Online Dating SUCKS if You Happen to Be Male

Match Group LLC is a subsidiary of IAC/InterActiveCorp which owns Tinder, OkCupid, Plenty of Fish, Match.

You know, pretty much all the big names in online dating. Since y'all like lists so much:

1. OKCupid has officially been quoted as stating that the site is in actuality a human social experiment.

https://theblog.okcupid.com/we-experiment-on-human-beings-5dd9fe280cd5

2. According to science, online dating services do not use valid metrics to match or provide services to their users. Tinder has long since known about the Tinder Bug where no matches are able to be made due to their erroneous code. OkCupid and POF suffered similar bugs.

https://gizmodo.com/5899226/science-online-dating-is-bullsht

https://forums.androidcentral.com/general-help-how/459536-tinder-50-bug-heres-why-anyone-have-fix.html

https://www.reddit.com/r/Tinder/comments/4ryqu9/3_weeks_absolutely_zero_matches_the_fuck/

Online Dating SUCKS if you happen to be male

3. Match Group uses chatbots, fake profiles, and zombie profiles to make it appear like users are actually using it's services. Tinder says it tries to stop the spam yet on all it's platforms the fake profiles and scambots target men too naive to say no.

https://lifehacker.com/how-to-tell-if-a-tinder-profile-is-fake-1772999305

http://valleywag.gawker.com/tinder-is-full-of-robot-prostitutes-1610277221

https://www.scambusters.org/chatbot.html

Tinder sucks if you are a guy. There are so many other men competing that women only respond to roughly 20% of the messages from men. Meanwhile the majority of men maintain a profile that gets ignored and his messages get little to zero response. Often, he's messaging a woman that couldn't be bothered to delete her profile when she stopped using the app so the company is still advertising her profile.

Women online don't want to meet in real life. Any talk of face to face interaction is met with withdrawal or us being ignored again. For the lucky guys who can actually convince her to meet offline, often the date is begat with disappointment. She expects him to pay for everything, she spends the whole date on her phone, she doesn't communicate well, she's shallow, and generally a bad date for the majority of people I've witnessed using online dating. It works for some but 1% of the population does not represent the experiences the rest of us have to deal with.

So not only are these companies monopolizing online data, they aren't providing valid algorithms for matching services, creating an environment for chatbots/fake profiles/zombie profiles to populate their servers, and generally not providing the dating services that they claim to.

Online Dating SUCKS if You Happen to Be MaleOnline Dating SUCKS if You Happen to Be Male

622

Most Helpful Girl

• You are right 😕

Most Helpful Guy

• The women on dating sites are mostly looking for validation, with little or no intention of actually dating anyone.
    Try a pay site, it keeps the riff-raff out. And get some pro-help with your profile. This isn't where your honesty and being 'up front' pays off. I'm not saying you lie, I'm saying get some help so that you appear attractive to what THEY want.
    And women have horrible profiles - it's just ALL about THEM. Solipsism shows through clearly.

• Paid sites has fake profiles too. I wouldn't use any online dating sites. And if I did I would never send the first message.

• I agree with everything but the pay site part. Been there, done that bullshit and STILL had an empty inbox. Why pay to be ignored when I can do that for free?

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 5

• you can go free on pay sites too. just hide a contact info good, so the algorithm won't find it out. (like put your id your name)

i never used the sites mentioned above.
    i know the tinder is for sex only (mostly. i know it from my girlfriend who's into casuals. I'm not.)

i used the sites which belong to an Australian company.
    cupidmedia, then check services tab
    you can find quality people there.

online dating has higher risk because of building up expectations and sometimes (?) they don't match with the reality.
    my advice in this: meet asap. don't chat lot.

about the profiles:
    put a good picture. can even be your business one. or show some of your hobby /interest.

no need a long intro. few cares to read. show some of your personality: be funny if you joke a lot. be specific if you're looking for something.
    (my guy was looking for someone to practice & help with english)

avoid:
    - no picture about animals "im with my dog, look how cute he is! do u wanna know him? "
    - no half naked pic
    - no partying pic (or not as main one)
    - no "i have a car"

• You forgot to add: avoid pictures that are very clearly you with an ex. There are so many pictures I've seen of a guy with their ex and a circle or smilie placed over her face, one of my favorites was a guy who placed a circle over her face and then wrote in the circle 'This could be you' Noped that so fast.

• Waste of time

• If you're serious about dating try a pay site like eHarmony or Match. com. I know nobody wants to pay for anything but at least that way you only get people who are serious about dating and there is more of an even male/female ratio. You won't find bots or women who joined just for the hell of it. Now if you're just looking to hook up, obviously those sites aren't for you. I'm sure it's frustrating but you really can't complain about what you're getting when it's a FREE service.

• Well I am on going on a date with a guy I met online this weekend. I really like him, because he's easy to talk to and very smart. I hope things go well.

I know a lot of people who married people they met online. You win some you lose some

• Online dating happens to suck if you're male without game.

• You probably could of cut out the first half, it doesn't have anything to do with your argument

What Guys Said 21

• I personally have no issue with Tinder. Yeah, I come across plenty of girls who are only interested in attention or entertainment. However I've still found quite a few genuine girls on there, if anything the problem's been that they've been a little clingly... But hey, you can't have it both ways.

• Surprise! You are using the wrong sites.

Rule number one: You have to pay.

Rule number two: To find sites that have more women than men, think like a woman and figure out where you would want to be.

Rule number three: Tinder is for fboys and sluts. Zoosk is for fat women. Eharmony is for people who want to get married. AshleyMadison is for fools.

Rule number four: If the site is using words to entice male users, you are being played.

• By that logic I'll just hire an escort from backpage and be done with the bullshit.

• Cutting to the chase, skip the bullshit and get a hooker.

• @demonics $250 is not worth an hour of my time.

• OK, I’m not here for long time, but this is the best article on GAG, what I’ve read. Seriously. Excellent job, man.
    It’s because it’s so close to me. I’ve tried Tinder and it was pretty much exactly, how you describe it. Long, long time ago, with some older version, I got couple matches. Only one of them was someone, with who I went out. It wasn’t a date, because just based on text communication, I’ve determined, that it wouldn’t work.
    But that’s it. Nothing else beyond that. Not a single match. I consulted my profile with couple of girl-friends, and I swiped right at 90% of time. Even if there was some outdoor girl, or someone who doesn’t have face, just makeup. And…nothing. After months, I’ve uninstalled it. Then, after some moths, I’ve installed it again. And…the same. Nothing. The only thing, what that app gave me, was feeling of worthlessness. And it discharge battery quite fast.
    So, your description of how date went on…I cannot judge.
    I know I’m not super attractive (or…attractive :-D ), but fuckin’ hell… Nothing after months? And me, being not alone in this…it’s smells bad.
    I like the note about girls (although I would say people in general), who cannot be bothered to delete their profile. That’s why inactive profile should be automatically deleted. But it seems like that’s exactly what these companies don’t want.
    It seems more than obvious, that Tinder is money making scheme. Do you want others to see your profile? Pay. Do you want to give likes? Pay. Do you want…whatever? Pay. No, thanks.

• Here's a little secret about online dating: LIE. You MUST lie to get a response from women.
    I lied and got tons of responses. Try it if you don't believe me.

• Oh no, I completely believe you. I've done it. Lying works. I'm just bad at it because I'm honest. I tend to try to be as honest as possible and I believe that's a huge reason for my failures.

• It really depends what online site you use. I've used all the online sites. To be honest, the ones like OKCupid, POF, Match, those are bad for men. If you try to send a random message to a woman you like, chances are she won't reply, because she gets a million messages a day or she just isn't interested in you.

The best online dating sites for men are the ones that allow you to match with people, such as Tinder and Bumble. If you match with someone, at least you know they are interested in you. The only flaw is that a lot of women tend not to reply, end up being flakes, etc. That's why you need to match with everyone, delete the ones you don't like, and then try to make something happen with the ones you do like.

I actually met the girl I am dating right now on Tinder. We've been dating for 8 months now. I had over 500 matches on Tinder and went out on a different date each week or almost a year before I met the girl I am currently dating.

It's tough out there for men, but it's possible to find someone you match with, if you put in the work.

• Totes sucks. lol

• Lol, I got one of these as well. I think they do this to keep men logging on.

• @Deuteros Exactly. Only problem is none of those people are serious about actually dating IRL, they want companion animals to talk to incessantly via digital.

• I wonder why girls are on dating sites if they don't want to meet up in person eventually? I've gotten some discussions going with a few girls, I talked with them for a week but as soon as I brought up meeting up in person poof and their gone! Then I figured 1 week was too soon so I tried again with a couple other girls, they quit responding after a week.

Like what do they expect? We're just going to be pen-pals?

• What I hate about online dating apps the attention sloots.

• I sort of disagree but it depends on what type of guy you are.

Coffee Meets Bagel for example has 65% women to 35% men and I have found finding a date on the app to be a joke. However most women have bachelor's degrees or more on the app and are desperate to find a man of similar or greater education

• I think the reason there are 35% men is because we read the name and we're like "wtf is this dumb shit of a name, this can't be a good app"

• @frozenhorizon LOL definitely agree. Potential matches are called "bagels" which is kinda stupid tbh

• Now that you're telling me it's 65% women I might try it though, lol.

• bro dating in general sucks if you are a guy.

anyways a while back I heard that OKC was considered the worst dating site as of now and don't even get me started with tinder!

cf.girlsaskguys.com/.../...e-899a-8c73a25d3933.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/kcOXYmm.png

• Basically, yes it is way easier for girls to get attention online than it is for guys. And that sucks. They just don't want us as much as we want them, and sex is a driving factor in that.

• I have solution to that.
      Ignore them. Give them taste of their medicine.
      Oh, I wish I could just change brain of every man. :-)

• Women (no matter their appearance) only want attractive men. Most men want any woman that will talk to them. Do the math...

• Online dating is almost impossible for a large number of men, and a complete easy bonanza for others. There really are guys out there sleeping with more than a woman a week off tinder. And then dozens of guys getting nothing.

I'd agree that paid sites are better, there are some techniques, but if you don't have a fair bit to attract women to begin with, it's a waste of time. Men are often looking for a woman who is sort of nice and faithful. Women would rather be single then with a man like that.

• This is only bad for average looking dudes but the the good looking ones are the ones that get all the girls it's like this 80% of the girls only go after the higher echelon 20% of dudes.

• Tinder is full of female bots, I did talk to a few women but there were a lot of bot accounts!

In terms of dating sites that are not based around hookups like Tinder and Bumble... the key thing to understand with online dating as a man, is that women become EXTREMELY picky without that in-person charm to sway their emotions around.

That being said, don't invest a lot of time into online dating! Only use dating sites during "off-peak-time" (such as while on break at work, at night before bed on a weeknight, etc.)

• So get offline and find em in person! Best solution.

• Haha yeah it sucks ass. I've experimented with them for years but concluded that they are absolutely worthless. You don't need it though, just talk to girls in person, do not act thirsty or nervous, and be blatantly honest with them. And then you should do fine, the difficult part is just where to find a girl who is single that you actually would like to date.

It's actually gotten much worse in the last few years, probably as a result of like instagram millenial culture and that kind of shit. Back in like 2011 it was actually possible to have a decent conversation with a girl on a dating site. Now it is almost impossible, regardless of how many messages you send. And it's definitely not me, in 2011 I was a depressed unhealthy neet living at my parent's house and I got a lot of responses. Now I do way better in life but online dating women don't give a shit, the only explanation is that their reasons for joining dating sites in 2017 are different than they used to be.

• I mean the same messages + same male profile in 2011 would go much farther than it does now. It's like inflation of the dollar, lmao. Inflation of online dating message effectiveness.

• It used to be 1 in 5 would respond, now it has inflated to 1 in 50.

• At this point I'm just trying to figure out where the interesting girls hang out in person man. No problem talking to them, it's just hard to find them lol.

• 0|0
  • Yeah.

• Funny. Just deleted Tinder and Hot or Not the other day. After keeping them maybe... two weeks? It was more to see what people saw when they looked at my pics. I just wanted a simple idea if I'm decent looking or maybe need to change looks a bit. More of curiosity than actually serious. The responses were as I expected before I downloaded. Few and with gals playing hard to get. Even if all I wanted to do is casually chat with one girl about Lion King, there was quite a sense of snobbery. Yet she's the same girl who warned to not harass her. I legit started conversation in the most neutral and calm way I could and ofc she couldn't be decent human being with that. People on those apps are mainly about looks. I couldn't even get a decent experiment since with both apps, I got about 5 views. In two weeks. Pretty pathetic. Ik it's free, but they get so many downloads and likely can get plenty of ad money so come on now. Those apps feed narcissism. It's another huge reason I didn't take it seriously.

• Yeah I agree. Most women on dating sites are narcissistic bitches.

• Haha yeah, I think a lot of it has to do with the women who end up on dating sites and active on there, it doesn't really represent the whole population