If You Can't Stand the Heat, Get OUT of the Kitchen!

For all those men out there, that finally manage to get the girl of their dreams, knowing that they won't put in sufficient effort and treat her right in the relationship, please leave!

1. Sooner or later we will realize it

We are not blind. If you refuse to do the little things, and slack off from being a real boyfriend- we will realize it. So playing deceptive games and pretending like everything is not your fault, or you're doing your very "best", is only going to last so long. Which brings me to my next point.

2. Waste of time?

Why waste everyone's time? If you're not gonna man up and ensure that you're treating the other person with kindness and respect, then you are certainly just on the cusp of when she is gonna walk away. This sort of illogical behavior is a big waste of time for everyone.

3. No, we won't settle

Hoping that we don't notice or get used to your lazy ass behaviors is quite pathetic. No, we really know what we deserve and what we are worth, so settling for a guy that won't put in effort while there are 10 guys lining up to be in your spot, isn't the way to go.

67
amandaschwartz is a GirlsAskGuys Editor
Who are Editors?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't understand why these type of Takes are always directed to men, when women have to do the same shit. This idea that men are the only ones that have to put in effort is why so many girls wonder why they get dumped so fast, or why they can't get a date.
    I agree with what you said, but it applies to both genders.

Most Helpful Girl

• But you always say about what everyone is doing wrong but you never say what you actually have to offer them.

Join the discussion

56
  • I agree that slackers shouldn't be in relationships, both genders.
    I found a few guys that said I was the woman of their dreams, some didn't put in the effort, others did. It's all about finding the right guy who will treat you nice and make you feel complete.

• Women must be sufficient​ and just as contributive in the relationship as well, just so you know.

• This is so true. And there is nothing hypocritical in this post like many guys are saying.

• This MyTake shouldn't exist. When a guy finds the real girl of his dreams, he won't be able to give enough effort.

• Yeah, people should stay out when they can't handle the heat. This goes for everything.

• That's okay I don't want you either

• Continue to preach girlie.

• i wouldn't give up that easily

• How are you even an editor here?

• "So settling for a guy that won't put in effort while there are 10 guys lining up to be in your spot" ... didn't you have sex with some of these guys while you were with your ex?

• Dear GAG,

How is amandaschwartz even an editor when all she posts is garbage like this? At what point will you say enough is enough and stop allowing her to drag down GAG's standards?

Sincerely,
    DIsgusted

• Wait... GAG has standards?

When did this happen?

• Nah, I'd bet she's at least 27. Maybe a little older. Her writing just screams "Angry post-Wall woman".

• @Barrabus_the_Free Good point, now that you mention it...