Before we get started, it's definitely true that not all of these apply to all people all the time in these sorts of situations, but more often than not, this is exactly what happens in either daytime or nighttime flirting situations.
We've all had inebriated people approach us in clubs/bars/street...and not a single one of them was actually eligible for a real relationship... Why?
Because asking someone out in those sorts of situations, especially if you're drunk shouldn't count!
Well...there are certain aspects that are well covered during nighttime:
1. They could be, and 99% of the time are drunk.
2. They are probably looking for a fling, some meaningless sex, less probably anything more meaningful...
3. They're looking to cheat, i.e., potentially going behind their girlfriend's OR wife's back!
4. Who knows how many women they've hooked up with earlier that same night!
5. Their flirting usually consists of uninvited touching and inappropriate sexual innuendos.
6. They'll expect you to be inebriated too - and probably buy you drinks to help you get there...
7. All the people around are most probably so drunk themselves they won't notice if he/she tries to do something inappropriate or illegal to you.
But, during daytime, most probably:
1. They'll rely on actual conversation to get you interested.
2. They'll be more upfront.
3. They're probably looking for an honest date, a potential relationship, less likely a hookup.
4. They, most probably, aren't hiding from anyone, i.e., are single.
5. They are, most probably, sober.
6. They will expect you to be fully aware of everything that's going on, since the drink of choice during daytime is usually coffee/water, not alcohol.
7. The people around you are vigilant and sober creating a safer environment.
Just a little cheat sheet I thought some of you might enjoy!
Yes, these are all common sense things...but people get swept up in the moment and forget...it's our nature.