Types of Men, Women Should Not Date

Types of Men Women Should Not Date

Types of Men, Women Should Not Date

The Fitness Maniac

And the final guy on our list is drop dead gorgeous or at least he thinks he is. He is an exercising maniac who has discovered the joys of working out and must share it with the world. All he will talk about are which body parts he’s worked out that day, which post-workout shake he likes and how his biceps will soon have a rounder shape. He will lose his head when he sees anything remotely tasty or with a little bit fat on it and will even start telling you need to work out to shape your calves. Hot as he might be, the guy will drive you insane unless you’re a workout junkie as well.

Types of Men, Women Should Not Date

The Clinger

This kind of guy is someone who will shower you with affection and attention. While you may not have to worry about him ignoring you, you will have to physically push him off you. This kind of guy will call and text you every few seconds, make his presence felt constantly in your life, and expect you to do the same. So, if you still want to have a social life and friends, give this kind of guy a miss

Types of Men, Women Should Not Date

The Shallow one

Looks are everything. This kind of guy will be more interested in what you’re wearing, if you have enough make-up on and if you look ‘hot’ enough to be his girlfriend. Your intelligence, who you are or what you care about will be of no consequence to this kind of man. He will be more interested in how good who he dates looks than the actual person he dates. Very quick to flit from one woman to another, this kind of guy will more often than not lose interest in you – quickly. So, if a long term relationship or a fun date is what you are looking for, this guy is definitely not what you are looking for.

Types of Men, Women Should Not Date

The Mamma’s Boy

While there’s absolutely nothing wrong with a boy who loves his mother, he shouldn’t be attached at the hips to her. The Mamma’s Boy isn’t looking for a girlfriend; they are looking for a mother substitute. He always thinks that his mother is best and knows everything, is constantly on the phone with her and would do anything to make her happy. Sadly, that leaves little space for a girlfriend, so if you meet this kind, run away far.

Types of Men, Women Should Not Date

The Controller

The ever critical and obsessive man, this kind of guy will make sure you do everything according to how he likes it. Be it what you wear, eat or even how or whom you talk to. While some women may enjoy this for a while, it can get very abrasive and intrusive. Another form of the chauvinist, this kind of guy will think of you and treat you like his ‘property’ and not his girlfriend or even as a human. If you like a take-charge man in bed, that’s fine, but be warned, if you decide to date this kind of man, you are in for a whole other ride.

Types of Men, Women Should Not Date

Thank you for reading :)

929

Most Helpful Guy

• Ladies please listen. I know you want to find the right guy to be happy and that's great and all. But this another example of how you are setting impossible standards for men.

Yes all those guys above exist and don't blame you for not wanting to date them. However this pickiness makes many of you AUTOMATICALLY assume one of these guys falls into this category the moment he makes one mistake. You women are incredibly good at categorizing men off the bat.

We are human beings and very complicated creatures JUST LIKE YOU. We might not show it as much, but every one of us have our quirks and shortcomings.

I can't stand seeing this kind of articles because while they are well intentioned WAY TOO MANY WOMEN take it to heart.

What everything comes down to is fundamental issues. Is he independent? Does he respect himself? Does he respect you? Every flesh and blood man is going to have some of the problems you listed above, but it's like we have a fucking label tattooed on our foreheads making it on and only identity.

• Would you date a woman with any of those qualities? *hope you read the details.

• In marriages ALL women can be controlling. Some of its mild jealously, others excessively due to a deep insecurity. And no I would not date the latter. I did briefly date a girl like this and this was one of reasons I dumped her. But she also got drunk and kissed my brother. That was the straw that broke the camels back.

My POINT is that many women are very QUICK to judge a guy and reject him. Especially early in dating. I went on a second date last week. Up to that point everything went perfectly. I made just ONE mistake and asked if we could split a plate at an unexpectedly very expensive restaurant (bill was over $100). I asked her if it was okay and she said yes. Later she cheeked me when I went for a kiss (we made out on the first date) and later rejected me for being "cheap".

If you see a guy exhibit any of these problems above look at ALL the details. Was it he first time? Did he know you were pissed about it (big one here most girls expect guys

• To read their minds). Did he apologize to the girl and attempt to change his behavior? Dont wig out and categorize at the first mistake.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're objectively wrong about the fitness boys -- at least if they actually know what they're doing.

I LOVE fitness for lots and lots and LOTS of reasons -- but, one of the most important reasons is that the human body HATES perfectionists.
    Hates 'em.
    Anyone who follows a 100% "perfect" diet or exercise routine, 100% of the time, WILL get inferior results (... and may over-train and under-nourish to the point of causing actual serious injuries, eventually).

Looking like the boy in the picture REQUIRES eating shitty, rich, high calorie foods AT LEAST weekly, and maybe even two or three times a week depending on the boy's historical set points.
    If that boy DOESN'T "cheat" REGULARLY and FREQUENTLY with rich, high carbohydrate foods... his body will go into starvation / conservation mode VERY quickly, and he'll start burning muscle and storing fat like it's nobody's business (... and, ironically, the more he trains, the more muscle he'll burn).

Srsly. Do you know anyone who works out EVERY day, ALWAYS?
    If you do... they won't look good, and they won't feel good. They'll look deflated, weak, and possibly even emaciated -- and they'll barely have the energy to get out of bed at the start of the day.

(That boy is also very clearly using a whole slate of steroids and supporting drugs, but, that's another issue -- and it's definitely possible to do so sustainably, IN MODERATION, for decades and decades.)

So... yeah. Fitness is fucking awesome because it rewards the people with a healthy, 80/20 type outlook on life. Hell yes.

• I can accept that I'm wrong about the fitness boys. I was pointing out the extreme gym guys who are a very tiny percentage.

• Cool.

The "extreme" boys need even MORE cheat days/meals and even MORE frequent breaks from the rigor, actually.
      (if that seems counterintuitive, just think of it in terms of "preventing yr body from going into starvation / hibernation mode" -- which requires more and more trickery the leaner you get.)

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 28

• I almost laughed out loud during parts of this take. That's not to mock you in attempt to get a response but to rather let women who are reading this know how off-base and distorted from reality this really is.

I get it. Stereotypes exist for a reason. That reason being that men and women notice patterns in behavior naturally. The issue arises when you let these preconceived thoughts dictate who you talk to and date, and who you don't without getting to know that person.

Look at my profile pic. I would probably fall under "The Fitness Maniac" and I'm going to address that part of your take for a reason.

First off, having self confidence isn't in the way you look isn't a bad thing by any means. The issue with girls like you, is that you stereotype guys like me to the extent of coming up with this negatively idealized image of us without even speaking to us first hand. For this reason, you dislike us before you even have a conversation. Anything at that point will be perceived as arrogance rather than confidence because you already have this idea in your head that we are something that we are not. Cocky neanderthal like meatheads who cheat and manipulate women.

___

"ll he will talk about are which body parts he’s worked out that day, which post-workout shake he likes and how his biceps will soon have a rounder shape."

So this isn't really true for the most part. Most guys who have an impressive physique (Not just the average gym rat) are typically bright individuals because it takes so much discipline and hard work to get to that level. There is a lot to learn about your anatomy and nutrition and it comes down to a science that would confuse the shit out of you if I attempted to teach you right now.

Bright and disciplined individuals realize that there is a necessity for a balanced and well rounded life. I rarely talk about bodybuilding outside of the gym or people who aren't into the lifestyle themselves. My friends who are, are just like me in that way.

I've done military and I'm now a 3rd year engineering student at university. I'm educated and my girlfriend is educated as well. I enjoy discussions that do in fact differentiate from protein shakes and biceps. I'm actually quite a nerd if you get to know me. My girlfriend is a bit of a nerd too despite her looking like she spends all of her time in the gym because of her body looking so good.

• ___

"He will lose his head when he sees anything remotely tasty or with a little bit fat on it and will even start telling you need to work out to shape your calves. Hot as he might be, the guy will drive you insane unless you’re a workout junkie as well."

This statement of yours is evidently rooted from insecurity on your end which is unattractive in a lot of ways. Bodybuilders don't irrationally depict their woman's body any more than another guy from a general perspective. I prefer a girl who has is on my same wavelength in regards to lifestyle and my values which is health and being fit/active. For those reasons, I could never date a woman who was obese or overweight.

My body has flaws just as my girlfriends body has flaws. I recognize that and I'm just because I work out, doesn't mean I'm incapable of rational thought and being a decent human being.

• Would you date a woman with any of those traits?

• Well considering everything I've mentioned, I realize that personalities and character is a multidimensional concept and not of a generic cut-out to be stereotyped. So let me answer your question in this way. I'll address the fitness maniac again.

Would I want a narcissistic asshole who is brain dead and has a self inflated ego carrying no other self interest subsiding from bicep development? Nope.

Would I I categorize someone who looks like me as being associated of those negative personality traits right off the bat and therefore excluding them from my dating pool by irrational means? No.

And this is why your take is just not applicable to reality and nonsensical.

• So women are allowed to be shallow but men aren't?

#DoubleStandard

• Which point is shallow? You didn't read the details. .

• ehh.. there's a lot of generalizations on this.

Most guys don't make fitness their whole lives unless they're competing. Working out only takes like what... 1-2 hours of your life for 3-5 times a week. Also the guys who are really into fitness are likely more compatible with women that feel the same.

• Read the last line in the fitness part.

• So what type of men should women date?
    "The bank account"?

Oh yeah, also fuck people who take care of their physique and health, such assholes!

• I describe a particular type of individual. Read it over (Fitness )

• Good take! :)
    Always avoid them! You will thank yourself later.

• I'm doing a Take on types of women men should avoid. All the guys who are disagreeing with me rn , would probably love that Take.

• Don't forget to include these =) :)

- Materialistic women
      - Gold diggers
      - Freaky and crazy ass psycho bitches, who love to throw a fit and break furniture and technologies and stuff.
      - The insecure control freaks
      - Women with double standards
      - The one, that is too dependent on social media (That one stalking woman, who is bothered by his boyfriend not liking her pictures and stuff)
      - Mobile smartphone screen addicts (those, who will never let go off that smartphone screen)

• aaand that's why women are terrible judges of character. Interesting to see what goes through your heads. To be honest it's kinda funny to see how much sense this makes to you. This is such lazy thinking. lmao

• What about the mytake do you disagree with? Do you think some of these men are the types women should chase after or try to pursue?

• You can't rely on the stereotypes because when it comes to describing guys, they're all messed up. You gotta come up with your own by being observant and not letting your emotions cloud your judgement.

• I don't know! A lot of women seem to be attracted to controlling loudmouth guys.

• I'm a "fitness maniac", a "mama's boy", and I'm very affectionate with my girl to the point of clinginess. Almost every single chick I run into wants me to ask them out... Go figure.

• Well hopefully no man will ever choose to date you.

• You just listed every guy. No guy is good enough for you. You are not the only girl to date on Earth. How about we avoid picky ass stuck up girls full of themselves like you? I've dated girls like you and they are garbage.
    You and guys just have to be more flexible and open minded and stop taking this dating shit so seriously.

• This can be said for the women males should go after.

• Guys shouldn't date the "judgemental" types of girls who put men into superficial categories. But I guess that is common sense.

• these are pretty dead on actually, girls should also avoid the idiot artist too

• These are not 'types of men' honey. These are behavior problems that some men have. Pigeon-holing them all is just not going to serve you well.

We have a whole crop of girlie-men pumped out from the results of feminism. And now the women simply hate what they've become. Thank your sisterhood of women for this - it's your own damn fault.

Just date. Lots of men. Don't sleep with them all. You'll probably find worth investing your time and emotion into.

Now, what exactly do you bring that is of high value to a relationship? It could very well be you need to work on that. If there's not much there you won't be able to keep the attention of any high-value guy.

• What about the negligent one?

My girlfriend says that's me.

• Let's suppose your right !! Then This ultimately means your the exact opposite , !!! Interesting!!! Except this ego belongs to someone very controlling in nature...

• Thos are actually lies or how can you say that some types of guys you mention have a girlriend or a husband?
    What about alcoholic or violent men?
    O guess I am out of discution

• Women should date all those types of men for their money.

• So... what kind of guys "should" women date? Since you've ruled out most of the population there :P

• Which type from the list are you?

• Probably a sprinkling of the dominating and shallow, combined with ruthless ambition.

Most men will exhibit one or more of those behaviours you listed (even if someone is only slightly shallow for example) that's call being human and not perfect. I mean it's fine if you want to hold out for the perfect guy, nobody obligates you to date, but I've found waiting for perfect leads to many bad things personally (like going from one girl to the next quickly searching for her)

• Good listing. I am none of these guys but still have a hard time finding a committed girl.

• So what should guys of these types do if *no* woman should find them fit to date? Die?

• Change for the better?

• What if they can't see how they are? And what happens when they do? I once thought I was pretty much the nicest person ever, then came to realize I have all kinds of horrible personality traits, and thought the world would be better off if I was dead, and that I had wasted decades of my life and was not worth fixing, rather than trying to better myself. That's why I'm still just as depressed, slovenly, lazy, self loathing, and lonely as I ever was. I don't know if that's better, or just spending their whole lives in ignorant (and annoying for others) bliss, like most people do. But often, these are pretty much the only two options.

• Plus...
    The "family"/"nice" guy type

• what types of men should women date then?

• Everyone is free to date who they want.
      My next Take would be about women men shouldn't date.

• so essentially, everyone

• So basically most men then. i noticed so called bad guys are not included in the list.

• You should have thrown in Men who treat you and other people like shit, men who have no ambition,, and men who have drug and/or alcohol problems

• I dont think men can be categorized.

• stupid bitches like this the author of this take (and many others) still believe so. Sadly this crappy advice goes mainstream in the female dating advice columns. They are ultimately making themselves miserable.

• @somewheresomeway You still haven't answer my question. Would you date a woman with those traits? Especially "The controller"

• I posted anonymously above and answered your question. I was the guy who was taking about how many women automatically categorize men.

• The guys you like are right there, your friends.

• Ever wonder how it is that so many women end up in their mid-30s single and desperate but still asking the same question..."where have all the good men gone"?

Now you know...

What Girls Said 8

• I'm sorry, but you have to be careful who you're calling a clinger. That is not the definition of being clingy. It means loving somebody intensely. Being clingy means that person is co-dependent on you and strictly you. It can go as far as being clingy with others in their lives as well. If this is your standard list for yourself. Godo for you. But this doesn't apply to everybody. And you are wrong about a lot of things here is disturbing. If you keep going after these types of guys it's your problem and every other chick that follows suit. A wise girl/woman would be stupid enough to continue dating somebody who those red flags if it's even a red flag to them at all. Some needs structure in life, so they need a 'controller' according to you. And first of all, unless you're married, your not #1, and the parent will still come first. A healthy man knows when to prioritize you in his life, but ONLY when he wants to. Not because you say and think you should. Life is not all about you.

• we need more women like you

• You said "some need structure in life, so they need a controler according to you (meaning me.)"
      So you are okay with a guy telling you what to wear, eat and whom you should talk to?

• If that person is my husband, then fine to a degree. But he shouldn't have to tell you any of that crap if you're not dressing in 'whore clothes', I like to call them. Now that is not a control freak, that's just flat out abuse. And news flash, once you get married, they have authority over you and you have authority over them. If you're not prepared for that, then don't date them, let alone get married to them. But you can't tell what other women who they should and shouldn't date. They have to chose what works for them. It's not about you, it's about the person you want to commit to. If nobody is prepared for that then they need to just stay single.

• You shouldn't be telling who people should and should not date. Everyone has different deal-breakers and standards.

• It's a My Take, not the law. You can date anyone you want. Did you read the details to each type?

• Remember, this is GAG. Your audience has limited mental capacity.

• Hmm tbh I've never seen anyone like that in real life before lol your characters are just so... Stereotypical. There's nothing wrong with guys who workout and guys who love their mother lol not all guys who workout or guys who love their mother are all like what you have described. I think that you just made that up (the whole "types of guy" thing)

• Spot on! :)

• You forgot Mr professional couch potato

• What about the blowhard?

• a person who treats you like shit
    a person who doesn't respect
    a person who is rude

• Women who make these lists should date other women. Problem solved.

• Wha? This list is hardly princess-level extreme or unreasonable.

In fact, apart from the misconceptions about fitness enthusiasts, this entire list is basically just common sense -- and, frankly, I'm kinda worried about the [lack of] standards / self-respect of a woman who'd say something like that ^^ about a list that's so NOT picky.

• @redeyemindtricks My standards are fine. What's not fine are lists like this one. Stereotypical and sexist. There is all. Peace!

• Did you read the details of each? Would you date a person who controls every aspect of your life?