Why The "Bad Boy" Gets More Women Than The "Nice Guy"

So a few days ago I was procrastinating my studies in order to look at the /r/niceguys page on Reddit. I was scrolling through the all time feed and laughing my ass off at all the self proclaimed "nice guys." About 5 pages into the all time feed I had a stunning realization, I was that guy that these Reddit users are roasting. Looking back on it, I am so glad that I am no longer the ironic and hypocritical "nice guy".

In middle school, I was the textbook definition of a "nice guy". I would practically beg girls to date me and some of those girls dated me, but only out of pity. Those "relationships" didn't last longer than two weeks. I would always either blame my "bad genetics" that made me unattractive, or I would blame women for not wanting a nice guy and always wanting a bad boy. This mentality all changed one day in the 8th grade. I was sitting in Spanish class and my friend didn't do the homework, so I let him copy off of my homework. The teacher saw my friend copying my paper and she asked who he was copying the homework from. My friend, with no choice left, pointed to me. My Spanish teacher looked at me and said "Noah, you're too nice."

I would remember those very words until this very day. She then assigned us both a detention (however I was able to cancel mine.), but it wasn't the fact that I was caught doing something I wasn't suppose to be doing that stuck with me, it was the fact that all this time, I was acting like a beta bitch. Those words turned me from a "nice guy" beta bitch, to a man. Throughout high school I also struggled with women, however it wasn't such a big deal. I'd have my nice guy tendencies to rant about how girls don't like me, but I would take a deep breath and move the fuck on.

Today as a freshman in college, getting girls isn't a huge problem and now I've even been called a stereotypical "bad boy" (which I'm really not, but I will explain later) by a "nice guy". So today, I will explain why these "bad boys" (or Chads as nice guys claim) get more girls that the "nice guy".

1.) They don't spend every second trying to impress a girl

The stereotypical nice guy thinks that sending flowers to his crush every day will make her want to date her. Wrong. That's just fucking creepy. Stop buying her flowers, stop buying her boxes of chocolates, in fact stop buying a girl shit if you two aren't even in a relationship. Have you guys ever heard the saying "Don't put pussy on a pedestal"? That is exactly what these "nice guys" do, they treat a girl as a prize instead of a human being. Now, this doesn't mean to treat a girl like garbage. Although I've talked to girls who said that they like that kind of stuff, most girls don't. These "bad boys" don't spend every waking minute trying to impress a girl, they just do. In their heads, they think "Ima do whatever the fuck I want to do and if she's impressed by it, awesome, if not then oh well."

2.) "Nice guys" aren't actually nice

Did you guys notice how I put quotation marks around "nice guys"? It's because they claim to be nice, but they aren't. They are nice to you at first (usually in a creepy way), but then when you reject them, you're all of a sudden a self-absorbed cunt who only fucks Chads. They also think that any guy who is in a relationship is a "Chad", which is far from the truth. For the most part, i'm a genuinely nice guy. I'm not uber nice as you can probably tell by this take, but i'm nice to people who are nice to me and deserve respect. I've been on dates with girls before and have girls that are friends. I show respect EVERYONE who deserves respect, not just girls. It's not because I want to get laid (personally I don't because i'm a virgin by choice), its because i'm a decent human being. "Nice guys" are only nice because they want something out of it. I also put quotations around "bad boys" because 99% of the time, they aren't even the stereotypical bad boy.

3.) "Bad boys" don't use being nice as their only thing to offer

The real stereotypical bad boy offers adventure, which "nice guys" do not. "Nice guys" don't care about being adventurous, unless it's exploring a new DLC map for Call of Duty. If you're only offer to a girl is being nice, then you won't get any girls. That's like applying for a job and your only offer is that you'll show up on time. Then you complain about how the other guy got the job instead of you because of favoritism, but that other guy had a lot more things on his resume like work experience, a college education, etc... I'm not saying you should go out and buy a Harley Davidson motorcycle and a leather jacket and try to pick up as many women as possible, but go outside for once.

4.) "Nice guys" assume that the reason a girl breaks up with a guy is because of an abusive relationship

This kind of confuses me. It only show how ignorant "nice guys" are. "Nice guys" assume that because you broke up with your boyfriend, that means that he abused you and that you need to date him or else you'll repeat the cycle. It's the dumbest thing ever. There are so many reasons out there as to why couples split up, but yet "nice guys" assume that it's the worst reason possible. The funny thing is that those "nice guys" are most likely to become abusers.

5.) "Nice guys" assume that girls only date bad boys so they can turn them into nice guys.

I've seen many instances of "nice guys" complaining how women always want to flip bad boys into nice guys and that they should date them instead. What the fuck is this, HGTV? Are we flipping houses and shit? There are a few girls who try to do that, but the majority of girls don't even fuck with the stereotypical bad boy. They go with a genuine nice guy from the start. The reason YOUR not getting a date is because you're a dickhead. Plain and simple.

I know there are beta "nice guys" reading this take right now, so if you want to change, I'll leave a little advice

1.) Stop putting pussy on a pedestal

Please, I beg of you, stop doing this. Women are not prizes, they are humans like you and me. The reason you aren't getting girls is because you care too much. I've learned not to give two shits about getting girls and focus on myself.

2.) Get the fuck outside

Go outside of your house for once. Adventure. Travel to a new state or country. The more stories you gain, the more stories you can tell, and women love a good adventure story. I'll give you an example of one story I always like to tell girls. It's more of a funny story. When I was around 10 or 11, I use to like classic rock music, so my dad and I went to a Lynard Skynard concert, only to find out we were the only two black people there. It got even worse when in the middle of one of their songs, they rose the confederate flag and said that the south would rise again. We got stared at by a bunch of people. Now reading this, you'll probably think that this isn't that funny, however I tell it in a playful manner. It was an uncomfortable moment at the time, but it is a funny story nonetheless. Out of the many girls I've told this to, I've only had one girl not laugh her ass off. I also have other stories too, and what you need are some stories. So get the fuck outside

3.) Man the fuck up

Stop texting your crush eight times a day, stop stalking her Instagram, stop sending her unwanted nudes, and stop asking her for nudes. Learn what the qualities of a true man is and use them. Women flock to men who are masculine in nature and acting like a beta "nice guy" bitch won't help.

4.) Work out

Working out will help with your confidence and you'll look more physically pleasing. Studies have shown that women are more attracted to buff guys (not bodybuilders, but your average Calvin Klein model.) So work on your physique. I'll admit that I'm not a buff guy, i'm pretty skinny. However, I've been working out for three years now and i've grown some muscle. Now I can fit small size tee shirts really well (arms hugging the sleeves and everything) and sometimes I wear extra small if I want a really really nice fit. I've had girls tell me that they only date buff guys, even had a girl tell me that she's uncomfortable dating guys who weigh less than her. Unfortunately, the women who said that were really attractive, but it doesn't mean every girl thinks like this. "Nice guys" think that they can score Gal Gadot, but yet they're obese or rail thin. I'm not saying you can't get girls if your skinny or fat, but don't expect to automatically get a gorgeous girl who is fit if you aren't fit yourself.

5.) Change up your wardrobe

It's time to get rid of that weird ass Pokemon shirt and buy some nice clothes that fit well. Having nice clothes will instantly make you more attractive to women. Watch men's style videos on YouTube, get advice from a stylish friend. You don't need to be decked out in Supreme and Gucci clothing to get girls, you just need the basics and knowledge of how to wear your clothes with style.

And there you have it folks, the reasons why "bad boys" get more girls than these self-proclaimed "nice guys", also throwing in some tips on how to elevate your game. Feel free to express your love, hate, or questions in the comments below. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to read a 250 page book by next week. Wish me luck!

1739

Most Helpful Girl

• Good luck and happy reading! :D

But, yeah, I agree with pretty much everything you wrote.
    It still amazes me how the terms "nice guy" and "bad boy" are so misconceived, and oftentimes, even backwards.

The so-called "nice guys" that you use in your examples are basically sociopaths in disguise. Beware of anyone who exhibits superficial niceness and glibness, and easily reverts from these qualities to aggression when they don't achieve their goals. These are among the diagnostic criteria for antisocial personality disorder.

The "bad boys", despite having the potential to be complete psychopaths themselves, at least do you the favour of letting you know ahead of time what you'd be getting into.

• Actually I think you're right. I just wrote a reply saying that you shouldn't be a girly-man for the reasons he's stated, but the kinds of guys that he's getting at might actually be the ones who are just as sociopathic as the outright assholes, but know how to fake it.

• Yes many girls I've witnessed as such as well.

• I think anyone who uses the term "nice" to describe themselves and expects to be treated as MORE than a decent human being in exchange for simply being a decent human being is someone you need to be cautious around.

Decency does not entitle you to anything except decency. Going out of your way to please someone (e. g., showing up at midnight with flowers and chocolate) does not entitle you to be pleased from that person in return. If you find yourself going out of your way to please someone and they are not reciprocating, the solution is very simple--STOP trying to please this person and invest your efforts elsewhere. If, over time, you notice that nobody is pleased by your efforts, then perhaps it's time to change your efforts.

Most Helpful Guy

• I agree with your first point, but the rest I must disagree with. I was a genuinely nice person at one point. Really, no joke. You know where that got me with women? Nowhere. Low and behold, I start treating them worse, suddenly I have their attention. The fact is that a lot of these nice guys are actually nice and this myth that, "oh he was only being nice because he wanted to go out with me" is just nonsense peddled by roast beef to excuse the fact that yes, they do date some pretty shitty men. I've seen it first hand. As for your advice...

1. Agree.
    2. Agree.
    3. Agree.
    4. As long as you're not looking like Patchwerk you should be fine.
    5. As long as you don't look like too much of a sped you should be fine.

Join the discussion

What Girls Said 16

• Good take. Self-proclaimed nice guys are typically insecure, spineless, and aren't being genuine with who they are. Bad boys, on the other hand, may just be assholes OR may actually have more interesting qualities to offer other than being "nice." Point is... everyone's different and complex, and you can't judge anyone until you actually get to know them.

• Why thank you!

• In my experience, "nice guys" are actually the worst lol. The guys who don't need to prove anything to girls and are self-confident are the best guys.

• Same with girls lol!

• I agree with everything you said except when I marry he better put this pussy on a pedestal, because it comes on a golden platter lined with precious stones damn it.

• The clothing thing is sooo true. If a guy dresses what I refer to as “overly straight”, where he dresses in a lot of graphic tees, the same jeans and shoes.. it’s so ugly. Just wear a nice v-neck or something.

• I think it has indeed to do with the fact that bad guys are closer to masculinity. I mean they come off strong unlike the typical nice guy. The nice guy comes off as a weak guy who needs approval from a
    girl and whines if she doesn't. Though a typical bad guy (a douche bag) would turn every mature woman off. I mean if all he cares about is sex alcohol and drugs and acts like an immature careless little boy, trust me one won´t be attracted in the first place, only immature girls/sluts might.
    I think in the end it´s the masculine mature guy who draws the most attention and who is the most desirable. That´s the alpha of the pack.

• I don't study who's good and who's bad, once they have a good personality, a good heart, treats everyone well, like me, then i'll definitely date them.

And Good luck !

• It's not that they get more women. They just don't see women as "Women" per se. Bad boys see it as a collection. The more they have the better it is for their ego. It's an over feeding of ego. Women are attracted to this over confidence and the challenge of a bad boy turning good. It's obviously all illusion because most bad boys have deep rooted issues with self esteem. Most have been hurt by a female in the past so they treat women as they would treat that "girl" that once crushed their heart. Few bad boys think it's worth giving another girl a shot. If they do, they walk on eggshells waiting for you to mess up. They create this bad boy facade so the next girl does not think he can be toyed with. Bad boys are just nice guys that have been fucked over.

• I wasn't expecting such a logical, well-written article on this topic. I completely and 100% agree with everything you said. Thank you!

• Fuck bad guys I want a nice one who stands up for himself abs shows me love and care

• I think there is only a reason.
    ~ Females are crazy about love (or choosing boy)😂

• This is so bang on dude.

• Much appreciated!

• bad boys always get us

• Very well said! Bravo! I hope all of the "beta nice guy bitches" read this, get a grip, and stop posting all of the same dumb questions over and over again.
    👏

• I use to be too nice too... its all about boundaries

• Looks to me like they are trying to teach guys how to be little shit heads. "Don't put pussy on a pedestal." Wow. It's a shame that guys think there are only nice guys or intolerable assholes.

• OMG the flashbacks!

• Honestly this is what I look for.
    Sweet (i dont like being called a bitch to get my attention)
    Dangerous side. ( I know I'm going to get so much shit for this. Knowing my boyfriend will and can protect me makes me feel safe. Knowing I can control the beast Inside him makes my heart pound)
    Funny.
    Playful
    Honest
    Loyal.

• I don't think this is hard to understand.

• @VaIiant I'd have so much fun with a flame thrower.

• Omg same I want one so bad

What Guys Said 38

• Nice post. For me this highlights the difference between the (at least) two different definitions of a nice guy: someone who is a clingy girly-man, and someone who is NOT an actually abusive asshole. I think you're pretty much right as to why you should not be the former, but you can also go too far into bad-boy territory and become the latter... and still get girls! Obviously you should not do that for everyone's sake, so it's something to watch out for.

• If you become the latter, then those girls aren’t very high quality

• I don't know, plenty of girls have fallen for that sort of thing, because the guy usually hides it at first - I know a couple of these girls personally. I've been wondering why it seems so easy for guys to pull that off and I've found out that it's complicated. Here's an example from the instinctual/hormone angle of it: thoughtcatalog. com/shahida-arabi/2016/05/the-real-reason-why-we-love-bad-boys-toxic-partners-and-emotionally-unavailable-men/

Or another version:
      "Little girls do not tolerate flat faces. They interpret an emotionless face that's turned toward them as a signal they're not doing something right. Like dogs chasing Frisbees, little girls will go after the face until they get a response. The girls will think that if they do it just right, they'll get the reaction they expect. It's the same kind of instinct that keeps a grown woman going after a narcissistic or otherwise emotionally unavailable man - "if I do it just right, he'll love me." "
      - The Female Brain, p15

• Some of your points are good and decent but they but they work on the assumption that silly stereotypes are true, like that nice guys wear Pokemon shirts.

Also technically "nice" guys are bad boys they're just not the king girls like. And the "bad" boys themselves aren't genuinely bad to begin with.

The whole thing on both sides is just a bunch of utter nonsense to be honest.

• I know that nice guys wearing Pokémon shirts is a myth, but I put it in there as a joke. Girls look for adventure and people who are genuinely nice, both of which these “nice guys” lack.

• Really because I am a genuinely nice guy and have no issue getting women or keeping them.

You should really take a look at @Quintessence opinion, as it is quite correct in what in states.

• Women dont want guys they dont find attractive either

• Your take was well-written and thought out, but I do disagree on a few points. I think the nice guy/bad guy dichotomy is a non sequitur. Sure, being polite, kind, conscientious, attentive and "nice" are qualities we all appreciate, but there is a difference between appreciation and attraction. Attraction is instinctive, simple, and a complex idea like personality is only taken into account once attraction is or isn't established. Now the reason "bad guys" seem to get laid a lot is because they're attractive, not because they're douche-bags or whatever. But if they're already attractive and already getting laid, why would they ever feel the need to adjust their behavior? Self-proclaimed "nice" guys are really just unattractive dick-heads who think that faking nice will score them points. Still, unfortunately this means an attitudinal shift will not help them. Working out, dressing nicer and getting valuable life experience may help, but there are plenty of men who really did just get screwed by genetics. Fortunately, for them there are plenty of women who did too. And then there are even more unfortunate (and thankfully rare) men who just lack "the spark", and nothing will help them. However, a lot of these men will succeed in other areas, making terms like "alpha" and "beta" kind of irrelevant when talking about human society. It's way too complex for that.
    That Lynyrd Skynyrd story is funny as fuck by the way lol.

• Dude... yes. Finally someone has done something about the whining going around in GaG sometimes. It's really ironic how "nice guys" aren't actually nice. It's just a euphemism for a pathetic guy. Personally, I don't use the term "bad boy" either because I'm closer to that than a "nice guy", but I'm not a bad person nor am I a huge risk taker.

• Another bullshit mytake. There are plenty of genuine nice guys who are not faking it and are genuinely nice, yet women still shit on these guys.

• short answer: BECAUSE WOMEN ARE CHOOSING THE WRONG MEN, REMEMBER GIRLS YOU CHOOSE WHO GETS THE FUCK FUCK AND WHO DOESN'T STOP BREEDING WITH ASSHOLES YOU ARE LITERALLY ALTERING THE GENEPOOL ON A MACRO SCALE

• I agree with you, especially with the sixth point.
    I cannot stress enough how important it is to learn to accept and love yourself the way you are, stop making other persons more important than yourself and neglecting all your own views, values and principles. After all, how can you expect others to like, love and respect you if you are not willing to do the same for yourself?
    Self-Improvement is the keyword here.

• you made this whole take on "Bad boys" and completely forgot to mention that the strong silent james bond badass types are almost always emotionally unstable/drug addicts/borderline psychotic/broken family/major mental instability/extremely depressed types also. being the "bad boy" ain't all its cracked up to be.

• can't argue with facts. but they still get to spread their seeds though

• I only said that because I fit that stereotype in this take to a T and I'm still a sadsack

• okay, overall I won't agree to all those points. Cause there are some genuine "nice guys" like me😂😂😂
    jk

• Excellent work. Thanks for sharing.
    I was thinking about what you wrote and i find these points make all sense. All of them actually.

But then what is actually meant when you say "bad boy" and "nice guy" explicit in these quote marks? I know it's used for simple reference for the sake of this mytake.

I especially agree with stopping to put the pussy on a pedestal. This shite won't work.

Anyway good luck to you Friend.

• Thank you very much!

• I sure wish i could get a lady. I have been single for so eternally long. Think online dating works? At least it seems to be made for dating.

• Yeah I’ve seen online dating work before. I’d give it a shot

• There is a huge difference between nice and weak. Weak is letting a woman take advantage of and use you. Nice is prioritizing her in a relationship. As someone who expects to be priority #1 to my woman, I do the same in return if I am legitimately interested in her. But, I am not "nice" to undeserving women. Now, about the bad boy. I truly feel sorry for women attracted to bad boys. 100-150 years ago a bad boy was desirable. I could hunt, fish, and defend his land. In today's society, for purposes other than breeding the bad boy is obsolete. He can't stay of of his own way. "Bad Boys" are notorious for making babies that they cannot take care of.

• Yes indeed. I use to be “weak” too, but I got over it.

• @ maestrodematimaticas

how'd you get out of it? i have to admit my personal character is the same. i'm working on changing it now after life happend

• @parttimelover I quit dating promiscuous women. Point blank. Stay away from them and you will be just fine.

• This type of my take has been redone multiple times. You're just repeating stuff

• Yes, but not really from the other end of the spectrum. I went through and mostly saw takes where the “nice guy” is complaining (or the more popular ones at least)

• I've seen both sides a lot, I've been on this website for a long time. This is preached all the time.

• It was a first for me, so I appreciated the take.

• So many good guys thinking they need to be "bad" to get in a relationship...

• "5.) "Nice guys" assume that girls only date bad boys so they can turn them into nice guys." - I think not only "nice guys" assume this, because that's basically what we hear all the time as an explanation from the girls who dated bad boys :D

• Because one's a beta and one's not. The beta never gets the woman.

• Congratulations! I don't find anything wrong with your post. This is a record, I think. I didn't really read anything but the bold parts, but it's pretty spot on.

• Graphic tees in my opinion are never trendy. A plain white/grey/black t-shirt looks x10 better. Plain clothing that is well fitted aka... black shoes, blue jeans and black t-shirt... looks better then whatever mess i see ''nice'' guys wear.

• I think I'm a nice guy. But not only to women, I'd help anyone whom seek it. I don't get it either, all my friends are bad and they get girlfriends when there's me trying to get one.

• Most of this is correct. Keep in mind that this would apply to women as well. The "buff" or "muscular" guy being the most attractive is definitely a myth by experience. "Bad" and "nice" are wrong terms to use.

• Actually from what I see the buff guys are the ones with the most girls. Especially on college campuses.

• Then you haven't been around enough lol. Countless women love the slim/cute type!

• You forgot, "have a positive attitude and a good outlook on yourself"

People get too caught up with what other people think about them that they forget to think for themselves about themselves.

• Because the bad girls are the ones that date them and are crappier than you think and are crappier than the realize they are.

• All the bad boys I ever knew really were bad. After I transferred to another H. S. I watched the tv and round that almost the entire senior class was arrested at a rave party. They really were bad boys and girls. You people, lol. You don't know what bad is.

• When you are stubborn as hell, you don't want to see the truth. In the past she knew he was expelled from school for his shit, she knew I didn't like him for the same shit and she didn't tell anyone one of her relatives about it and refused to see anything. I had to tell her relatives about it, when the issue came up 10 years later just from pure accident. I realized the guy who worked at the store I worked at was her uncle.

• This girl was stubborn to the point she would listen to nobody but I later told her that when she first mentioned he was her boyfriend I thought to myself that she is seeing the wrong guy but didn't say anything. She said I should have said something maybe she would have listened but she wouldn't have and she knows it.

• Am I the only one here who finds the ''Nice Guys Finish Last'' theory to be nonsense? Both got equal attention in my opinion, at least, from my experiences.

• My older brother and I are nice guys and never had a girlfriends. It's just a coincidence, I assure you.

• Look all this is bullshit.

Girls are turned off when they are bored. Why do you think funny guys get girls? Because they keep girls happy.

Girls aren't attracted to bad boys, they are attracted to "BRAVE" boys. It's just that most nicd guys are pretty tame and play computer games without any will to push their body or mind.

Bad boys are braver and go clubs, chase aggressively, play sports and aren't afraid to pick a fight.

Like Thor, chicks dig him and Steve rogers, they like that character. Steve rogers is a virgin, but they stilll attract, because he ain't boring, he's BRAVE. He's got shit going on he's life

• there you go. well said sir

girls want to be as happy as boys do. but the problem is boys are happy with playing computer games and watching TV while their mom is cooking his dinner

confidence and bravery is what makes a male attractive to a girl. unfortunately this means work. plain and simple. adventurism requires waking up early, working for life, facing challenges and potential threats to a man's physical body. not to mention the expensive travel costs

• Its just about self confidence. I had that issue too, lack of confidence, it really destroys your life and getting girls is the must frustrating because if they reject you it rips you self confidence more apart which leads to you trying to be nice and friendly and hoping it helps. That's the wrong way! Work on yourself, or let someone help you out, until you rejection by a girl doesn't do shit to you and you are stronger than their opinion.
    Do sports regularly, go out with your friends, AND do something that you are afraid of, it makes you be proud of yourself and levels up your self confidence (like, if you have a social anxiety go visit a festival)

• This is why I keep my LDR going, even with the slim odds of success down the road. It means that I feel no obligation to pursue anyone else. Which also means I don't have to try so hard to impress anyone. And if a gal wants to be a cunt to me, I don't have to take it. What do I have to prove to them anyway?

High school was hell. I had no internet then, and no chance with the few gals that even went to that school. Come college, I had no game. Because I never had a chance to learn any. Get out more? To where? I had no car, and no neighbors back then. Farmhouse in the smack middle of nowhere. Just family, and... a whole lot of nothing.

In college, had to learn everything on the fly for the first time. Which is dangerous, because bad girls can smell naivety from miles away.

• I don't understand why I have to follow all these damn guidelines to date. Makes it seem like it's not at all worth it

• it's not really that complicated. It's basically in a nutshell, stop being a weirdo/start acting normally, treat women like human beings and do not focus on getting into a relationship. I feel like this is kind of obvious but some people miss that.

• Possibly, but again I know girls who would be in the exact position as you.

• it isn't worth it. the point is to control your urges and be a normal human being outside. be yourself and someday you'll find a girl.
      unfortunately not all girls want a relationship and more boys are wanting
      although not all boys want a relationship either. its just that sexually, boys mature earlier. as we get older the tables turn. boys aren't desperate for relationships anymore and girls are the ones looking to start a family

• I didn't act like a bad boy and was nice to my girlfriend... We've been together for almost 3 years now.

• Be a 'good guy', not a 'nice guy'. There's a difference.

• The terminology is cringy to no end lol 'bad boy' hahaha

• Show more from Guys
    8