3 Signs of a TOXIC Man!

3 Signs of a TOXIC Man!

1. Inconsistency in behavior (hold-cold)

One day he is super sweet, kind and understanding. The next day he picks fights over nothing and tries to make you feel bad. This hold and cold method will play with your emotions and attempt to reel you in. He is in turn just manipulating you, and trying to control you while calling the shots. This is so unhealthy and toxic.

3 Signs of a TOXIC Man!

2. Silent treatment

When you disagree, instead of having a healthy conversation, he will give you the silent treatment and refuse to acknowledge your feelings. His idea of "fixing" things is to cut you out, until once again he will be ready to decide on his own terms when he wants to speak to you.

3 Signs of a TOXIC Man!

3. Gaslighting 101

To gaslight is to make you feel in essence "stupid". Like you have no idea what he was talking about, and that he meant something completely different. The conversation you apparently "thought" you had, never actually happened according to him. He will even go as far as to claim he didn't say something, that you know for a fact he said. This sort of word play, and technicalities that he might try to bring up, are a way of him playing games on you.

712
amandaschwartz is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• So how are toxic women different?

Most Helpful Girl

• 1. Inconsistency in behavior (hold-cold)

I've been with someone who is like that.. and i can say its one of the most confusing horrible things.. one min they're treating you lovely and kind next minute you're a piece of shit to them it is not nice.

Join the discussion

What Guys Said 11

• Whatever bad sign of a toxic man = whatever bad sign of a toxic woman.

We put emphasis on what drives hurts us personally more, but whatever is hurtful to one gender is always going to be hurtful to the other.

• This is exactly everything I had to deal with in at least one woman. This doesn't seem like something a guy would do, but no one is immune to stupid behavior.

• You just described a disproportionately large number of women.

• You basically described a woman. Well, at least now you'll understand how we feel and why we ditch your ass.

• The irony is that it's mostly women who acts like this.

• all female behaviors, funny

• Seem ok.

• I'm all of these but unintentionally

• As long he's hot.

• LOL, These are things almost every female does.

• These, especially #2, are also extremely common in women lol

What Girls Said 6

• I'm well aware that men and women can both be this way.

• Toxic Partner*** I had an ex boyfriend like this and I recognize women can be a pain took

• My ex was all of the above, unfortunately.

• This is all true

• My ex is so number 2

• actually toxic people