't matter what society you live in, women respond to masculine men.
    When a female tries to put you down, put her in her place as calm and smooth as possible. If for some reason you can't, use rougher words.
    If all else fails, you can either use the "shut up , woman " or the silence, where you just ignore what she said , as if it doesn't matter. That shit always works.
    You need to set boundaries and command respect from the beginning tough.
    You can't be a pansy most of the relationship and then stand up for yourself once its too late. In that case she will just leave you.
    But if you do that from the beginning, most women won't leave. And if she does, thats because she has only known ass kissers , and has never met a man like you before.
    However, even then as she is pissed at you and won't talk to you, you can be sure that its you, and not the rest of her orbiters that she will be fantasizing about, at night.

I used to be kind of an idiot asskisser with females as a teen. It only took one ex girlfriend to change that. I would always be a needy, apologetic, ass kisser.
    She used to tell me not to say sorry, not to ever beg/bargain for her attention / affection, and she actually told me that when she got out of line, instead of me being patient with her, what she really wanted me to do, was to bitch slap her.
    I should have known she was crazy by then , but i still stayed for some more, lol.
    But the good thing is, she unintentionally taught me a lot about female behaviour and sexuality.
    Even straight out pointed out to me a few things. I lived in denial after her for some time , thinkibg she was crazy, and it was true, but i think most females have this ingrained in their psyche. They just can't stand weak and passive men. They will try to love him. They will try hard. But they just can't, not forever. Unless you are okay with being disrespected and looked doen upon by your woman and your family, you need to stand up for yourself.
    (i was telling it in general, not to you personally, mytake owner)

• i appreciate the personal story it's very insightful. yeah, it's hard to accept women have this side to them. for myself, i am very willing to walk away from any woman who gets off on being checked. i find it very unattractive to intentionally want that. at the same time, i recognize the strong need for dominance (not oppression) as part of what makes men happy with themselves and women happy with them. sometimes she does want that feeling of being overpowered not only physically but mentally and emotionally (again not in an oppresive way just in a strong primal way) like everything the balance is learned through common sense which is gained by spending time interacting with women in romantic contexts

• Sometimes you habe to check prople, but i too eould walk away from a woman who wants it intentionally.
      And i agree with what you said

• It's the result of cultural Marxism. The left, the media and Hollywood have been working hard to destroy the traditional nuclear American family by undermining fathers and presenting them always in a negative light.

• the American media and press have always leaned liberal and yet we've had strong figures of masculinity presented to us by hollywood and others in the past. i do think feminists (not even real feminists that work for equal pay but feminists that basically try to control everyone else through calling them misogynists for not following a strict women first guideline) changed a lot. it softened a lot of men and confused even more.

• VeryTrue but if you look at the masculine heroes they are always massively and morally flawed

• Man this issue has been around for far longer than that. I remember my dad talking about this when I was 12 years old, when there was commercials on a regular basis showing the "stupid dad" stereotype. He then went on to say how he first noticed that in his 20s. When my older sister was real real young she watched some TV shows that had that father stereotype in it and she began to act like that towards my dad, because of what she saw on TV. Thankfully my dad was a good parent and squashed that real quick lol.

But yea, culture both forms and is an indicator of society. Many people whether they realize it or not download a lot of what they ingest from media in all forms. Whether it be music, news, movies, shows. Whatever it is you're essentially hypnotizing yourself with beliefs and innate understandings and you carry that with you unless you filter it yourself. In my household growing up we would watch movies and at the end of it would talk about what was realistic and what were myths in the movie. It was more for fun, but it was also us filtering what the movie/TV writers were telling us what we "should" believe and their idea of right and wrong.

That's why the media we accept as okay for kids shows is far more important than we tend to treat it. Tune in to shows now on disney or any common network kids watch. You are bound to see the common theme of the kids being super intelligent and the parents are made out to be idiots so that the kids can show them something in the end of the story. No surprise that kids grow up thinking they no better, because they've been watching shows that told them over and over and over "you know better than your parents and they just don't understand".

• Good point.
    I personally have seen two of my aunts and 1 grandmother treat their mates like crap, constantly expecting a lot from them while doing next to nothing in return, and constantly insulting them in front of other people.
    For a long time I have felt that my two aunts and grandmother are all POS.
    TV constantly portrays men (mostly White men) as dumb, when in reality if they look throughout all of history, they are actually the MOST capable and have invented/discovered and accomplished FAR more than women ever will. I'm not trying to attack women, but that is the reality. It is mostly the feminists that hate men because we can (and have repeatedly) done so much more they they can ever do.

One of the reasons I'm not too interested in finding a mate is because I won't put up with the BS where they want the man to work more than them and not get to spend time with my future kids. Or her bitching that the man doesn't do enough around the house when she is mostly sitting on her behind all day.
    It is VERY easy and quick to take care of stuff at home. If it was the other way around, I could easily have 5 or 6 hours of free time each day to peruse hobbies etc after getting everything done if the woman wanted to be the support. They have nothing to complain about when the man supports the family. Then the woman should do everything at home, and yard work, and service the car, etc. It still won't amount to the 40 hours per week of a sole supporter.

• Once upon a time, the American father -without any degree- earned enough to keep mom at home, pay a suburb house with a garden and two big cars.
    Those times are over. And that's NOT because of women or because of feminism or because of 'leftists'. (male) Boards of directors decided to export jobs.

• ... you haven't even branched out to the dealing with kids section.

• what do you mean?

• how just being a male and playing with a child, especially a female child... just gets you looks like you are some pedophile...

• Right on. This is Red Pill at it's basic level. The 'disney-dream' is dead. But men are not taking it lying down, they are rising up, declaring their significance and value, and making themselves the best MAN they can be. The tides will turn, but not until the women realize they've painted themselves into a sorry corner. You go gurrrrrrllllll.

:)

• Well I have to say I don't disagree with what your saying.

But it's certainly not going to stop me from trying to become an old fashioned one.

The world needs more fathers like what we had in the 40s, 50s and even 60s.

Good hard working men who didn't take shit from anyone and who did their duty and raised good disciplined kids. If society was dominated by those kinds of men again the nation would be better for it.

• Well written.
    This is what happens when fatherhood is trivialised while single motherhood is being put on a pedestal. At the same time you have mainstream media and entertainment constantly giving women wet dreams about being tough and kicking ass. No. Women are shitty men and men are shitty women no matter how much people sour "SEXISM!"

• people blame media a lot... i don't know if its the chicken or the egg but it definitely doesn't help having all this you go girl kick some ass wanting a guy in your life is weakness floating around. it doesn't seem to affect girls as much who actually are considered very attractive by men more its a way to empower average looking females to emulate the lives of attractive women but it comes out all wrong. if an average female just acted like a girl instead of a want to be man, so many guys would line up to provide protect and make her feel special.

• No way dude. The American father is usually just totally absent, then the woman gets some dope she doesn't give a fuck about to play her fool and take care of her and her stupid little brat, leeching energy off him like some kind of sponge.

• lets sum this up you do not know ones behavior the man is the back bone it seem like you women have forgot this. they have attacked the family real men do not fall for the woman crap. if you had a sister you would see right through it. woman do not know how to deal with men the have this front. the only reason someone calls someone a name or stupid idiot is because they think they are self righteous.

• i can't imagine the plight of my parents if i was born a girl, i would fuck every chad out there without caring for consequences.

• I agree with this 100% it even makes me laugh at all the propaganda about fathers and why they are important to a child's development yet. Society continually makes it so hard on guys who want to be there but cannot. At least in American society being a father is like a quadruple standard as its almost as bad as a marriage trap. As there is little benefits other than being a role model for a father.

I dont blame society as I know its both society and the ideology of the roles of the sexes as well. Its rarely the mom who has to pay child support. But rather its the father who may or may not be in the picture who get stabbed with the fees. I wish that rather than alienating the male/father role society would actually give them a reason to stay. Rather than making it seem that leaving and throwing money at the mom is just as good as actually being there.

• wait so are you saying you don't think dads have a need to be there for their kids especially their sons?

• I just think society needs to change the way how we look at fathers and not alienate them and destroy the role of what it means to be a parental figure.

• Nothing matters anymore. Let it all burn to the ground. Humanity is worthless.

• If men ignored women who don't respect men, this problem would go away in one generation.

• yes exactly

• @Pyrofox
      Got to agree with @pavlove here.
      There are still decent women out there who respect men.
      There is no reason to become a MGTOW because of bad experiences with the women who don't respect men.

• My only point is that women's current tone they use really hasn't helped their goal at achieving equal rights for sexs rather its more like their progress is making a divergence. In a direction that is going in a direction that isn't the right direction or the wrong direction. Just a completely different direction that leaves them in a compromising position.

• Men should kick those type of women our of their lives , great take by the way

• I believe you

Hosea 4:6 my children are destroyed for lack of knowledge

• Leviticus 20:9 (KJV)
      For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him.

• @djvtech

HERE IS THE FULL VERSE MOLECH THE SACRIFICE OF CHILDREN
      https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C5aZ51YXQAAnVTI.jpg

Then I will set my face against that man, and against his family, and will cut him off, and all that go a whoring after him, to commit whoredom with Molech, from among their people.

And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people. Sanctify yourselves therefore, and be ye holy: for I am the LORD your God. And ye shall keep my statutes, and do them: I am the LORD which sanctify you.

THEY SACRIFICE AN INNOCENT CHILD I WILL KILL THEM

• @djvtech

SEE YOU LACK KNOWLEDGE

HOSEA 4:6 MY CHILDREN ARE DESTROYED FOR LACK OF KNOWLEDGE

• You are so right. I read an article on this a while ago, you have hit the nail on the head. And it is up to us guys to make sure we don't fit the "mould" and that we be our own people and good fathers. That is really the only way to smash back at this. It is making boys think that their role does not matter, that being a father is an undesirable job. The media can say what it wants but it can put thoughts and ideas into people's heads that are not true. Don't believe everything you see in the media. Another thought: If the media is trying to pump us with THIS message, what other false messages do they convey? In politics, the ones who own the media can make their party look wonderful whilst the others absolute rubbishy jokes.

• Good take.

More and more men in the West do not want to become fathers. I don't blame them!

• Man, the women opinions are terrible :(
    This is why egalitarianism needs to take place very soon.

• I saw my parents lived up to this marriage stereotype (despite being both raised very conservatively$. My dad is no pushover but my mom was extremely beautiful and she definitely used that to her advantage. She was extremely controlling and everything had to be her way or no aI. Now that she's older (almost 60), the looks are fading and the kids are all moved out of the house she has gotten WORSE She treats my dad like shit often (but not all the time). Growing up I thought this was normal.

I have a grudge against her for raising me to believe it's okay to take shit from women. The only reason the relationship worked out is because she is EXTREMELY controlling and my dad lets her almost always get her way.

Funny thing is I struggled with dating through my teens to early 20s because I treated women the same way my dad treated my mom. I didn't realize that women actually LIKE being told NO from time to time until I was in my mid 20s.

Anyway women wonder why men scoff at "women's rights" protests and this why. Feminism has manipulated the media, politics and public education into brainwashing women that men are either incompetent buffons or "creeps".

Fortunately some women are waking up to this bullshit. Most women don't want some buffon pushover for a husband

• People usually blame the media's negative representation of fatherly figures, but another major cause for this issue is the left. Men are too commonly demonized within feminism and it's unfair.

• Is this about an emasculated Society?

• This is a great take. All true, every word. It's a sad reflection on western society and what feminism and the media have done to it over the last several decades.

Fathers deserve more respect and recognition than they get today. We as a society have gone overboard trying to boost up the self esteem and confidence of women and girls but unfortunately we have dragged men and boys down by just as much. That of course was the goal of feminism but it's sad how it has just become the norm in our collective consciousness and most people don't even bat an eye at it or even recognize it has happened.

To all the young guys out there, I will pass on some advice given to me by my father and several of his friends, all of whom I admire and respect a lot. Marry a woman who comes from an intact family in which the mother treats the father with respect, and the daughter has a good and respectful relationship with her father. Do not under any circumstances date or marry a woman whose father isn't treated respectfully by his wife and family. Do not marry or even date a woman raised by a single mother. Just don't. The odds are very high that you will regret it. Do not marry or date an ambitious woman who puts her career ahead of everything else.

These are generalizations and I'm sure I will get some grief for them, but they are facts of life for western men today. Marriage is a mine field for men these days and if we are going to take the risk we just can't be too careful. There are some good women out there but there are a lot of bad ones who may not appear so on the surface. We have to use wise judgement and tap into then wisdom of men who have gone before us and learned the lessons from experience. There are some experiences we don't want to have ourselves, and finding ourselves married to the average western woman today is one of them.

• So you think a woman who was abandoned by her own father doesn't deserve to be loved or cared for by anyone else? She's worthless to one man so she clearly no good for anyone else?
      I come from a single parent family, my mother has never spoken badly about my father. She doesn't really talk about him at all. She's never treated any man with disrespect and it's ingrained in us, to treat every person we come across respectfully. My sister is in a happy marriage. She wouldn't dream of treating her husband badly.
      My son's dad went to prison when my son was 7 months old. He's out now and he's just recently started his supervised visitation. I worry about it, and I haven't quite forgiven him for not thinking about us when he did what he did, but that doesn't mean I'm ever going to undermine their relationship. I want it to work, I want my son to have a good male role model. I want him to have a few. Whether he's his main one remains to be seen, but it's not my place to ever disrespect him

• @Carefuloutthere also you're too young to be a good mother period

• @Carefuloutthere I never said you don't deserve love, affection and respect, but my advice to good men looking for good women is sound. Statistically speaking, women who come from broken homes, who were abandoned by their father or were raised by a single mother are far more likely to end up fucking a man over or treating him like crap. That is just a fact of life.

I'm not saying many men aren't absolute assholes who do terrible things too. I'm sorry you have dealt with the things you have experienced and of course you deserve and are worthy of affection. But all of that is beside the point of this MyTake and my response. Good men deserve good women and they deserve to be treated with respect as men and fathers. They significantly improve their chances of achieving that ideal when they avoid the women I mentioned. As I said earlier, that's a big generalization, but it's a fair one.