Why I Hate Dating Gamer Girls, Anime Girls, and Geeky Girls

1. They outright don't know what they want in a guy.

They say they want XYZ but their guy freind right next to them is just what they are describing. Twice I have rejected a girl and suggested that she try dating her guy freind and twice they have tried and quickly went back to being friends. Girls you really do not want a guy who is all into what you love. It just does not work out.

2. They only know about what they like and only talk about it.

They can't really talk about anything else for a time without going back to what they are about. You can only talk to a girl about one thing for so long before you want to get to know her and well she has no idea how to help you with that and will try to open up only to pull away. Making you either dump her or go back to talking about the same tv show all over again.

3. They have to try their role playing fantasy once at least.

If she really enjoys it well your screwed pretending to be that guy from that thing whom she loves more than making love to her boyfriend.

4. Almost all of them have issues, huge insecurities, and can't control themselves.

Girls reading lets face it. You have to admit that you always really want/will get that one awesome item from your favorite show or game.

5. Unrealistic expectations.

Most of them have huge hang ups and will expect you to behave a certain way and do a certain thing and the best part is, they won't tell you what they want or what it was you needed to do. So 6 months into the relationship you see her and your heart sours. However when you get closer you see that she is crying and her best freind is comforting her. You try talking to her but she is just muttering gibberish. Her best freind tells you that it is best that you leave. So she ends it because of her unrealistic expectations. I had a freind whose wife to be of 3 days broke it off because he never gave her 1 rose on her pillow in the morning. Yet he regularly do so much for her and gave her plenty of her favorite flower. Sadly it was not a rose cause it would have saved his bacon if it had been.

6. They only want to talk about what they love.

They will only tolerate you talking about what you like while they are with their friends.

7. You have to let her win.

This is mostly for gamer girls but since the others often play games based on their favorite thing this is also for them. YOU NEED TO LET HER WIN AND GET THE BIGGEST SCORE!!! Vs or co-op you have to play her game all the time and she needs to get the higher score otherwise she won't be happy for a while and an unhappy girl makes an unhappy boy freind. Till you replay that game and let her win.

8. The guy is rarely first, unless she is really horny he will always be behind her favorite thing.

If something new is coming out for her. He is back on the shelf. Till she calls him to watch or play the new game, show, or book.

9. They are anti social and they really want you to be also.

A night in watching/playing is so much better to them. I get that but when they slowly take away your social life also it starts sucking. They have no problem trying to kill your social life so that you will be with them more. They also will happily manipulate you into deciding to stay with them instead of going to be with your friends or family. Often they are so insecure that they will convince themselves that your going to cheat on them if you go out. Why because modern entertainment trained them to think that way. Your night out with friends will lead to you falling for your best friend's sister who you always say is just like a sister to you. Night out with the guys in her mind means poker and a stripper.

10. Over hyped and most of it is a lie.

The innocent ones are usually the worst girl friends and it will be a pain to convince her and teach her how to have sex. It won't be cute, it will be work.

#Don'tbelievethehype

Those are my reasons for not dating those girls again. Let me know your thoughts in the comments below. If you have any experiences or girls you have had some experiences like this with a guy please tell your story.

2525

Most Helpful Girl

• Lol. I've gamed for a long time and I don't fit this description - and most of the gamer girls I know are engaged. Not saying there aren't girl gamers out there who aren't like this and this is intended to be a generalization - not a universal claim - I'm just saying that I had an opposite experience.

• This is the norm gamer girl in my experience too lol. Even one of my exes is pretty hardcore gamer, married and in school to become a vet.

• @rjroy3 I agree but I also see where the guy is coming from.

Most Helpful Guy

• No surprise you went anon - I'd be ashamed to sign my name to this bullshit too.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 24

• Being a gamer myself (your favorite) the only thing that holds true here for me is being antisocial. This sounds more like lashing out at an entire demographic due to having a couple of negative experiences and not being able to accept and handle it gracefully.
    1. I know exactly what I want and one of the reasons I haven't had a boyfriend is that I don't settle for someone who isn't good for me.
    2. I enjoy talking about anything and everything. That's one of the reasons I'm on this site. If I don't know about something I'm not ashamed to admit it and ask questions in order to learn more.
    3. I don't have a roleplay fantasy
    4. The title and description don't match so I don't know what you're getting at.
    5. I have expectations for my future boyfriend but they're 100% realistic. It's fair to expect someone to be loyal, no? If you don't meet those basic expectations of a relationship then we're simply not compatible.
    6. A repeat of #2. Great variety of points you got there.
    7. Please don't use the excuse that you "let me win" when I kick your ass in any game of your choosing.
    8. This is for any gender. If we're in the middle of a game, don't interrupt us, whether we're male or female.
    9. I'm introverted but in no way does my partner have to be. We have our life together but we also have our individual lives.
    10. I don't know what you're trying to say

• The editor altered it and changed the pics in it. With this I'm not sure what it says.

• It sounds like maybe you have a few issues here!. Did you meet a girl with all these problems? 🤔 Poor you! But some of these issues aren't really issues!.
    1. I agree with you there! Relationships are largely about chemistry.. if it is there it's great. If not...
    2. of course they can't talk about something they don't know for long... who can?
    3. Well yeah.. that's just crap!
    4. Don't understand this one! 😏
    5. Find a woman who is upfront with her expectations! ( and has realistic expectations) ... and don't assume!
    6. This is just crap! Relationships are a two way street.
    7. I hate being competitive with a guy. I feel like I need to let him win. Not fun after a while.
    8. It's the same with guys... on his list of priorities.. I think I was number 25.
    9. People don't stay in all the time, and people don't go out all the time.
    10. Most 'innocent' girls I know.. not so innocent. You sound really judgmental. How is a girl supposed to relax and get her freaky on! Seriously?

• Alright. I'll bite, this bait looks delicious.

I don't think anyone enjoying video games is any sort of metric to to distinguish someone's personality. I mean. I wouldn't assume you had a specific personality type if you liked video games. We are all people and have our own sense of self and character. Hobbies don't really come into that. It's more profound of a reason, it's about self esteem and personal experiences.

I'm guessing you have recently had some sort of poor experience and are now trying to extrapolate something onto everyone. But correlation is not causation.

If you have been in this scenario you possibly are not mature enough - you have let someone manipulate you because you did not have the strength to set personal boundaries. She is of course awful if she was willing to play with your emotions - I am not trying to justify that but if you are also willing to feed a cancerous mindset then it is inevitably going to grow into something destructive. But it takes two to make a relationship work and throwing 100% of the blame is also childish.

Failing that, then you just need to search for a different type of woman. One who is more mature and honest with her needs. Whoever you know is just flawed because they are self-centred and have little empathy. Though this still has nothing to do with hobbies. It's like saying someone is a complete meat head because they like exercise..

At the same time however, there are some kind of faux gamers I've noticed who do it for the attention. I can concede that does exist.

• This is kind of dumb, these things could happen with anyone, not just a gamer/geek girl. It sounds like you had a bad experience with one gamer girl in particular and are now projecting her faults onto all of them.
    And I'm not even into games or anime, so I'm not just trying to defend myself.

• I'm a gamer girl, and I find this offensive - none of these are true for me or any gamer girl I personally know.
    My partner is also a gamer and usually it's me who let him win... (only not telling him. :D It's kind of an ego boost for him if he knows he can beat me in the games we play. But in most games he is still better.)

• @Morggioghan Hey Morrioghan! I noticed you're from Hungary. There's this recent girl from Hungary I've met and she's driving me crazy - you mind if I ask you a few questions about your culture?

• And as I see, I need 19 points more to reach it. If you can wait two days, I hope I will get it.

• I'll be short and quick. Firstly, thank you for helping ;) This girl was born in Hungary, then did her college education at Umberg in Germany, then moved here to the USA for a job with a German company.

She's a drop dead gorgeous blonde, but a female player who LOVES attention - puzzle I solved on day one. We've been going back and forth for a while and normally I would have moved on, but she is trying so hard to get my attention back.

Another gorgeous European girl (from Austria) once told me that "men must chase the women," - this mentality seems to be quite common throughout Europe, especially Eastern parts.

Conclusively, the pattern of mind game that this girl is doing is indeed the "chase me" mentality, however I am hesitant to assume because of her being from a foreign culture (s).

Would you agree that the "chase me" mentality is the norm in your culture?

• 1. No, I know exactly what I want in a guy. I haven't been in a real relationship because I haven't found someone.
    2. I talk about everything. That's one reason I am here. I'm really direct and if I want to know something, I will ask. That's one reason I want someone who is easy to talk to.
    3. I don't have a role play fantasy.
    4. The title and description dont match. Yes, I have insecurities but I have come a long ways. I used to hate the way I look because I was bullied but now I don't hate the way I look. Of course, if I want something I will get it. Right now I am looking for the right pair of black and yellow tights.
    5. I have preferences and expectations and they're realistic and I will give as much as I get. It's not too much to expect something like loyalty.
    6. Repeat of #2
    7. I'm not competitive at all.
    8. In a relationship, my man is #1. I'm atheist so I don't believe that "God comes first" in a relationship. But no it's not too much to ask that there's no talking during movie or tv. Unless we've already seen it then I don't care.
    9. I'm an introvert and I'm not needy. He can spend a night out with his friends or whatever and I will read a book and have some tea.
    10. Not sure what you're getting at. But I think that when something is worth it, it won't be easy.

• You sir have just narrowed your dating field by stereotyping. Why not give someone a chance before you write them off because of a few past experiences? I assume you had these experiences because if you hadn't then your whole way of thinking is only going to hinder your chances in the dating world.

• It seems like you're describing one specific individual woman.

• I doubt any gamer girls want to date you. So I guess you have no worries.

• I am a gamer, and I am 100% not having any of these qualities/or defects you mentioned in your take. Plus you're very offensive.

• I kinda want a guy who doesn't want to fuck me or can at least keep that the hell to himself and just enjoys gaming with me. Oh, what's that? Has the crowd thinned considerably? Weird how that works.

As a Gamer Girl, don't prod me. I could write dozens of rants about all the neurotic individuals who have decided I was the object of their affection over the years. Course that'd be ignoring all the good friends I've made in spite of them, but y'know. I could do it.

• "I kinda want a guy who doesn't want to fuck me or can at least keep that the hell to himself and just enjoys gaming with me. "

Thinned the crowd?
      Nah you just destroyed it 😂😂😂😂😂.
      Your best bet would be a gay guy

• Most of these can apply to women who aren't gamers, geeks or obsessed with anime. I don't get a lot of this stuff. I'm a bit of a geek and I play video games, not nearly as much as I used to, but I'm not like this.

• I will say though, I have met my fair share of girls who like anime a little too much. Not to mention Hentai. I'm just like gurlllll, calm yo self doooown. To the GROUND.

• Bahaha

This is all a load of bullshit XD thanks for the laugh.

• Sounds like you had a bad experience and are taking out on certain types of women.

Funny part is that I like anime and video games. 😂

• The part about this that is the most bullshit is #7. I LOVE when people are better at games than me, especially fighting games (my favorite genre), because I can learn from playing with them. If you really meet someone so insecure that you have to let them win, that's your cue to dip.

• Lmfao we gamer/geeky/anime girls don't want you either. Right @TokyoGhoulLover?
    #BoyBye
    media.giphy.com/media/26uf1obq3ifbbixVK/giphy.gif

• Lies...
    How many 'gamer girls' have you actually dated?

• How many have you dated/been close to? I get that definitely some of the girls you describe fit those catagories but generalizing so excessively is like saying all guy who play online FPS are drooling neanderthals with the emotional capacity of 10 year olds. I think maybe the girls you knew only thought of relationships being one-sided. There needs to be a *partnership* for any relationship to be healthy, and hey sure maybe certain kinds of girls will take longer to reach that point but that doesn't mean you have to not go into a relationship without any standards or guidelines as to what's okay & what's not. There has to be give and take in a relationship but it should never be just one sided. By the sounds of it, these experiences have really made you think about what you want in a relationship too.

• You say the same list for gamer, geeky and anime guys.

• Dang man, who spit in your bean curd?

• This is hilarious.

• freind

• i guess

• it is not always like that

What Guys Said 24

• I don't get it. This is like me being a metal-head and making an article why I hate going to Justin Bieber concert. You make it sound like they are the problem and you are how a human should be. Otherwise you wouldn't have posted it on the internet telling how much you hate them.

"A night in watching/playing is so much better to them" Yes? Some people want to spend their nights home and not go to the big city party all night long. It's not like that's what everyone "should" do. "You are supposed to go out and party and not stay at home with your partner or there is something wrong with you"

Let me tell what I hate about extrovert people. They think they are always superior and how they prefer to live their lives is the correct way and if you don't want to go out and see the world all the time, there is something wrong with you. They are incapable to understand that people are different and not everyone are like they are. But introvert people spend time to think a little bit more instead of just constantly making noises from their mouth to avoid silence, they understand that people are different and respect that.

Yea don't fucking date an introvert gamer girl if you are extrovert non-gamer. Makes no sense. And makes even less sense to bash them on the internet because "they don't know what they want". It's you who doesn't know what you want or how to get it. You are the one dating the wrong kind of girls.

• I don't really know how some of these things ONLY apply to gamer/anime/geeky girls
    Its like you dated one gamer girl who was like this and then assumed that every gamer girl must be the same.
    i highly doubt her liking video games is the reason she was like that. because i dont see the correlation

• Number 7 is an absolute fallacy! A true gamer girl is competitive as fuck and is aiming to kick your ass! :-D

• Try winning 5 times in a row and see how right I am. She will never play against you in that game again. With you sure against you na. With her boyfriend vs her guy friend it is a lot different.

• cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder496/60465496.jpg
    Where did you get this? Encyclopedia for the ignorant?

• "Gamer girls" I wouldn't assume to be that bad, I've played with a few and they were chill. It's probably a WHOLE lot different if you're dating them.

Does make sense with anime as it does plague and ruin your mind with unrealistic romance expectations.

• The #1 item you addressed was my first question that immediately came to mind as I caught your post on the feed - are gamer girls focused on sex or their needs in that department? Do they express it?

I binge game when I can (during some breaks) and was always curious how girl gamers are in bed.

• None of these reasons except for sometimes maybe 7 are related to being Gamer girls, anime girls and geeky girls.

But I can reek you being hurt and all bitter and judging all members of a culture by having experience with just a few. Not very smart!

• "I had a friend whose wife to be of 3 days broke it off because he never gave her 1 rose on her pillow in the morning."

LOL, he dodged a bullet, what do you think marriage would have been like? Almost as fun as the divorce.

• if someone at some point in their life feel that video games or a certain show is more important than real life or their partner then that person is fucked up, iam not even interested in an explanation its just plain sad and childlish.

• What I have noticed about these types of women is that they are highly freaky and sexual, which is a plus

• Im sorry but this was badly written and highly inaccurate.

• Everything you wrote can be said about ANY girl.
    Rookie.

• Dude these are the best kinds why you hatin? Were you rejected?

• Looks like you just had a bad experience with a gamer girl and are now saying they all are bad?

• I don't think that is every gamer girl, bro. Perhaps that gamer girl of yours prevent you from being social so you don't meet much gamer girls.

• I'm a huge hardcore gamer but I don't have a problem with other things besides gaming. I think dating a gamer girl would be very hard for me because I wouldn't want someone who is more into games than me.

Also I hate the idea of throwing games. If you're going to play a game it should be skill vs skill if you're not as good then that fine. If you really want to be then earn it improve and try and beat them. Don't just get angry and think you deserve to win when in reality they're just better than you.

• Aside from 8 - 10 this sounds like all women lol, just in a negative light.

• That said. I'll fuck a girl up in some halo. I'm ranked chick. Know your place

• I disagree with a fiery passion

• This sounds like a few bitter experiences.

• You're making broad generalizations dude..

• Yeah fuck all of them.

• Here's a generalization.

• Any place where men come to gather and congregate—especially during the tumultuous teenage years—isn’t what anybody would call a “safe space.” We form bonds—often life-long—with other males and we battle back and forth in groups. At the global level, it can take the real, important ways of war, politics, and general power conflicts. Human history has been overwhelmingly influenced by males simply because, as I shall sketch out, that women are not interested in agency or seizing power simply to exercise agency or have real power.
    This dynamic is fully on display in the video game community, as men have built, nurtured and maintained the community for years. Even when called nerds, treated like losers by women, men who loved video games still played them. It can be a brutal place from a shit-talking standpoint, either you can develop a thick skin, or you find out you aren’t cut from the right cloth to handle the banter. Competition can be fierce and reputations are difficult to make and easy to destroy. It is a mirror to real life, as people will shit-talk you, talk behind your back and often times don’t act in accordance with your wishes and best interest.
    However, a curious and recent development has occurred, with women demanding access to this largely male-exclusive enclave. As usual, the typical female narrative emerges: those sexist brogamers have prevented women from engaging in gaming for so long, it’s time to change! They have swept into the video game community, set up shop and are making demands. As we see elsewhere in society, men are not men until they have a woman in his life, most likely “reforming” him so he fits her image of how men should behave.
    Why did women wait until now to be gamers? And, no, I don’t mean some person who plays solitaire on his laptop or “Words With Friends” on her bejeweled iPhone. The primary reason is simply that the star— the power— of the industry has passed. No, I’m not saying video games are dead or anything of that sort, what I’m saying is that women don’t want actual power but the appearance of it. They don’t want challenges, they want simple solutions fed to them by media, “9 Ways to Feel Better Right Now,” “10 Reasons It Isn’t Your Fault You Married A Cheater,” and so on. They want empowerment, which by the nature of the word, means they want power handed to them, not taken.
    The power that has been drained from video games is their ability to challenge the gamer. Video games are soft these days.

• I remember playing the original Super Mario for NES. There were no save games. Either you got it all right in one try, or it was start over from the beginning. Nowadays? Assassin’s Creed doesn’t even have a save function, as the game only proceeds if you don’t make a mistake. At worst, you are set back at most a few minutes, not an entire two hours. Early video games had shit for graphics, now some games have no substance and all flash. Guess when women wanted to be a part of the community?
      A lack of real difficulty is the primary reason that women are now increasingly becoming gamers. The power of video games has been drained; there are no more frustrated afternoons where you try to find a way to kill a Red Dragon in Baldur’s Gate or deal with a horde of zombies in Resident Evil. Now, walk-through’s are nary a second away on Google with no worries about screwing up a game in epic fashion that results in a waste of 20 hours. Modern gamers are coddled.

• And no I wouldn't call myself a 'gamer girl' but just someone who enjoys video games. I've never even considered whether or not it was a 'male space' because I like what I like. Period. That stuff isn't even a factor to me.

• If you lose it's simply that you lost. You try again until you beat that level/game. You don't blame anyone for it... It's pretty simple. It seems like you making this a lot more complicated than it really is. At least for normal people. But then again it's hard to see through all that smoke.

• Baseless as fuuuuu